Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Depth chart predictions to start the season 53
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LFOX21

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Depth chart predictions to start the season 53 Reply with quote

QB) Cousins, McCoy, Sudfeld
RB) Kelly, Perine, Thompson
TE) Reed, Davis, Sprinkle
WR1) Pryor, Quick,
WR2) Doctson, Davis
Slot WR) Crowder, Grant
LT) Williams, Nyske
LG) Lauvao, Koudjio
C) Long, Rollier
RG) Schereff, Kyle Kallis UDFA
RT) Moses, Painter

LDE) Allen, Lanier,
NT) Hood, Taylor
RDE) McGee, McLain
LOLB) Kerrigan, Murphy suspended
LILB) Brown, Compton,
RILB) Foster, Carter
ROLB) Anderson, Smith, Gallete
LCB) Breeland, Moreau,
RCB) Norman, Fuller, Dunbar
FS) Swearinger, Hall
SS) Cravens, Nicholson, Harvey-Clemons

K) Hopkins
P) Way
LS) Sundberg

CUTS
Paul
Blackmon
Wolf
Evans
Everett
Trail
Virgil
Bates
Carrier
Jones
Forrt

NOTABLE PS

Phillips
Marshall
Brown
Harris
Mbu
Francis
Holley
Pipkins
K. Thompson
Catalina

This is just to start the season. We have a share of carries in the backfield with Thompson still our 3rd down back and I believe perine takes over towards the end of the season as our top back

Have a feeling that the NT position will have Taylor if healthy, with McLain ending up being our nose but we start with Hood at the nose as of now, I want McGee to stay at End.

We keep Gallete for situational pass rushes, Anderson starts due to murphys suspension, can't have enough good pass rushers!

Thoughts and opinions? Who you guys got?!
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job. I would only make a few changes.

I think Nicholson is a PS player. I don't think he beats out Blacmon or Everett.
They have the Harvey-Clemons kid listed as a LB. I'm not sure he even makes the PS.
I'm not sure they will carry that many Olinemen. Arie can play both guard spots, and Ty can play both tackle spots. If they got into a serious pinch, Roullier and Long have played both center and guard in the past.
I'm on the fence about Quick making this team. He has been seriously underwhelming during his career and I really like Maurice Harris.
I think Ioannidis would make the team over Hood. Younger with similar production.
I think if Phil Taylor can stay healthy he will make the team...this a big if! I imagine Taylor will be injured sometime in camp and Francis will make the team as our NT
I think Spaight will make the team. Carter is nothing more than a ST player. We can carry 5 ILBs because IMO we will carry less Olinemen.
I think Preston a smith is going to have to play with way more effort and passion if he wants to make the team. Gruden seemed to be way down on his effort last year. With Murphy trending up and Smith trending down, they may choose to cut him loose if he has a bad camp!

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Great job. I would only make a few changes.

I think Nicholson is a PS player. I don't think he beats out Blacmon or Everett.
They have the Harvey-Clemons kid listed as a LB. I'm not sure he even makes the PS.

I'm not sure they will carry that many Olinemen. Arie can play both guard spots, and Ty can play both tackle spots. If they got into a serious pinch, Roullier and Long have played both center and guard in the past.
I'm on the fence about Quick making this team. He has been seriously underwhelming during his career and I really like Maurice Harris.
I think Ioannidis would make the team over Hood. Younger with similar production.

I think if Phil Taylor can stay healthy he will make the team...this a big if! I imagine Taylor will be injured sometime in camp and Francis will make the team as our NT.

I think Spaight will make the team. Carter is nothing more than a ST player. We can carry 5 ILBs because IMO we will carry less O linemen.

I think Preston a Smith is going to have to play with way more effort and passion if he wants to make the team. Gruden seemed to be way down on his effort last year. With Murphy trending up and Smith trending down, they may choose to cut him loose if he has a bad camp!
I agree except on Nicholson, Hood and with the possibility that Gruden will decide to cut Smith is he plays similar to how he played last year. Smith is only going into his 3rd year, like with my argument for keeping Murphy last year, you never want to cut a young player who has talent enough to eventually be a serviceable or better starter too soon.

I think they keep 7 DL - if Taylor is healthy - and they keep 5 OLBs, but only 4 ILBs this year.

Here's my early crack at it:

OFFENSE:

Qb: Cousins, McCoy, Sudfeld
RB: Perine, Thompson, Kelley

LWR: Pryor, Harris
RWR: Doctson, Quick
Slot: Crowder, Grant

TE: Reed, Davis, Carrier, Paul

LT: Williams, Nsekhe
LG: Lauvao, Kouandijo
C: Long, Roullier
RG: Scherff
RT: Moses, Painter

Total = 25

DEFENSE:

RDE: Allen, Lanier
NT: McGee, Taylor, Ioannidis
LDE: McClain, Hood

SROLB: Galette, Smith
MIKE: Foster, Compton
WILB: Brown, Spaight
WLOLB: Kerrigan, Anderson

RCB: Breeland, Fuller
LCB: Norman, Dunbar
SLOT: Hall
SS: Cravens, Nicholson
FS: Swearinger, Blackmon, Everett

Total = 25

SPECIAL TEAMS:

K: Hopkins
P: Way
LS: Sudberg
KR: Thompson
PR: Crowder

Murphy DE/SOLB - suspended first four games.

When he returns we will have to cut an OL, DL, secondary player or even a TE or WR to make room for him. My best guess is that Murphy doesn't get used the way he did last year as mostly a 4-3 DE with his hand in the dirt who occasionally played 3-4 OLB on 1st downs and short yardage. I think if, IF, Galette is healthy, that the combination of Galette, Anderson and Smith will take most of that playing time as an edge rusher away from Murphy. I think he will go back to being a 3rd down interior pass rusher in our nickle/dime defense like he was used as a rookie and how we planed to use him last year before Galette got hurt. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Tomsula thinks like I do and McCloughan did, that Murphy's game is closer to a pass rushing 3-4 DE/5-tech like a Justin Smith type player or today's Joey Bosa type player than a true 3-4 OLB. I think Tomsula will want to use Murphy more in nickle packages this year as an interior pass rusher from the 5-technique like Haz used him as a rookie and how Barry & Manusky wanted to use him last year before the Galette injury.

Fabian Moreau - I think he will start the season off on the PUP. I think there are several factors that will determine when and if he gets activated all year:

1. Is he healthy enough to play after just 6 weeks on PUP?

2. How well are the other corners - besides Norman - playing?

3. Can Hall bounce back and be a solid DB for us again? Can he be moved back to corner and play the slot this year since none of other corners could last year?

After coming off 3 years where Hall battled an Achilles tear, a toe injury and then an ACL tear, it remains to be see how much Hall can give us. He clearly won't be the same player he was in 2013 and before because of all of the injuries, but if he can play how he did at the end of 2015 for us again, we may have something with his as far as a mentor to the young guys, and a guy who we can move around and play all of the DB positions in the way that Charles Woodson did the final 5 years of his career or so.

PRACTICE SQUAD:

Jeremy Sprinkle, TE
Josh Harvey-Clemons, ILB/S
Joshua Hosely, CB
Kyle Kalis, OL
Isaiah Williams, OL
Kendal Thompson, WR
Fish Smithston, FS
Nick Marshall, RB
Robert Davis, WR
Ondre Pipkins, NT

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Fri May 12, 2017 7:17 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LFOX21

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turtle you have us going in with 4 TEs? I was thinking 3 with sprinkle beating out carrier and Paul

Also I think our rookie 6th rd pick Davis will be a huge sleeper for us, kid can play and not only can he run and catch but he can run block. I have him making the 53. I could see grant, quick, or Harris being cut but....

Pryor/Doctson/Crowder/Quick/Davis/Harris in that order if we keep 6
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LFOX21 wrote:
Turtle you have us going in with 4 TEs? I was thinking 3 with sprinkle beating out carrier and Paul

Also I think our rookie 6th rd pick Davis will be a huge sleeper for us, kid can play and not only can he run and catch but he can run block. I have him making the 53. I could see grant, quick, or Harris being cut but....

Pryor/Doctson/Crowder/Quick/Davis/Harris in that order if we keep 6
Crap, I forgot about Robert Davis, I'll add him to the practice squad. Cooley said that while Davis is a great athlete and really is impressive in that way, he's not a natural hand catcher and he has a lot of work to do on route running. Cooley said he doesn’t have the quickest feet, struggles to get separation on short and intermediate routes. He needs to be crisper in his routes and show better footwork at the line of scrimmage. He can struggle with press coverage and be forced to the sideline too often. He is slow off the line of scrimmage and doesn’t separate until his long speed kicks in on routes. Cooley said that when he runs routes on the sideline he doesn't give the qb a big enough target area to work with. He gets too close to the sideline, instead of staying at the numbers and giving the qb those 5 yards or so to throw him open. As a prospect Davis reminds me of a young Pierre Garçon when he came out of Mount Union, it took Garçon a year until he developed into a starter and I think the same will happen here, it's going to take some work until Davis is going to be ready to be a contributor on offense, but eventually I expect him to be a good player for us.

I could see him and Sprinkle being put on the practice squad mainly because we have established veterans in their positions and some other young players also who have shown they can play in their young careers.

We would have had 4 TEs last year if Carrier wasn't hurt. Paul will basically just be a special teams player. He wouldn't hardly play on offense but if he's going to be one of our top special teams guys again, that may mean he makes the team over Sprinkle.

Cooley described Sprinkle as a guy who does everything ok but nothing great, including blocking. He's not a great blocker like I had originally thought. He's not really athletic, he's not really fast. Cooley described him as an oaf. Like that kid in 6th grade who's grown really fast and he just looks really funny in his body, and he's big and you think he's athletic and should be the best in sports but he's not.

I guess like a lesser version of what Logan Paulsen has developed into. I hope Sprinkle in time can be a good back up TE for us but I'm just not sure year one that he's ahead of Carrier or Paul. They may keep Sprinkle over Carrier, Paul or both because we drafted him in round 5, but I'd have to think the best players are kept and I have a feeling they will both be better, especially on special teams because both Carrier and Paul are athletic fast tight ends who used to be receivers.

Last edited by turtle28 on Sat May 06, 2017 8:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Niles Paul is healthy than he's our best special teamer. You can't just cut him.
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look about as expected.
Only difference is I dont think both Kelly and Perine are out there with both being the same.
Keith Marshall is 100% finally. I think after the rust of not playing but so little in the past couple years gets knocked off. That he offers the perfect change of pace that cant be denied from a roster spot.

Pound on them early with the slowest RB in the league in Perine. Then switch and put in the fastest in the league.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
daskins

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Only difference is I dont think both Kelly and Perine are out there with both being the same.
Keith Marshall is 100% finally. I think after the rust of not playing but so little in the past couple years gets knocked off. That he offers the perfect change of pace that cant be denied from a roster spot.

Pound on them early with the slowest RB in the league in Perine. Then switch and put in the fastest in the league.

Great point - what's up with Marshall? He is good to go? Seems like he might be our best option on that roster if he is like his freshman year.
LFOX21

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so your saying that if keith marshall is healthy that kelly doesnt make the team? or that we keep 4 RBs?

I dont think we can cut a guy that was our best runningback last season who is dependable to only keep 3 RBs, 1 being a rookie 4th round pick. 2 being a guy who is always hurt and basically just used on 3rd downs, and 3 a 7th round pick from last year who also has inury problems and is incosistent

if we kept 4 i would say marshall has a shot but right now i see

kelly/perine/thompson

I think perine takes over as our lead back though
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:

Marshall is just a bigger version of Thompson who can't catch as well. Marshall would really have to outplay Kelley to beat him out, I just don't see it this year, unless we keep 4 RBs but I don't see that because the TEs, WRs and DBs are better special teams players.

turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LFOX21 wrote:
so your saying that if keith marshall is healthy that kelly doesnt make the team? or that we keep 4 RBs?

I dont think we can cut a guy that was our best runningback last season who is dependable to only keep 3 RBs, 1 being a rookie 4th round pick. 2 being a guy who is always hurt and basically just used on 3rd downs, and 3 a 7th round pick from last year who also has inury problems and is incosistent

kelly/perine/thompson

Totally agree, to me, Marshall is a practice squad player.

If anyone makes it over Kelley, it'll be Matt Jones or Mack Brown because they are about the same size as Kelley and have more speed than him, but I expect Kelley to make it over them.

PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
LFOX21 wrote:

kelly/perine/thompson

If anyone makes it over Kelley, it'll be Matt Jones or Mack Brown because they are about the same size as Kelley and have more speed than him, but I expect Kelley to make it over them.

Marshall is about the same as Kelly. Hes bigger than Mack Brown at 220lbs. Brown is 216. Jones and Kelly both 227.
With Marshall having by far the most speed out of our RBs.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Depth chart predictions to start the season 53 Reply with quote

LFOX21 wrote:
QB) Cousins, McCoy, Sudfeld
RB) Kelly, Perine, Thompson
This is probably accurate, although I think its possible we carry 4 RBs, mostly likely 4th being Keith Marshall.

LFOX21 wrote:
TE) Reed, Davis, Sprinkle
WR1) Pryor, Quick,
WR2) Doctson, Davis
Slot WR) Crowder, Grant
I think carrying 4 TEs is very likely, especially since we don't have a FB on the roster. Niles Paul will probably stick around, he's like a weed. Also I don't think Quick makes the roster. My best guess at WR is Pryor, Doctson, Jamison, Grant, Harris, Davis.

LFOX21 wrote:
LT) Williams, Nyske
LG) Lauvao, Koudjio
C) Long, Rollier
RG) Schereff, Kyle Kallis UDFA
RT) Moses, Painter
I doubt we carry 10 Olineman. I've never heard of that UDFA, so drop him. Rollier and Kouandjio can both backup RG. Not sure if Painter makes the roster either.

LFOX21 wrote:
LDE) Allen, Lanier,
NT) Hood, Taylor
RDE) McGee, McLain
I don't think Phil Taylor makes the roster. I think Ioaniddis gets another shot.

LFOX21 wrote:
LOLB) Kerrigan, Murphy suspended
LILB) Brown, Compton,
RILB) Foster, Carter
ROLB) Anderson, Smith, Gallete
At OLB, I'm predicting Galette won't make the roster. That's probably not a popular opinion but the guy hasn't played football in two years. I think Houston Bates makes it over him. I don't know who Carter is, I think Spaight makes the team.

LFOX21 wrote:
LCB) Breeland, Moreau,
RCB) Norman, Fuller, Dunbar
FS) Swearinger, Hall
SS) Cravens, Nicholson, Harvey-Clemons
Moreau might be on PUP to start the season. Unfortunately I see Phillips starting the year on the roster. or maybe Blackmon. I agree on your safeties.

LFOX21 wrote:
K) Hopkins
P) Way
LS) Sundberg
Agreed.

LFOX21 wrote:
CUTS
Paul
Blackmon
Wolf
Evans
Everett
Trail
Virgil
Bates
Carrier
Jones
Forrt
I think of this group Blackmon has the best shot of making the roster.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
mar29020

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think everyone is sleeping on crowder moving outside to the 2 role. i know hes good in the slot but he can always move inside on 3 man sets. let him play outside with pryor.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
LFOX21 wrote:

kelly/perine/thompson

Marshall is about the same as Kelly. Hes bigger than Mack Brown at 220lbs. Brown is 216. Jones and Kelly both 227.
With Marshall having by far the most speed out of our RBs.
I know what his size is, but if I remember correctly, he's more of a perimeter runner and relies on his speed to much. Aka, Bigger version of Thompson. I'm comparing running styles more than anything.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: