Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Using hindsight, "fix" your team's draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 13427
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Colts I stick with a lot of players but wish we would have drafted a wide receiver instead of another cornerback as we did at 158.
_________________
I bought one of those tapes to teach you Spanish in your sleep. During the night, the tape skipped. Now I can only stutter in Spanish.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Crickett


Joined: 27 Nov 2004
Posts: 4885
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
For the Colts I stick with a lot of players but wish we would have drafted a wide receiver instead of another cornerback as we did at 158.


Might sound silly, but I don't think the Colts would have signed Kamar Aiken if they intended to draft a WR.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 23560
Location: PGH
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Mixon over Cook but both will be good so I don't have much to change.

Don't care at all for Rodney Adams. That was a flat out bad pick.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DalCowboyzRule


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 23395
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) keep Taco Charlton
2) keep Chidobe Awuzie
3) keep Jourdan Lewis
4) keep Ryan Switzer
6) keep Xavier Woods
6) don't take Marquez White > instead take OLB Elijah Lee
7) keep Joey Ivie
7) keep Noah Brown
7) don't take Jordan Carrell > instead take RB Corey Clement
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 11389
Location: BACK 2 BACK!!, PA
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers:

1. - CB Kevin King
2. - OLB Jordan Willis
3. - CB Cordrea Tankersley
3. - OLB Carl Lawson
4. - TE Jake Butt
5. - RB James Conner
6. - CB Brian Allen
7. - OLB Keion Adams
_________________


Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
edmund_jags


Joined: 21 Apr 2017
Posts: 97
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crickett wrote:
tom cody wrote:
For the Colts I stick with a lot of players but wish we would have drafted a wide receiver instead of another cornerback as we did at 158.


Might sound silly, but I don't think the Colts would have signed Kamar Aiken if they intended to draft a WR.


I don't think they should have signed him at all honestly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
edmund_jags


Joined: 21 Apr 2017
Posts: 97
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Crickett wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
Crickett wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
RD1. TJ Watt switched to Ryan Anderson.
RD2. JuJu Smith-Schuster switched to Carl Lawson.


Why both?


Harrison will probably be done after this season. It's best to have a platoon of pas rushers with different strengths. If one gets hurt, insert the more than capable backup.


Depth pick in the second round? Question


Iron sharpens iron. Two dogs one bone. Coach Tomlin normally drafts two guys at the same position fight for a hat on game day. The Broncos had Ware and Miller yet still drafted an OLB in the 1st round. Then later they signed Shaq Barrett as an UFA beating out the Steelers. Keep them fresh and continue attacking the offenses.


This is basically exactly what the Ravens did.

They have Suggs. They drafted Judon last year who has looked solid in his limited time. They still have Z Smith. Then they picked Bowser and Williams in back to back rounds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Remixxxxxxx


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 14443
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles

1. Derek Barnett - keep
2. Sidney Jones - change to Quincy Wilson
3. Rasul Dogulas - keep
4. Mack Hollins - change to Howard Wilson
4. Donnel Pumphrey - change to Marlon Mack
5. Shelton Gibson - keep
6. Nathan Gerry - change to Robert Davis
7. Elijah Qualls - change to Elijah Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crickett


Joined: 27 Nov 2004
Posts: 4885
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Eagles

1. Derek Barnett - keep
2. Sidney Jones - change to Quincy Wilson
3. Rasul Dogulas - keep
4. Mack Hollins - change to Howard Wilson
4. Donnel Pumphrey - change to Marlon Mack
5. Shelton Gibson - keep
6. Nathan Gerry - change to Robert Davis
7. Elijah Qualls - change to Elijah Lee


I realize Lee would have been a steal and linebacker has been an issue for the Eagles, but I very much disagree with that. I think Qualls was very good value in the seventh round as well on a team that having lost Bennie Logan to free agency and Beau Allen with a torn pectoral muscle, needed defensive tackle help. They may have traded for Timmy Jernigan, but he as well as the beforementioned Beau Allen are on one year deals. They needed the help imo.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 69128
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Crickett wrote:
TVScout wrote:
I would have picked Trey Hendrickson instead of Jourdan Lewis.


Even after drafting Taco in the first round?


armsteeld wrote:
RD1. TJ Watt switched to Ryan Anderson.
RD2. JuJu Smith-Schuster switched to Carl Lawson.


Why both?


Harrison will probably be done after this season. It's best to have a platoon of pas rushers with different strengths. If one gets hurt, insert the more than capable backup.


Frankly, it's your choice in rushers that is quite questionable (well, both decisions are question, but the choices are more questionable in my mind). Anderson doesn't have much pass rush potential at the NFL level (far less than Watt,e specially), and Lawson isn't a good fit in the 3-4. He's a tight-hipped linear athlete. He's a 4-3 base end. It will allow him to use his power better, maximize his strengths (run stopping), and allow him to burst out of his stance (he doesn't have the same explosion when his hand is out of the dirt).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
game3525


Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Posts: 11036
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only pick I would change for the Chargers is their first round pick. Instead of Williams, I would have taking Lattimore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 21750
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Frankly, it's your choice in rushers that is quite questionable (well, both decisions are question, but the choices are more questionable in my mind). Anderson doesn't have much pass rush potential at the NFL level (far less than Watt,e specially), and Lawson isn't a good fit in the 3-4. He's a tight-hipped linear athlete. He's a 4-3 base end. It will allow him to use his power better, maximize his strengths (run stopping), and allow him to burst out of his stance (he doesn't have the same explosion when his hand is out of the dirt).


Tell that to our genius coaching staff that's trying to get Lawson to play SAM as well as DE...Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crickett


Joined: 27 Nov 2004
Posts: 4885
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Frankly, it's your choice in rushers that is quite questionable (well, both decisions are question, but the choices are more questionable in my mind). Anderson doesn't have much pass rush potential at the NFL level (far less than Watt,e specially), and Lawson isn't a good fit in the 3-4. He's a tight-hipped linear athlete. He's a 4-3 base end. It will allow him to use his power better, maximize his strengths (run stopping), and allow him to burst out of his stance (he doesn't have the same explosion when his hand is out of the dirt).


Tell that to our genius coaching staff that's trying to get Lawson to play SAM as well as DE...Laughing


Well he's shorter than 6'6, so clearly he's not suited to play defensive end for the Bengals. Razz
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16526
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

howru8888 wrote:
BEARS

- I don't trade up and grab Jamal Adams at 3
- Don't trade back and take Sidney Jones
- Since we didnt trade for Trubisky we still have #67 and take Tim Williams


We call this the Lovie Smith throw back plan.

8-8 for a decade here we come.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 69128
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Frankly, it's your choice in rushers that is quite questionable (well, both decisions are question, but the choices are more questionable in my mind). Anderson doesn't have much pass rush potential at the NFL level (far less than Watt,e specially), and Lawson isn't a good fit in the 3-4. He's a tight-hipped linear athlete. He's a 4-3 base end. It will allow him to use his power better, maximize his strengths (run stopping), and allow him to burst out of his stance (he doesn't have the same explosion when his hand is out of the dirt).


Tell that to our genius coaching staff that's trying to get Lawson to play SAM as well as DE...Laughing


That will be a disaster if he ever is asked to cover anyone.

WindyCity wrote:
howru8888 wrote:
BEARS

- I don't trade up and grab Jamal Adams at 3
- Don't trade back and take Sidney Jones
- Since we didnt trade for Trubisky we still have #67 and take Tim Williams


We call this the Lovie Smith throw back plan.

8-8 for a decade here we come.


So he should just go all in on a QB just cause?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group