Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2018 RB Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
Marky wrote:
Don't sleep on Mike Weber of tOSU. With Kevin Wilson at OC, I think he gets a lot more carries. He's no Barkley, but I could see him end up being a 2nd-4th round prospect when all said and done.

His lack of elite speed/homerun hitting ability will limit him at the NFL level. He's a nice between the tackles thumper, but that's about it.

Throw in his fumbling concerns and lack of elite pass-blocking/catching, and he's got a LONG way to go IMO.

If he came out this year, I see him as about the 7th-10th best RB prospect in the draft.

What?????? 100% false as far as the pass blocking, he is every bit as good as Zeke was in that department he is ultra physical without the ball, and as far as him catching he caught a lot of those swing passes we did. Im not sure about those accusations bro, Zeke fumbled early in his career as well.

The only issue with Weber is that he isn't fast at all, his vision and anticipation of the hole is his calling card and as good as any prospect in this draft. He just isn't fast, he is probably going to be 4.59 - 4.65 guy, which is a shame, he does everything else pretty well imo.
MWil23

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
Marky wrote:
Don't sleep on Mike Weber of tOSU. With Kevin Wilson at OC, I think he gets a lot more carries. He's no Barkley, but I could see him end up being a 2nd-4th round prospect when all said and done.

His lack of elite speed/homerun hitting ability will limit him at the NFL level. He's a nice between the tackles thumper, but that's about it.

Throw in his fumbling concerns and lack of elite pass-blocking/catching, and he's got a LONG way to go IMO.

If he came out this year, I see him as about the 7th-10th best RB prospect in the draft.

What?????? 100% false as far as the pass blocking, he is every bit as good as Zeke was in that department he is ultra physical without the ball, and as far as him catching he caught a lot of those swing passes we did. Im not sure about those accusations bro, Zeke fumbled early in his career as well.

The only issue with Weber is that he isn't fast at all, his vision and anticipation of the hole is his calling card and as good as any prospect in this draft. He just isn't fast, he is probably going to be 4.59 - 4.65 guy, which is a shame, he does everything else pretty well imo.

A couple of things:

1. I said that he wasn't elite as a pass catcher/pass blocker, not that he couldn't do it. Can he line up in the slot like Samuel/Caff and catch the ball/run routes? DEFINITELY NOT. But hey, he caught a "couple of swing passes".

2. I didn't say that he couldn't fix his fumbling problems, but right now that is an issue that must be resolved, just like Zeke, Eddie (see: Illinois his Freshman year...ugh), and many other RBs.

Not elite=/=Not decent or that it can't be that way one day. He still has lots of time to develop.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
Marky wrote:

A couple of things:

1. I said that he wasn't elite as a pass catcher/pass blocker, not that he couldn't do it. Can he line up in the slot like Samuel/Caff and catch the ball/run routes? DEFINITELY NOT. But hey, he caught a "couple of swing passes".

2. I didn't say that he couldn't fix his fumbling problems, but right now that is an issue that must be resolved, just like Zeke, Eddie (see: Illinois his Freshman year...ugh), and many other RBs.

Not elite=/=Not decent or that it can't be that way one day. He still has lots of time to develop.

I agree that he may not be elite, but what he can be is a dependable back at the next level, which can be just as important IMO.

And as far as his pass blocking, what I saw was him destroying LBs, that's why I reacted that way.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin Kurant wrote:
I mentioned earlier that Terence Williams should be added. He's a physical specimen who could really raise his draft stock if he can do some receiving damage this year. I still maintain that he'll be our first RB in forever to make it in the NFL.

Also, Johnny Jefferson is at UTSA now.

I'll keep an eye out for him next year.

Speaking of Big 12 RBs. I liked what I saw from Kyle Hicks. He ran for a thousand yards, caught just under 50 passes, and had double digit touchdowns last year. Interested to see how he follows that up this year.

Anyone else like him?

His teammate Sewo Olonilua (Sophomore) is a 6'3" and 225 lb back that moves well.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaCDiggity wrote:
Obviously I'm biased but I'm really curious to see how Akrum Wadley handles a bigger work load this year

Also biased, but I think the sky is the limit for him.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
IvyLeague

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
Marky wrote:

He ran 4.57 this spring so I'm guessing he'll be somewhere around 4.65 at the combine.
Eagles#1

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in love with Kamryn Pettway

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Nick Chubb will bounce back.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
I've been pimping saquon since day 1. Better prospect than Elliott. Guice is also a 1st rounder to me, as is scarbrough.

Akrum wadley probably has the best jump cut in the country and should be a day 2 guy.

I think Barkley and Guice are the cream so far, but not yet top 10 , but close to it, especially Barkley. Look out for both Harris and Scarbrough of Alabama. They will probably share time, but both are big time talents.
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="MSURacerDT55"]
MWil23 wrote:
Marky wrote:

Zeke was one of the best pass blockers as a RB, to come out of college in a long time. So, I am doubting that anybody in this draft is as good as he was. And as a prospect, Zeke is ahead of any RB in this year's crop, even Barkley has a ways to go to reach Zeke's ranking.
smokeybandit

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elite pass blocking is the rarest of any skill by a RB. If you have average pass blocking skills, you're well ahead of the pack.

I expect Saquon Barkley to take that leap into near elite pass blocking this coming year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: