Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2018 Draft: Top 220+
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam Hubbard?

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Ozzy

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top5Fitz wrote:
Where do you have Auden Tate (my WR1), Equanimeous St. Brown, Riley Ferguson and Martinas Rankin?
Riley Ferguson I have a few QBs down from most of these guys. Talented player but has to prove it again this year after having a very solid season last year. Be interesting how he does, do wish he faced better competition however at times. Had that great game against Ole Miss but that defense was a freaking joke anyways last year.

I have only a few junior WRs coming out based on what they have shown, a lot others could but need to prove a lot more. Tate I question his speed big time, need to see a lot more out of him and he has to be a major weapon this year, will see. If he cannot put up huge numbers with the QB he has now there is something wrong. And St. Brown I like as well but not sure how good he will be with an inexperienced QB. Nice size and speed but a few other junior WRs are the same mold, Jaylen Smith, Nick Westbrook and Jauan Jennings. Just a matter of who shows out.

Rankin I admit I have to see more, physically he is impressive but on the field I think he needs to dominate more. Justin Senior his teammate I thought last year was just kind of there, physically strong and talented in that regard but his play was not wow. Rankin has more ability but still has to take it to the next level.

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:33 am Post subject:
Sam Hubbard?
True, could and probably should be on this list I just thought he had a sub par year last season. Tons of talent and ability but need to see more toughness and power with him as well as production. Not sure he is a good enough athlete to be a 3/4 OLB or strong enough to hold the edge, will see how he does. Lewis out played him and Holmes last year big time. Hubbard has to get more physical and strong at the point of attack I think.
Ozzy

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few juniors that I currently do not have leaving early for the draft who could with fine seasons. If they indeed take that next step this year, could also be early entry candidates for the 2018 Draft.

*James Daniels Iowa C JR:
I think he is an outstanding player, very good solid center that could arguably come out early this year if he plays up to his potential. Great blocking down field for a center in a few games and getting to the second level. Overall is a solid athlete that is strong and has a good solid base, nice looking prospect potentially.

*Ryan Nall Oregon State RB JR:
Had an outstanding year last season, really showed up in a lot of games, displaying a surprising amount of speed for a back his size. I like how he catches the ball out of the backfield as well. If he continues on last years pace again this season he will sure declare early for the draft, will see if he can keep it up.

*Juwan Johnson Penn State WR RS SOPH:
Has a chance to really blow up this year, is just a massive kid very strong at WR. If he turns that athletic ability into production would not be surprised if he came out early. Has a ton of potential that is for sure, kid is just huge physically.

*Zach Wallace Wyoming OT JR:
Awesome pass protector at tackle, very athletic on his feet and can move. Nice technique as well, if he gets a little stronger overall could be a candidate to come out early.

*Ryan Izzo Florida State TE JR:
As a pass catcher he has a ton of potential and with a great year could easily come out early for the draft. Very good hands, nice route runner as well, if he displays a little more down field playmaking and improves on his overall athletic ability he is a very sound prospect.

*Byron Pringle Kansas State WR JR:
Big time playmaker that really stood out last year I thought. Great open field speed and can get great separation, really impressive big play potential despite not having outstanding QB play. Should be even better this year and could be a early entry candidate possibly.

*Jon Dietzen Wisconsin OG RS SOPH:
Tough physical blocker, got a lot of nice push last year and should be even better this season. Very solid in the run game, needs some work in pass protection but is a solid overall prospect with good upside.

*Johnny Dwight Alabama DE RS SOPH:
Physically the kid is a very interesting athlete as a potential a 3/4 DE. Has yet to do anything really in the season but this year should be his chance. Nice lower body power and can get under the offensive tackle and control him with his athletic ability. Will see if he can live up to his potential and show more this year.

*Rashaan Gaulden Tennessee CB JR:
Nice smooth athlete, long corner that is wiry. Needs to improve on his tackling and toughness but in coverage is very smooth and has fine ball skills.

*Geron Christian Louisville OT JR:
Really thick kid with a big strong base, kind of tailed off at the end of this season but has a lot of potential I feel as a tackle or guard. Gets a nice push and can handle himself in pass protection, with a good season would not be surprised to see him come out early.

*Deebo Samuel South Carolina WR JR:
Made a really jump from his FR to SOPH year, now will see if he can take that next step as a junior. Tough WR that has very good hands, needs to show some more down the field speed I think but has nice potential as a physical WR who can make contested catches.

*TJ Rahming Duke WR JR:
Very good open field speed and is very hard to handle in the open field. Can make you miss and get by defenders very quickly. Really like his upside, very similar to past Duke product Crowder at WR. Has a lot of ability and should have a great year.

*Isaiah Saunders Idaho RB JR:
Love how low to the ground he is built, really powerful back that can really drive with his legs. Very thick and strong lower body, if he improves his conditioning he could become a solid NFL prospect.

*Devine Ozigbo Nebraska RB JR:
Another very powerful back with really strong legs. Thick kid and it he can stay healthy should put up some good numbers this season. Nice feet and upside I feel considering his physical ability, could have a really good year for them.

*Chris Warren Texas RB JR:
Will be very interesting how he does, big back and should get a lot more touches. Coming off injury and is the son of fine NFL running back Chris Warren. Is a really good athlete as well, see if he can put up numbers close to Foreman's behind a good offensive line.

*Will Grier West Virginia QB RS SOPH:
Showed a lot of upside and potential on Florida, good poise and leadership for a young quarterback. Has a little bit of an odd ball placement before he releases but overall seemed to be a solid prospect. Is arguably one of the best QBs at West Virginia now in a very long time, in that offense should be really successful.

*Jerrod Heard Texas WR RS JR:
Made the switch to WR last year and I expect more out of him this year with time to practice the position. Is a big time athlete and showed that as a freshman, really good open field speed and quicks. Expect him to have a much improve season this year for the Longhorns.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzy wrote:
*James Daniels Iowa C JR:
I think he is an outstanding player, very good solid center that could arguably come out early this year if he plays up to his potential. Great blocking down field for a center in a few games and getting to the second level. Overall is a solid athlete that is strong and has a good solid base, nice looking prospect potentially.

*Ryan Nall Oregon State RB JR:
Had an outstanding year last season, really showed up in a lot of games, displaying a surprising amount of speed for a back his size. I like how he catches the ball out of the backfield as well. If he continues on last years pace again this season he will sure declare early for the draft, will see if he can keep it up.

*Deebo Samuel South Carolina WR JR:
Made a really jump from his FR to SOPH year, now will see if he can take that next step as a junior. Tough WR that has very good hands, needs to show some more down the field speed I think but has nice potential as a physical WR who can make contested catches.

*TJ Rahming Duke WR JR:
Very good open field speed and is very hard to handle in the open field. Can make you miss and get by defenders very quickly. Really like his upside, very similar to past Duke product Crowder at WR. Has a lot of ability and should have a great year.
Really like these guys. Daniels has always impressed when I've watched Iowa (the BYU center looks good too, though the NFL won't like how short he is). Nall is fun to watch. Good size, good speed, pretty quick, and he can catch. Samuel is a very talented player who will likely keep getting better, probably the most likely of this group to declare early. I really liked Rahming as a recruit, he was one of the more advanced WR's in his class. He hasn't had any issues producing in college, he has the potential to be a TY Hilton like player.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Counselor

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where were you during this past draft? Feel like Calhoun dominated the thread during that time.

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Breida was a 2017 prospect and is on the 49ers.
Ozzy

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Really like these guys. Daniels has always impressed when I've watched Iowa (the BYU center looks good too, though the NFL won't like how short he is). Nall is fun to watch. Good size, good speed, pretty quick, and he can catch. Samuel is a very talented player who will likely keep getting better, probably the most likely of this group to declare early. I really liked Rahming as a recruit, he was one of the more advanced WR's in his class. He hasn't had any issues producing in college, he has the potential to be a TY Hilton like player.
Yeah Daniels played really good against Michigan I thought, a team with what six NFL DLs on the team. Really impressed with his play at times and much improved since his freshman year and a lot stronger. Doubt he comes out early being a OL on Iowa but will see. The senior class has some interesting centers in Bozeman, Ragnow and Cole but will see how they play.

Rahming again I think is a lot like Jamison Crowder, physically they are extremely similar. Now just Rahming has to be more productive like Crowder was and show off that speed more and get in the end zone. Should do better this year though, Jones is a talented QB and should be much improved this year.

Nall did really impress, last year it was like who the heck is this guy. Oregon State does not have some great OL of late and he was putting up big numbers as a big back. See how he does when everyone game plans completely to stop him.

Deebo I agree might be the most likely to come out early, I still think he has to show some speed and ability to get separation. Love how he fights, has awesome hands and can make contested catches in traffic. Is very quick and can make you miss or run you over, which is impressive at his size. But he has to make contested catches because he gets very little separation. Great hands though and can make highlight catches look easy.
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little surprised that you have Rosen so low and no mention of Dorance Armstrong DE/OLB, Kansas, Denzel Ward CB, Ohio St. Mitch Hyatt OT, Clemson, Quenton Nelson OG, Notre Dame, Sam Hibbard DE/OLB Ohio St., Dalton Schultz TE, Stanford, Braden Smith OG/OT, Auburn, Martinas Rankin OT, Mississippi St. and Toby Weathersby OT, LSU and Jonathan Ledbetter, DE/OLB, Georgia.

I realize you may not have a lot of these guys declaring and hence left them completely off your list, because if they declare they will all be high picks, IMO.

I also think Mason Cole OC, Michigan is one of the top interior OLmen in the draft, a potential 1st round talent and you have him going in round 5 ???

Hard to believe no Ohio St. players will go high in the draft and no Stanford players.

I can see Rosen having a real breakout season and even going #1 overall should it happen. Too much talent to slip to round 3.

I will say that attempting a 7 round draft this early in the process is a huge undertaking, but I seriously doubt it stands the test of time.
Ozzy

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iamcanadian wrote:
Little surprised that you have Rosen so low and no mention of Dorance Armstrong DE/OLB, Kansas, Denzel Ward CB, Ohio St. Mitch Hyatt OT, Clemson, Quenton Nelson OG, Notre Dame, Sam Hibbard DE/OLB Ohio St., Dalton Schultz TE, Stanford, Braden Smith OG/OT, Auburn, Martinas Rankin OT, Mississippi St. and Toby Weathersby OT, LSU and Jonathan Ledbetter, DE/OLB, Georgia.

I realize you may not have a lot of these guys declaring and hence left them completely off your list, because if they declare they will all be high picks, IMO.

I also think Mason Cole OC, Michigan is one of the top interior OLmen in the draft, a potential 1st round talent and you have him going in round 5 ???

Hard to believe no Ohio St. players will go high in the draft and no Stanford players.

I can see Rosen having a real breakout season and even going #1 overall should it happen. Too much talent to slip to round 3.

I will say that attempting a 7 round draft this early in the process is a huge undertaking, but I seriously doubt it stands the test of time.
Jonathan Ledbetter has to really improve a lot I think, no clue how he is a better prospect than Carter or Bellamy on his own team. Ledbetter been arrested a few times already and has not done much on the field at all. Toby Weathersby I having coming back for another season, I agree is a prospect and a good one but needs to improve a lot, was not super impressed with his play last year but has potential to maybe be a good tackle. Carries his weight well and is a wide body but needs to show off some more power.

I already said to you I believe you have Schultz way too high, he is a ok player but to say he is a 1st round pick might be a little stretch. He needs to really blow up this year production wise to make that happen. Sam Hubbard I feel needs to get a long stronger and or a lot more athletic and be able to show potential as a OLB. On the DE I think he needs to hold the point of attack better and be stronger, but yes he is a good prospect just not sure how he will do this year. Could really breakout or might not.

Hyatt is a good prospect, some have him pretty high but I feel a few other OTs might have more potential than he does. Good prospect and worth a look for sure though. Ward I need to see more of, but again I feel Sheffield might out play him at corner on Ohio State this year. Nelson also I need to see more of, solid guard just not sure how great he is at the moment. Armstrong I have not seen so cannot really comment, will try to catch him this season.

Braden Smith is soild but never was super impressed with him last year, will see how he does this year, I liked his teammate James better in some games. And Rankin, again not super impressed with his play and never really stood out a great deal last year much like his teammate Senior. Good athlete but will see how he develops this year.

Rosen I am not a fan of, puts up good numbers but do not like his body language, do not think he has a great arm and needs to improve a lot. Has potential but others I feel have much more, at least what they showed last year.

Mason Cole I think you overrate him, I liked him at center, is a solid player but I liked him a lot more as a tackle in terms of potential. Was not super impressed with his play at center, maybe I underrate him but to call him a 1st round pick, not sure on that yet. He got beat a lot I feel in pass protection, did not have a super smooth transition I thought. Will see how he does this year after getting his feet wet. Could argue Daniels on Iowa at center is a more interesting prospect arguably and is more athletic. Would like to see Cole show some more athletic ability at center especially as a former tackle, also be stronger at the point of attack.

In terms of Ohio State and Stanford, I do not have players go high just based on the school they go to. To say all these great Ohio State and Stanford players, sure could argue Hubbard for Ohio State or maybe Lewis or Holmes, also some of their linebackers maybe. But at the time I do not see those guys as 1st round talents, but a lot of that could change. And Stanford, maybe they will have a guy emerge but based off last year they lost a ton of talent. Also for sure Stanford probably does not have another Solomon Thomas or McCaffrey just sitting in the wings that will be just as good or better than they were last year. Quentin Meeks is a talented player but needs to show more growth I feel. Outside of that Stanford has not many really highly ranked players coming into next year, but that could change of course. Peter Kalambayi is probably their most interesting prospect and has 2nd round potential with a big year I feel.

And yes of course like you said a ton will change, and the list standing the test of time does not matter. It is a preliminary list that will greatly change as the season goes on. Players will be added, others removed and or rise and fall. A lot of it is personal projection and these are the guys that stood out to me last year, some might have terrible years though and others might really improve. So ever changing rankings is nothing new especially when the season starts and players start to show up and perform. Also, of course there are no compensatory picks included so is not really all 7 rounds of a draft, I just divided it that way because better than having 1 through 224 all in a row.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: