Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patrick Mahomes II
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just feel we've needed a guy just like Mahomes. Too often I see Alex as a yes man. He'll do exactly what the coach tells him to a tee, too the detriment of winning the game at times.

One of the stories I hear about Favre is that coaches are stubborn. They want the play run the exact way they draw it up, Holmgren was like that and I bet Andy is too. But Favre went off script to make a play, and we need that bad.

It's a double edged sword, but it's lots of fun and could be the beginning of something truly special.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Mahomes seems to be doing all the right things. Staying after practice, practicing the verbiage of the playbook in the mirror, getting teammates numbers and keeping in touch.
valkrei

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
I just feel we've needed a guy just like Mahomes. Too often I see Alex as a yes man. He'll do exactly what the coach tells him to a tee, too the detriment of winning the game at times.

One of the stories I hear about Favre is that coaches are stubborn. They want the play run the exact way they draw it up, Holmgren was like that and I bet Andy is too. But Favre went off script to make a play, and we need that bad.

It's a double edged sword, but it's lots of fun and could be the beginning of something truly special.

You have to trust your players to make players and exploit weakness that they see.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also need for them to set their feet before a throw, use the pocket, not throw into double coverage and learn when to eat the ball.

J

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is why he's not the only option to start at quarterback this season. They can teach him the things he weak with. They can't teach most of the things he has as gifts. Plus the kid has by all reports an outstanding attitude about learning the game, playing when the coaches think he's ready. I'm not crazy about trading up and giving up what we did, but everyone in the front office and the coaching staff was in board with this...that says something.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully he is not an option at all this season.

J

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
You also need for them to set their feet before a throw, use the pocket, not throw into double coverage and learn when to eat the ball.

J
hes a bit wild right now, but hes got the skills you can't teach.

Just gotta refine him a bit, but chaos isn't always a bad thing.
valkrei

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J
hes a bit wild right now, but hes got the skills you can't teach.

Just gotta refine him a bit, but chaos isn't always a bad thing.

I don't know how many times we watched our D almost get the QB and then they would make some stupid crazy awesome throw and its a first down again or TD. Mahommes can be that QB.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep him away from game conditions until his new habits have had time to settle in. Rodgers did not play at all. Romo did not play at all. Those are the success stories. The not-success stories were playing early.

If Mahomes plays a down this year it will be unfortunate. I'm hoping that noting less than a season ending injury to Smith would allow it. Even then, i might bite the bullet and lose the rest of the games with Stave or whomever is on the street.

J

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
Keep him away from game conditions until his new habits have had time to settle in. Rodgers did not play at all. Romo did not play at all. Those are the success stories. The not-success stories were playing early.

If Mahomes plays a down this year it will be unfortunate. I'm hoping that noting less than a season ending injury to Smith would allow it. Even then, i might bite the bullet and lose the rest of the games with Stave or whomever is on the street.

J

If Alex goes down for the year.... I'm all for seeing what we have in Tyler Bray.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piquel wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J

If Alex goes down for the year.... I'm all for seeing what we have in Tyler Bray.

Exactly. I'm mentioned Stave because he's next after Bray. If all three are on IR, then get someone bagging groceries.

J

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
Piquel wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J

Exactly. I'm mentioned Stave because he's next after Bray. If all three are on IR, then get someone bagging groceries.

J

No way we keep 4 QB on the 53. Alex-Bray-Mahommes. Stave will be on the practice squad more than likely.

The Air Less Expected on 3rd down AKA the ALEX scale
Piquel

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingseanjohn wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:
Piquel wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J

J

No way we keep 4 QB on the 53. Alex-Bray-Mahommes. Stave will be on the practice squad more than likely.

You're right about Stave being practice squad if all QB's are healthy. However if Alex and Tyler go down IMHO Jayhawk is saying he wants Stave to jump Mahomes. I'm down with that. I do think that it is important that Mahomes is on the 53 for game days, but not playing, to help him become the leader of the team in a few years. I'd want Mahomes to be the #3 for this year no matter how many injuries our #1 and #2 get.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
Piquel wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J

J
Reid already mentioned in a press conference how he let McNabb take snaps the end of his rookie year when they were playing badly to get the rookie some playing time.

If we're down to our 3rd QB I doubt he'd keep Mahomes on the bench. Unless he's just that bad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: