You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2018 RB Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marky

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't sleep on Mike Weber of tOSU. With Kevin Wilson at OC, I think he gets a lot more carries. He's no Barkley, but I could see him end up being a 2nd-4th round prospect when all said and done.

PSN- NewDayRocks4
Student @ smww.com
Scout for the funz of it
MWil23

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marky wrote:
Don't sleep on Mike Weber of tOSU. With Kevin Wilson at OC, I think he gets a lot more carries. He's no Barkley, but I could see him end up being a 2nd-4th round prospect when all said and done.

His lack of elite speed/homerun hitting ability will limit him at the NFL level. He's a nice between the tackles thumper, but that's about it.

Throw in his fumbling concerns and lack of elite pass-blocking/catching, and he's got a LONG way to go IMO.

If he came out this year, I see him as about the 7th-10th best RB prospect in the draft.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
Marky wrote:

His lack of elite speed/homerun hitting ability will limit him at the NFL level. He's a nice between the tackles thumper, but that's about it.

Throw in his fumbling concerns and lack of elite pass-blocking/catching, and he's got a LONG way to go IMO.

If he came out this year, I see him as about the 7th-10th best RB prospect in the draft.

I watched a little of Weber last night since DB posted a bunch of his cuts. Seemed sluggish. I was expecting a more explosive guy.
MWil23

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
MWil23 wrote:

I watched a little of Weber last night since DB posted a bunch of his cuts. Seemed sluggish. I was expecting a more explosive guy.

Honestly, as bad as JT Barrett, our OL, and our predictability based off of formations was, I thought that this was the biggest factor:

In 2014 and 2015, Zeke was so explosive and versatile, that you didn't know whether or not OSU was running between the tackles, veer, sweep, etc. He was that good/versatile.

In 2016 with Weber, who is a nice college thumper, you knew that when they didn't motion Samuel in the backfield and had Weber back there that:

1. They were either running between the tackles/zone read or throwing a pass, not to the RB (unlike Zeke the years before).

When they motioned Samuel to the backfield, they would:

1. Run speed option, inverted veer, jet, touch pass, or boot and NOT run between the tackles.

While playcalling was a huge issue the last 2 years, Weber's lack of explosiveness and homerun hitting ability was also a factor.

JMHO

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, man. I'm not a guy who sits around watching college games as a hobby very often. I don't know much about Ohio States schemes. But whenever I watch them Barrett is terrible. What a strange offense that's been of late.
MWil23

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Thanks, man. I'm not a guy who sits around watching college games as a hobby very often. I don't know much about Ohio States schemes. But whenever I watch them Barrett is terrible. What a strange offense that's been of late.

One of the many reasons I was a huge advocate of the 2 back system with BOTH Samuel and Weber in the backfield last year. While it would have hurt their passing game (Samuel not in the slot), it was bad anyway. However, their tells would have been minimized in the running game, which is what they do 65+% of the time anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald Jones compares at least somewhat to jamaal charles when i watch him. Similarly built, damn good top end, and very smooth. Haven't seen him catch a ton of balls though.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
VanS

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Ronald Jones compares at least somewhat to jamaal charles when i watch him. Similarly built, damn good top end, and very smooth. Haven't seen him catch a ton of balls though.

He's the closest thing to Jamaal Charles I've seen. Every year people wanna compare the undersized speedy back that's coming out to Charles and it never really lines up. With Ronald Jones the comparison is legit. The similarities are eerie.
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abe56 wrote:
Kalen Ballage prob one of the freakier athletes in this whole class

A bit of a homer obviously, but Ballage is gunna be a really good pro IMO. He will fit a lot better in a pro style offense I believe, and is deadly in the rezone.
DaCDiggity

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
DaCDiggity wrote:
Obviously I'm biased but I'm really curious to see how Akrum Wadley handles a bigger work load this year

He's getting a bigger workload?

Guess I'll be tuning in to more Iowa games.

The new OC was asked over/under 28 touches/game and he said over so who knows as an iowa fan i love that to death haha

Let The Zimmer Dynasty Begin
#TeddyisReady

Last edited by DaCDiggity on Wed May 10, 2017 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Calvert28

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:

He's the closest thing to Jamaal Charles I've seen. Every year people wanna compare the undersized speedy back that's coming out to Charles and it never really lines up. With Ronald Jones the comparison is legit. The similarities are eerie.

Besides similar size and maybe 40 time. Charles played with alot more wiggle to his game and was a legit receiving threat. Also Charles proved on the Longhorns to be able to find open lanes whether in the backfield or running in open space as a receiver on top of being a 3 Down back. And even then he was dropped to the 3rd round.

Jones has alot to prove before he can be compared to Charles.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
tyler735

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:

I don't see it. At best a poor mans Charles
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Abe56 wrote:

If he played us every week he'd be a lock for 1.1

So would a lot of players.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Abe56 wrote:

If he played us every week he'd be a lock for 1.1

So would a lot of players.

Damn Laughing
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned earlier that Terence Williams should be added. He's a physical specimen who could really raise his draft stock if he can do some receiving damage this year. I still maintain that he'll be our first RB in forever to make it in the NFL.

Also, Johnny Jefferson is at UTSA now.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: