You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patrick Mahomes II
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Patrick Mahomes II Reply with quote

So the first QB weve drafted in the first round since 1983.

The more I read about him the more I like him. I was pretty high on him because he's got that gunslinger mentality that can really have this offense take off. Dat arm strength is great, reminds me of Matt Stafford. He can throw it any angle and hit a target.

Seems like he's got a good personality, good head on his shoulders. He presented an award to Clark Hunt for charity, must've been convincing. He's been putting in work extra to become great, I like that.

Interceptions are unacceptable, but I think he can settle down if he's got a actual defense behind him.

He needs extensive work on his footwork, ability to call plays in the huddle, and take snaps under center. But Reid is coach, he'll figure out a way to make it work.

Sit for a year and see how it turns out. Might even get playing time if Alex misses his usual games. On another note, hopefully Alex balls out this year.
valkrei

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Patrick Mahomes II Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
So the first QB weve drafted in the first round since 1983.

The more I read about him the more I like him. I was pretty high on him because he's got that gunslinger mentality that can really have this offense take off. Dat arm strength is great, reminds me of Matt Stafford. He can throw it any angle and hit a target.

Seems like he's got a good personality, good head on his shoulders. He presented an award to Clark Hunt for charity, must've been convincing. He's been putting in work extra to become great, I like that.

Interceptions are unacceptable, but I think he can settle down if he's got a actual defense behind him.

He needs extensive work on his footwork, ability to call plays in the huddle, and take snaps under center. But Reid is coach, he'll figure out a way to make it work.

Sit for a year and see how it turns out. Might even get playing time if Alex misses his usual games. On another note, hopefully Alex balls out this year.

yea and knowing he doesn't have to win the game every play will make a big difference on what ball he chooses to throw. And with his arm he can throw it out of bounds from anywhere on the field im sure of that which is a good thing.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team has never successfully drafted and developed a QB. Odd.

Chiefer wrote:

I think you understate things. He seems almost uninstructed. He does not have poor footwork. He has no footwork. Every throw is unique. His sense of pocket is minimal and his willingness to run is extreme. If he can become even a raw NFL style QB in one year of intense work, he'll be doing well.

Thank goodness for the Aaron Rodgers example. It's something to show people how long a commitment is needed and that it can be successful. Still, I think Tony Romo is more apropos. He didn't throw a pass in a game for two whole years.

J

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the difference between Pat Mahomes and Josh Dobbs? At least 2 FIRST Rd. draft choices. Is it worth the difference? Hmmmm, we'll see in a couple of years........maybe.
valkrei

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
What's the difference between Pat Mahomes and Josh Dobbs? At least 2 FIRST Rd. draft choices. Is it worth the difference? Hmmmm, we'll see in a couple of years........maybe.

0 people had Dobbs graded higher than Mahommes. I mean seriously you don't like the pick we all know you are super negative on the Chiefs unless they draft a player you wanted them to draft. Way to much over reaction.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
that and Mahomes doesn't look like an alien.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:

There is as much difference as between #5, Corey Davis and #40, Samuel Curtis. A WR is a WR right?

J

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:

Arm strength, vision, accuracy, decision making. Basically everything involving passing the ball, Mahomes was better at last year in college. Particularly the accuracy.

Dobbs was a good value pick where Pittsburgh got him, and there is potential there. But there are pretty clear reasons why he was projected to go 2 - 4 rounds lower than Mahomes, depending on the source.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:
mayanfootball wrote:

0 people had Dobbs graded higher than Mahommes. I mean seriously you don't like the pick we all know you are super negative on the Chiefs unless they draft a player you wanted them to draft. Way to much over reaction.
Dobbs is getting an Aerospacce Engineer degree (or such), so he's got the smarts. He can run for TD's (20) and pass for TD's (30). Both Dobbs and Mahomes need lots of work. But I like the idea of Reid being able to turn the "economy model" (Dobbs) into a Cadillac.
Face it, Mahomes being a Franchise QB is sheer speculation at this point.
If Reid can't pull this off, the Chiefs just lost ground and valuable currency in the AFC West.
chiefs82

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
valkrei wrote:
mayanfootball wrote:

Dobbs is getting an Aerospacce Engineer degree (or such), so he's got the smarts. He can run for TD's (20) and pass for TD's (30). Both Dobbs and Mahomes need lots of work. But I like the idea of Reid being able to turn the "economy model" (Dobbs) into a Cadillac.
If Reid can't pull this off, the Chiefs just lost ground and valuable currency in the AFC West.

Anyone being considered a Franchise QB is speculation in general.

Look could 2PM bust? Absolutely. Will he? I personally don't think So. Kid has a fantastic work ethic.

Look, he and Watson landed in the best scenarios possible because both teams are well built all around. Mahomes' advantage is that he has time to learn and not rushed to play right away; and also he has an established pro-bowl QB in Alex.

If, and it is a huge if, but if Mahomes develops like his ceiling suggests..hes our Derek Carr, our Rodgers, our Stafford, etc...

Hate the pick, the trade up, the player all you want...applaud Dorsey for being ballsy enough to pull the trigger and grab the guy they wanted no matter what the cost because in reality, in today's NFL, NO price is too high for a potential Franchise QB.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
rjboxer

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Dorsey and Reid liked him enough to trade up 17 spots for him, then I believe he has a high probability of becoming a great NFL Quarterback.
I watched 4 Texas Tech games last year and couldn't help but wish that the Chiefs would draft Mahomes. Fantastic arm strength and accuracy, and he's reasonably mobile as well. We'll be looking back on this pick as a real gem someday.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To trade up 17 picks he only needs a 40% chance of becoming a solid NFL starter. For 50% of great you would give up a LOT more.

J

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good read ... Seth is crazy doing this stuff:

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/5/8/15550956/arguing-with-patrick-mahomes-doubters

Casa Estrellita - my retirement home
ColeTrain

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
valkrei wrote:
mayanfootball wrote:

Lol. Dobbs is not nearly as good as Mahomes, even in college ball. Watch the tape. And, if you're so worried about turning the "economy mode" into a Cadillac, why not turn 2PM into something great, too? Also, you're giving Dobbs way too much credit and not giving 2PM enough. 2PM can pass (41 TDs) and run (12 TDs). 2PM was graded higher by every analyst. Dobbs being a franchise QB is more of speculation. We've waited to draft QBs late over the past years, and it hasn't worked out, has it? Aaron Murray, Ricky Stanzi, Kevin Hogan, etc. None of those talents are comparable to the ceiling 2PM has. The coaching situation, if 2PM is to succeed, is perfect. Why not go for it? We didn't have any needs that were particularly more pressing that couldn't be taken later, so why not break the norm for the past several years and get the best QB option available.

And, if Reid DOES pull this off, the Chiefs will be incredibl
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Dobbs. I thought he was the 3rd best in this class. Mahomes was not one of the guys in front of him, but that was because he was sloppy as hell.

J

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: