You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2018 OL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Top5Fitz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Castiron wrote:
For me, this Oline class is all about Williams, Price, and Ragnow. All three are studs.

IvyLeague wrote:
Thoughts on Braden Smith? I came away very impressed with him.

Good player, athletic and powerful. A lot of guys come out of that gimmicky scheme and fall on their face, though. Will be keeping a eye on him this year.

Price? Meh. I love Williams, Smith and Ragnow.

LB Haason Reddick, S Budda Baker, WR Chad Williams, OG Dorian Johnson, OT Will Holden, RB/KR TJ Logan, CB/S Rudy Ford
Castiron

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top5Fitz wrote:
Castiron wrote:
For me, this Oline class is all about Williams, Price, and Ragnow. All three are studs.

IvyLeague wrote:

Good player, athletic and powerful. A lot of guys come out of that gimmicky scheme and fall on their face, though. Will be keeping a eye on him this year.

Do yourself a favor, go back and watch the playoff game against Bama. It's been a very long time since that state college in Ohio produced and Oline prospect this good.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OL, even with QB and DT, could be the #1 strength of next years draft class. I think some of the OC prospects will do some things. The EDGE looks like it could be good, too.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Castiron wrote:
Top5Fitz wrote:
Castiron wrote:

IvyLeague wrote:

Do yourself a favor, go back and watch the playoff game against Bama. It's been a very long time since that state college in Ohio produced and Oline prospect this good.

People criminally underrated Elflein and Decker IMO, Decker deserved the nearly top 10 pick that was spent on him. I personally liked him better than Stanley. I haven't watched Price, but I've heard good things.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Castiron

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
Castiron wrote:
Top5Fitz wrote:
Castiron wrote:

IvyLeague wrote:

People criminally underrated Elflein and Decker IMO, Decker deserved the nearly top 10 pick that was spent on him. I personally liked him better than Stanley. I haven't watched Price, but I've heard good things.

I have to admit that Decker has looked much better than I thought he would. In my defense, I'm still a bit hung up on the Mike Adams disaster. Plus, I hate Urban and OSU. So, there's that.
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
OL, even with QB and DT, could be the #1 strength of next years draft class. I think some of the OC prospects will do some things. The EDGE looks like it could be good, too.

I have to disagree, outside of Orlando Brown, I doubt we see a whole lot of OT's taken that high and OG's and OC's tend to go lower anyways. I also do not see a whole lot at DT. QB's are definitely the strength going into the season and the edge looks interesting as well.

OT could be deep, but not a lot of top end talent. Decent amout of LBers and DB's. RB's also looks to have some top end talent.

That's how I see it at the start of the season, but I'm sure the season will produce quite a few surprises.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iamcanadian wrote:
freak_of_nature wrote:

I have to disagree, outside of Orlando Brown, I doubt we see a whole lot of OT's taken that high and OG's and OC's tend to go lower anyways. I also do not see a whole lot at DT. QB's are definitely the strength going into the season and the edge looks interesting as well.

OT could be deep, but not a lot of top end talent. Decent amout of LBers and DB's. RB's also looks to have some top end talent.

That's how I see it at the start of the season, but I'm sure the season will produce quite a few surprises.

You could have 8 OL with 1st round grades:

Williams, McGlinchey, Brown, Rankin, Hyatt, Ivey, Nelson, and Adams.

Then Wilkins, Vea, Nandi, Payne, Loutulei, and others look way better than recent classes. I expect 8 DT's to be selected in the first 2 rounds.
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
Iamcanadian wrote:
freak_of_nature wrote:

You could have 8 OL with 1st round grades:

Williams, McGlinchey, Brown, Rankin, Hyatt, Ivey, Nelson, and Adams.

Then Wilkins, Vea, Nandi, Payne, Loutulei, and others look way better than recent classes. I expect 8 DT's to be selected in the first 2 rounds.

I could be way off, but I only have Brown as a top 10 prospect at this point and I cannot see Adams as a 1st round talent. Most of the rest are potentially middle to late round 1 talents, but some will likely slip to round 2. I would also add Braden Smith to you list.

As for the DT's, I only see Wilkins as a sure fire 1st rounder with Vea as a possible very late round 1er. The rest will likely get drafted after round 1. But as I said, a lot can change as the season progresses, especially as we are looking mostly at juniors who can make monster leaps up draft boards with added experience, so you could prove to be right.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was only 3 DT's and 3 OT's selected in the first two round this past draft. I think there will be a glut in 2018 to compensate.

2016: 8 DT's and 5 OT's in the first 2 rounds
2015: 4 DT's and 9 OT's in the first 2 rounds
2015: 5 DT's and 8 OT's in the first 2 rounds

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: