Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2018 OL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 14349
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Eagles#1 wrote:
Early in my studying I think Connor Williams, Orlando Brown, and Mike McGlinchey are by far the best 3 tackles in the draft. Trey Adams to me is the most overrated prospect right now

I'm not going to claim I've studied them deeply but in brief viewing Trey Adams is the guy I have the most trouble with among the four. But he's young and I think his problems are technical and can be worked on. He had a lot of trouble with both the guys USC had going against him. I remember a couple people here pumping up Adams and after watching the USC game I was stunned with what I saw. At least he doesn't have athletic limitations. You can work on him. I still have him in the first round.
This is pretty fair. I don't think any of these tackles are NFL ready right now. I thought Adams and Gustin had a pretty good back and forth though. I don't think just pressures/sacks/hits tells the story of a prospect. There were a couple times when I saw Adams stone him and I rewatched a play a couple of times. Certainly things he needs to work on, but in terms of upside, he's the guy I highlight in this class. I don't want to be in the business of throwing grades on offensive linemen after their sophomore film, but he's the guy I'm really excited about the potential of in this class. I'm a big agility time guy for offensive linemen (numbers bare out there too) and I bet he'd score real high in those if you pulled him out of the weight room right now. Kinda like Bolles without some of the non-athleticism questions that Bolles had. Feel pretty good about this one.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11639
Location: WI
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Eagles#1 wrote:
Early in my studying I think Connor Williams, Orlando Brown, and Mike McGlinchey are by far the best 3 tackles in the draft. Trey Adams to me is the most overrated prospect right now

I'm not going to claim I've studied them deeply but in brief viewing Trey Adams is the guy I have the most trouble with among the four. But he's young and I think his problems are technical and can be worked on. He had a lot of trouble with both the guys USC had going against him. I remember a couple people here pumping up Adams and after watching the USC game I was stunned with what I saw. At least he doesn't have athletic limitations. You can work on him. I still have him in the first round.
This is pretty fair. I don't think any of these tackles are NFL ready right now. I thought Adams and Gustin had a pretty good back and forth though. I don't think just pressures/sacks/hits tells the story of a prospect. There were a couple times when I saw Adams stone him and I rewatched a play a couple of times. Certainly things he needs to work on, but in terms of upside, he's the guy I highlight in this class. I don't want to be in the business of throwing grades on offensive linemen after their sophomore film, but he's the guy I'm really excited about the potential of in this class. I'm a big agility time guy for offensive linemen (numbers bare out there too) and I bet he'd score real high in those if you pulled him out of the weight room right now. Kinda like Bolles without some of the non-athleticism questions that Bolles had. Feel pretty good about this one.

If you're going to bet on a tackle make a bet on the young polar bear. I get you.
_________________
Follow me on Twitter @CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tannenballs


Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 3813
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Texas was good this would be the Connor Williams thread. I have firsts on Brown and McGlinchey and he blows them out of the water. Best player in the draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 36885
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coleman Shelton from Washington is an interesting player. Good athlete, good size, and pretty tough for the position. Has some flashes in the run game, still very much a work in progress in pass protection. Needs to stop trying to ride guys over the top like a tackle in pass protection, doesn't really work that well as a center (you can tell he recently converted to center from tackle).
_________________

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Top5Fitz


Joined: 01 Nov 2016
Posts: 184
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone had a look at Archie Lewis, Boise State?
_________________
Arizona Cardinals | FSU Football

LB Haason Reddick, S Budda Baker, WR Chad Williams, OG Dorian Johnson, OT Will Holden, RB/KR TJ Logan, CB/S Rudy Ford
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iamcanadian


Joined: 16 Jan 2006
Posts: 291
Location: Wallaceburg, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
If Texas was good this would be the Connor Williams thread. I have firsts on Brown and McGlinchey and he blows them out of the water. Best player in the draft.


I disagree, The GBN have Brown, Okla. Hyatt, Clemson, McGlinchey, Notre Dame, Braden Smith, Auburn, and Martinas Rankin, Miss. St. all above him and they are a very reputable site. The only real worry I have is on McGlinchey who plays with Nelson, one of the top interior OLmen in this draft and sometimes it can make a player look better than he really is. I will be watching them closely this coming season.

Of course, the season will provide the real answers, but so far, Williams is just among the top OT's and will have to show real improvement to become the best. He has a shot for sure, but he is not there just yet.
_________________
and proud of it!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11639
Location: WI
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Welsh / 6'3" 290 / Iowa / 5-SR / NFL Age: 24

Good little guard. Solid body type. Put together. Body is synced. Moves around relatively well. Good with his hands.

I like him.
_________________
Follow me on Twitter @CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tannenballs


Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 3813
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iamcanadian wrote:
tannenballs wrote:
If Texas was good this would be the Connor Williams thread. I have firsts on Brown and McGlinchey and he blows them out of the water. Best player in the draft.


I disagree, The GBN have Brown, Okla. Hyatt, Clemson, McGlinchey, Notre Dame, Braden Smith, Auburn, and Martinas Rankin, Miss. St. all above him and they are a very reputable site. The only real worry I have is on McGlinchey who plays with Nelson, one of the top interior OLmen in this draft and sometimes it can make a player look better than he really is. I will be watching them closely this coming season.

Of course, the season will provide the real answers, but so far, Williams is just among the top OT's and will have to show real improvement to become the best. He has a shot for sure, but he is not there just yet.


Reputable or not, that list is just wrong, with a couple names being comical
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tannenballs


Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 3813
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBN is so reputable that they are missing Sam Darnold and Josh Allen in their top 40 Laughing


http://gbnreport.com/top-40-underclassmen-eligible-2018-draft/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iamcanadian


Joined: 16 Jan 2006
Posts: 291
Location: Wallaceburg, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
GBN is so reputable that they are missing Sam Darnold and Josh Allen in their top 40 Laughing


http://gbnreport.com/top-40-underclassmen-eligible-2018-draft/



Here's their 1st round projection:

http://gbnreport.com/preliminary-2018-first-round-projection/

They have Darnold and Allen going 1/3.

Your have completely miss interpreted their top 40 which only includes true sophs and redshirt freshmen if you bothered to read the article.

Allen and Darnold do not qualify under those conditions as Allen is a junior and Darnold is a redshirt soph. Get your facts straight, please.

I have a serious question since I am new to the site. Can we post a link to sites like GBN, I thought we couldn't but 'tannenballs' did so I assumed I could also, but is that correct or not.
_________________
and proud of it!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
tannenballs


Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 3813
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iamcanadian wrote:
tannenballs wrote:
GBN is so reputable that they are missing Sam Darnold and Josh Allen in their top 40 Laughing


http://gbnreport.com/top-40-underclassmen-eligible-2018-draft/



Here's their 1st round projection:

http://gbnreport.com/preliminary-2018-first-round-projection/

They have Darnold and Allen going 1/3.

Your have completely miss interpreted their top 40 which only includes true sophs and redshirt freshmen if you bothered to read the article.

Allen and Darnold do not qualify under those conditions as Allen is a junior and Darnold is a redshirt soph. Get your facts straight, please.

I have a serious question since I am new to the site. Can we post a link to sites like GBN, I thought we couldn't but 'tannenballs' did so I assumed I could also, but is that correct or not.


Touché. Yes you can post links, no problem
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
romo2bryant


Joined: 23 Jan 2011
Posts: 2390
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
If Texas was good this would be the Connor Williams thread. I have firsts on Brown and McGlinchey and he blows them out of the water. Best player in the draft.


say more like this
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tannenballs


Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 3813
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000817902/article/first-look-scouting-texas-ot-connor-williams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IvyLeague


Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Posts: 1888
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on Braden Smith? I came away very impressed with him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Castiron


Joined: 22 Jul 2017
Posts: 14
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, this Oline class is all about Williams, Price, and Ragnow. All three are studs.

IvyLeague wrote:
Thoughts on Braden Smith? I came away very impressed with him.


Good player, athletic and powerful. A lot of guys come out of that gimmicky scheme and fall on their face, though. Will be keeping a eye on him this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group