Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2018 RB Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: 2018 RB Thread Reply with quote

Discuss 2018 RB's here.

Check out a database of these prospects here
DaCDiggity

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously I'm biased but I'm really curious to see how Akrum Wadley handles a bigger work load this year

Let The Zimmer Dynasty Begin
#TeddyisReady
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rawleigh Williams is retiring.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/5/8/15582140/arkansas-rawleigh-williams-iii-retirement-football-neck-injury

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the 2017 RB class got a lot of hype but I believe the 2018 class will ultimately be better. I've said this before and will keep saying it but Saquon Barkley is the best RB I've seen since Adrian Peterson. He's a better pro prospect IMO than Ezekiel Elliott and significantly better than Leonard Fournette. Beyond the headliner (Barkley), I think the class has some nice depth. Ronald Jones II looks like the second coming of Jamaal Charles. I believe he will have a similar impact in the NFL. Derrius Guice was better than Leonard Fournette at LSU and I wouldn't be surprised if he's the better pro. It'll be interseting to see if Nick Chubb can return to his pre-injury form. That will make this class even better.

All in all the 2018 draft looks like a very exciting class. It definitely has better talent at the top than in 2017. I'll be interested to see if the depth of the class develops to rival what we saw this past draft.
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saquon Barkley is unbelievable. Top 10 guy for sure barring injuries.

There are guys like Nick Chubb and Royce Freeman, but I believe they are overrated.

Derrius Guice is a beast. Shocking agility and explosion for a dude that large. Looks more well-rounded than Fournette, but I think Leonard was a more physical runner and the better overall player. He should go in the top 15 or so.

Mark Walton is really good. Miami's OL is an embarrassment and hides his talent. He runs really hard, has a great NFL body, and has skills out of the backfield. He reminds me of a faster Alvin Kamara.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like that this class has a couple of those 5'11" 225 type freaks in Barkley and Guice that I love so much. Should be fun. I hope they both stay healthy and come out.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaCDiggity wrote:
Obviously I'm biased but I'm really curious to see how Akrum Wadley handles a bigger work load this year

He's getting a bigger workload?

Guess I'll be tuning in to more Iowa games.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:

There are guys like Nick Chubb and Royce Freeman, but I believe they are overrated.

Derrius Guice is a beast. Shocking agility and explosion for a dude that large. Looks more well-rounded than Fournette, but I think Leonard was a more physical runner and the better overall player. He should go in the top 15 or so.

Mark Walton is really good. Miami's OL is an embarrassment and hides his talent. He runs really hard, has a great NFL body, and has skills out of the backfield. He reminds me of a faster Alvin Kamara.

Keep an eye on Jordan Scarlett. UF utilized him poorly last year. He's a good HB.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add me to that list of people more excited about 2018 RBs than this years. Ronald Jones is one of the most exciting RBs with the ball in his hands, Barkley is out of this world, Guice is a beast, Warren over at Texas and Scarborough at Bama should be fun to watch as the big, physical runners, Walton and Wadley are quality RBs unfortunately getting very little help, both Georgia RBs, smaller exciting guys like Webb at Vandy, Jackson at Northwestern and Gaskins in Washington. There's literally a flavor for everyone's liking.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:

Keep an eye on Jordan Scarlett. UF utilized him poorly last year. He's a good HB.

Yeah, I remember last year I saw #25 flashing and had to look up who it was and it was Scarlett.

He's a guy that doesn't have a lot of buzz around him right now, but that should change. He'll probably rise up rankings if he does come out next year.

I wonder how many underclassmen backs will actually declare, because there are so many good ones.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Rawleigh Williams is retiring.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/5/8/15582140/arkansas-rawleigh-williams-iii-retirement-football-neck-injury

Sucks for him but I felt as a prospect he was a little too Montee Ball-ish to last long in the NFL. Wants to be an NFL GM one day though.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been pimping saquon since day 1. Better prospect than Elliott. Guice is also a 1st rounder to me, as is scarbrough.

Akrum wadley probably has the best jump cut in the country and should be a day 2 guy.

Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald Jones as mentioned but also keep an eye out for Aca'cedric Ware who is RJ2's back up.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalen Ballage prob one of the freakier athletes in this whole class
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abe56 wrote:
Kalen Ballage prob one of the freakier athletes in this whole class

If he played us every week he'd be a lock for 1.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: