You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2018 RB Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JMG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top5Fitz wrote:
Mark Walton, Miami is so underrated.
Yup.

Watch the TD run he had that was called back against FSU. One of the best runs I've seen from a Miami RB in a while.
Doesn't look suspicious at all.
tannenballs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abe56 wrote:
Kalen Ballage prob one of the freakier athletes in this whole class

Yup
IvyLeague

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IvyLeague wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
Marky wrote:
Don't sleep on Mike Weber of tOSU. With Kevin Wilson at OC, I think he gets a lot more carries. He's no Barkley, but I could see him end up being a 2nd-4th round prospect when all said and done.

His lack of elite speed/homerun hitting ability will limit him at the NFL level. He's a nice between the tackles thumper, but that's about it.

Throw in his fumbling concerns and lack of elite pass-blocking/catching, and he's got a LONG way to go IMO.

If he came out this year, I see him as about the 7th-10th best RB prospect in the draft.

What?????? 100% false as far as the pass blocking, he is every bit as good as Zeke was in that department he is ultra physical without the ball, and as far as him catching he caught a lot of those swing passes we did. Im not sure about those accusations bro, Zeke fumbled early in his career as well.

The only issue with Weber is that he isn't fast at all, his vision and anticipation of the hole is his calling card and as good as any prospect in this draft. He just isn't fast, he is probably going to be 4.59 - 4.65 guy, which is a shame, he does everything else pretty well imo.

He ran 4.57 this spring so I'm guessing he'll be somewhere around 4.65 at the combine.

Welp, the 4.57 was an old time. Weber ran 4.35 this spring.
Brandon26841

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IvyLeague wrote:
IvyLeague wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
Marky wrote:
Don't sleep on Mike Weber of tOSU. With Kevin Wilson at OC, I think he gets a lot more carries. He's no Barkley, but I could see him end up being a 2nd-4th round prospect when all said and done.

His lack of elite speed/homerun hitting ability will limit him at the NFL level. He's a nice between the tackles thumper, but that's about it.

Throw in his fumbling concerns and lack of elite pass-blocking/catching, and he's got a LONG way to go IMO.

If he came out this year, I see him as about the 7th-10th best RB prospect in the draft.

What?????? 100% false as far as the pass blocking, he is every bit as good as Zeke was in that department he is ultra physical without the ball, and as far as him catching he caught a lot of those swing passes we did. Im not sure about those accusations bro, Zeke fumbled early in his career as well.

The only issue with Weber is that he isn't fast at all, his vision and anticipation of the hole is his calling card and as good as any prospect in this draft. He just isn't fast, he is probably going to be 4.59 - 4.65 guy, which is a shame, he does everything else pretty well imo.

He ran 4.57 this spring so I'm guessing he'll be somewhere around 4.65 at the combine.

Take that 40 time with a HUGE grain of salt. Weber will run a 4.55 at best at the combine.

This is sort of Urban Meyer's thing...

Rainey 4.24 = 4.48
Murphy 4.25 = 4.43
Harvin 4.28 = 4.41
Haden 4.33 = 4.62

Roby 4.26 = 4.39
Miller 4.32 = 4.50
Grant 4.32 = 4.44
Smith 4.33 = 4.42
Shazier 4.35 = 4.38 (probably a mid 4.4 had he run in Indy)
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon26841 wrote:
IvyLeague wrote:
IvyLeague wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
Marky wrote:

Take that 40 time with a HUGE grain of salt. Weber will run a 4.55 at best at the combine.

This is sort of Urban Meyer's thing...

Rainey 4.24 = 4.48
Murphy 4.25 = 4.43
Harvin 4.28 = 4.41
Haden 4.33 = 4.62

Roby 4.26 = 4.39
Miller 4.32 = 4.50
Grant 4.32 = 4.44
Smith 4.33 = 4.42
Shazier 4.35 = 4.38 (probably a mid 4.4 had he run in Indy)

While it is quite true that hand timed speeds are certainly slower than official clockings, you have to remember that practically every scout, GM, HC etc. hand time every runner at the combine/pro days and use those timings to judge players against past runners who they previously hand timed from past years.

For the most part they rely on hand timing alone as a judge of players speed and do not use official timings as much as people might think. Official timing is more for the show aspect of the combine to get the audience to watch. In judging a player against past players when no official times existed, means little to scouts, GM's and HC's and can be misleading in the sense that the clock starts with any movement on a runners part while hand timing starts when those watching the process actually see a runner in their opinion, starting to run.

The whole point of running the 40, is to judge players against past performers which establishes a minimum standard for each position. You therefore cannot use official times when previous generations were never timed that way and only hand timing existed to establish those standards.
If I as a GM or scout or HC have hand timed prospects for the last 20 years, using hand timing, I really do not care what the official timing is.

It is pretty clear that every GM, scout and HC hand time each runner, if they really used official times, they would not bother with hand timing and rely on official times, the fact that they all hand time clearly indicates that they only trust their hand times and not the official times. So hand times are very important in the Combine/pro days as long as they are done by GM's, scouts and HC's themselves and not by the schools who have a vested interest in lying as a publicity tool to help recruiting.

So, don't be so quick to ignore hand times, they are what is really used by GM's, scouts and HC's to judge players against the standards set for each position based on years of hand timing.
smokeybandit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saquon Barkley power cleaning 405lbs

https://twitter.com/DGalt3/status/880599314854236163
tannenballs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Michel and Wadley will be great 3rd down backs
DaCDiggity

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevada's RB James Butler is Grad Transferring to Iowa. Could be quite the duo with Wadley. I could see both seeing times in the slot to get both on the field together

Let The Zimmer Dynasty Begin
#TeddyisReady
TheSCOUT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkley is a once in a generation player.

He's the most amazing talent that I've seen since Bo Jackson...he might even be better.

Future HOF. He will redefine the RB position.
smokeybandit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkley did 30 reps of 225 today at a charity event.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokeybandit wrote:
Barkley did 30 reps of 225 today at a charity event.
Stud

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Eagles#1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Derrius Guice as my number one back

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles#1 wrote:
They're both special players

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles#1 wrote:
They're both special players

- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSCOUT wrote:
Barkley is a once in a generation player.

He's the most amazing talent that I've seen since Bo Jackson...he might even be better.

Future HOF. He will redefine the RB position.

Bo, I believe, ran a 4.30 so it will be difficult for Barkley to match that, but I do agree, he is a super great prospect.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: