Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2018 CB/S Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: 2018 CB/S Thread Reply with quote

Talk about 2018 cornerbacks and safeties.

Check out a database of these prospects here
Counselor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dominick Sanders UGA should be in that safety database.

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see Dee Delaney on there. Apparently he got a draftable grade this past season at Citadel but transferred to a bigger school to raise his grade. Guys like Hunter Knighton and Juwon Young have transferred elsewhere and Courtel Jenkins I believe transferred to Rutgers. Also Malik Mayweather is a career walk-on. Some of the guys I see raising their stock a good amount this year are....

CB Dee Delaney
S Jaquan Johnson - Linited athletically though
RB Mark Walton - If he stays healthy I expect him to be drafted in the first 3 rounds.
TE Chris Herndon - Not as athletically gifted as Njoku but a better blocker.
DE Chad Thomas - Miami has the best DL coach in the nation now in Kuligowsli. Expect multiple 1st and 2nd rounders to be pumped out soon.
DT Kendrick Norton - See Chad Thomas
DT RJ McIntosh - See Thomas

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Nice to see Dee Delaney on there. Apparently he got a draftable grade this past season at Citadel but transferred to a bigger school to raise his grade. Guys like Hunter Knighton and Juwon Young have transferred elsewhere and Courtel Jenkins I believe transferred to Rutgers. Also Malik Mayweather is a career walk-on. Some of the guys I see raising their stock a good amount this year are....

CB Dee Delaney
RB Mark Walton - If he stays healthy I expect him to be drafted in the first 3 rounds.
DE Chad Thomas - Miami has the best DL coach in the nation now in Kuligowsli. Expect multiple 1st and 2nd rounders to be pumped out soon.

Miami's DL has 4 future 1st round picks on it. Or guys that will at least be in the discussion for 1st round picks.

Joe Jackson DE
Kendrick Norton DT
RJ McIntosh DT
Chad Thomas DE

Plus they have some good rotational depth at DE & DT. They have a stacked front 7, but I don't think their DB's are worth a lick. I liked Elder, but that was the only Miami DB I've liked coming out of there in a while. I liked Burns, but as a later round guy, not a 1st round pick.

Derwin James is the top DB in just about any draft class in recent memory.

Also, I love Quin Blanding. I only watched his sophomore tapes, but he looked like a late 1st round pick to me.
mikee

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derwin James gets all the press in the Florida State secondary but Tarvarus McFadden has crazy agility for a 6'1" 200+ pound CB. I'm not sure I have seen the combo of length and athleticism in a CB since Patrick Peterson.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikee wrote:
Derwin James gets all the press in the Florida State secondary but Tarvarus McFadden has crazy agility for a 6'1" 200+ pound CB. I'm not sure I have seen the combo of length and athleticism in a CB since Patrick Peterson.

Jalen Ramsey?
Jlash

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Minkah Fitzpatrick a CB or S at the next level?
RamRod

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Brandon Facyson can put together a good injury free season. I think he definitely has first round talent.
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:

Bust.

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
Ragnarok

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

CB Dee Delaney

As someone who graduated from there...it's The Citadel.

Seriously, we're awesome. We all may or may not have mild-at-best psychological issues, but we are damn fun.
mikee

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
mikee wrote:

Jalen Ramsey?

Ramsey is stronger, tougher and the more complete and versatile player. But I think McFadden is more fluid. He is a really loose athlete with great ball skills.

The issue with McFadden is he is completely uninterested in tackling. It is a real issue with him, both effort and technique. Similar to Witherspoon this past year. McFadden needs a big improvement in the give a s**t department. If he can step up his tackling the sky is the limit with him.

He toyed with Deshaun Watson and the good Clemson receiver core. Mitch Trubisky eviscerated the FSU secondary, except for McFadden, who handled the good UNC receiver core and they stayed away from him other than a couple of quick throws when McFadden was in off coverage. He made NC State and South Florida pay with interceptions whenever they dared challenge him.
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone to keep an eye on is Travon Blanchard out of Baylor. Yes he's currently in a case with domestic violence issues, but almost everything has been pointing to the girl completely making it up. I expect him to be reinstated very soon.

He's been our BEAR/NB for 3 years now, and with Rhule and the new defensive staff, I believe they are going to switch him to safety or corner (most likely a safety).

Listed at 6'2, 205. He's been an excellent playmaker for us all over the field with 4 interceptions, 4 fumbles forced, 3 fumbles recovered, 11 pass breakups, 19 tackles for loss, and 3.5 sacks over 37 games.

And then another guy is Davion Hall, safety. He's always one of the most athletic guys on the team. He committed here as a WR but he was recruited to Bama and other big schools as a safety. He had like 10 career catches and was switched to safety his junior year. He started a couple games last year and it was up and down. Had a big issue with tackling.

Now this year he's slated to start a cover safety. Not expecting him to get drafted at the moment due to very limited safety tape, but with Fran Brown and Phil Snow, they could potentially coach him up to a late draft selection.

He certainly has the talent to succeed at safety and has a legit NFL body, but of course he has to show scouts something this season.

tannenballs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minkah Fitzpatrick has such rare versatility. He's better than Ramsey as a prospect.
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iman Marshall may come out early at SC. Could see him being a safety at the next level though, great size but may not have the fluidity and CoD to stick at CB.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:

Anything you want

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: