Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Pick signings

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 7782
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Draft Pick signings Reply with quote

Feel free to add them here.

So far

Ross
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/5/7/15564306/bengals-sign-first-round-pick-john-ross-rookie-deal


and Lawson
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/5/7/15572006/bengals-sign-fourth-round-pick-carl-lawson-to-rookie-deal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beck Bristow


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Posts: 6834
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still surprised every year when we get our guys signed early. Too many yars of hold outs.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 17702
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see Ross in the fold early. As long as he can stay healthy, I'd like to see him jump in and grab a starting spot right away. Boyd works best in the slot, and we'll likely go 3 WR (or more) the vast majority of the snaps anyway.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 7279
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Good to see Ross in the fold early. As long as he can stay healthy, I'd like to see him jump in and grab a starting spot right away. Boyd works best in the slot, and we'll likely go 3 WR (or more) the vast majority of the snaps anyway.


I really do hope the young guys see the field more. I just really think guy like Lafell, Pacman, and MJ continue to steal snaps away from younger talent.

IMO they probably have control to a certain extent of how much they wanna play. Pacman will not react well to younger guys playing in front of him, especially for multiple snaps. He needs to go IMO. We have Kirkpatrick, Dennard, WJ3, Shaw, and other young guys that need to play.
_________________


Thanks to mike23md for the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 23108
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Good to see Ross in the fold early. As long as he can stay healthy, I'd like to see him jump in and grab a starting spot right away. Boyd works best in the slot, and we'll likely go 3 WR (or more) the vast majority of the snaps anyway.


I really do hope the young guys see the field more. I just really think guy like Lafell, Pacman, and MJ continue to steal snaps away from younger talent.

IMO they probably have control to a certain extent of how much they wanna play. Pacman will not react well to younger guys playing in front of him, especially for multiple snaps. He needs to go IMO. We have Kirkpatrick, Dennard, WJ3, Shaw, and other young guys that need to play.

I still think MJ is a prime cut candidate given the depth at that position now.

Ross will play over Lafell some at the beginning of the season, and probably almost entirely by seasons end.

Pacman is going to continue to steal snaps from WJIII and Denard so long as he's effective.
_________________
If you're not in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?

~T.S. Eliot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 7782
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Good to see Ross in the fold early. As long as he can stay healthy, I'd like to see him jump in and grab a starting spot right away. Boyd works best in the slot, and we'll likely go 3 WR (or more) the vast majority of the snaps anyway.


I really do hope the young guys see the field more. I just really think guy like Lafell, Pacman, and MJ continue to steal snaps away from younger talent.

IMO they probably have control to a certain extent of how much they wanna play. Pacman will not react well to younger guys playing in front of him, especially for multiple snaps. He needs to go IMO. We have Kirkpatrick, Dennard, WJ3, Shaw, and other young guys that need to play.

I still think MJ is a prime cut candidate given the depth at that position now.

Ross will play over Lafell some at the beginning of the season, and probably almost entirely by seasons end.

Pacman is going to continue to steal snaps from WJIII and Denard so long as he's effective.


The league might help us out by suspending Jones. It forces Dennard and Jackson to play more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 23108
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
theJ wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Good to see Ross in the fold early. As long as he can stay healthy, I'd like to see him jump in and grab a starting spot right away. Boyd works best in the slot, and we'll likely go 3 WR (or more) the vast majority of the snaps anyway.


I really do hope the young guys see the field more. I just really think guy like Lafell, Pacman, and MJ continue to steal snaps away from younger talent.

IMO they probably have control to a certain extent of how much they wanna play. Pacman will not react well to younger guys playing in front of him, especially for multiple snaps. He needs to go IMO. We have Kirkpatrick, Dennard, WJ3, Shaw, and other young guys that need to play.

I still think MJ is a prime cut candidate given the depth at that position now.

Ross will play over Lafell some at the beginning of the season, and probably almost entirely by seasons end.

Pacman is going to continue to steal snaps from WJIII and Denard so long as he's effective.


The league might help us out by suspending Jones. It forces Dennard and Jackson to play more.

Knowing the NFL, they will recognize that and not suspend him.
_________________
If you're not in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?

~T.S. Eliot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 5039
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Good to see Ross in the fold early.
......

....but he can't join camp or start working until after he graduates from Washington in June.......
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 5039
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
......Pacman is going to continue to steal snaps from WJIII and Denard so long as he's effective.


Notice Leon Hall is still unsigned. Seemed to play pretty well up in New York last year.

I wanna see Jones cut; think he's outdone his welcome in Cincy, but would consider Hall as a vet to help out the young guys. I see Leon in some sort of coaching role in the future.

Thoughts on Leon ?
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 5039
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
......and we'll likely go 3 WR (or more) the vast majority of the snaps anyway.


Again; depends on how the OL works out IMO. If we have to keep 7 guys back blocking for Andy we wont have many snaps where anyone gets downfield or can get open against double coverage.
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 7782
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:
......Pacman is going to continue to steal snaps from WJIII and Denard so long as he's effective.


Notice Leon Hall is still unsigned. Seemed to play pretty well up in New York last year.

I wanna see Jones cut; think he's outdone his welcome in Cincy, but would consider Hall as a vet to help out the young guys. I see Leon in some sort of coaching role in the future.

Thoughts on Leon ?


Maybe on the Chris Crocker/Leslie Isaiah Gaines plan, where when camp starts and players go down "If you need me, you call me". There, I'm showing my age with that one
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group