You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns/Texans Win-Loss Prediction & 2018 Draft Outlook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't shake the feeling that we draft a round 1 qb next year. I want one of the current guys to do enough to claim the title of franchise qb but don't think they will be able to erase all doubt, and the prospects next year appear to be too good to pass in without a current guy doing just that.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
I have a feeling that the Texans pick will be right about where the Eagles pick from this years draft was. They play in a a tough(er) division now with the Jags looking prime to take that step and the Titans becoming a legit playoff caliber team.

I think the Browns end up with the 7th pick (theirs) and the 14th pick (HOU).

If thats the case, Im interested to see what their draft strategy will be. What position group receives the most attention since in the first year was WRs and this year was front 7. IMO we NEEEEEEED the WRs to take a big step because I really want them to focus on the secondary next draft to add 2 more top tier talents to CB and S. I dont want to have to burn the mid round HOU pick on a WR because Coleman got injured again, Britt is old and none of Louis, Payton, Higgins stepped up.

I agree.

I love the WRs in this draft, but I'd prefer drafting secondary help.
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
They just drafted their guy at QB, thus no more excuses, when things implode this year. I agree about the roster, just making the common observation about regime changes that usually happen.

So the rookie has to prove it in year one or you fire your head coach who has always had a winning record? Doesn't make sense to me from a football standpoint.

Well when the HC was labeled as a QB guru and the next offensive mastermind and his QB play has gotten worse every year he has been there and the offense has gotten worse every year he has been there. Kubiak was there for 8 years. His offense was ranked in the 20s or lower only twice. Bob in 3 years has done it twice. With how good the defense is, can you keep waiting?
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping QBs work out:

Free Agency:
Resign Isaiah Crowell

Draft:
1. Derwin James, S, FSU
1. Iman Marshall, CB, USC
2. Kevin Toliver, CB, LSU
2. Deon Cain, WR, Clemson
2. Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, Indiana
3. Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State
4. Tony Brown, CB, Alabama
4. Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon
5. Jamarco Jones, OT, OSU
6. Austin Golson, G, Auburn
6. Brian Allen, C/G, Michigan State
7. Matt Elam, NT, Kentucky

Probably not realistic because I don't have any trade downs. Laughing

In a perfect world we trade down the Houston pick and acquire another 2nd and a future 1st.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the Texans... even that D has some variables. Romeo gone, so new DC, What will Watt look like, lost one of their top players, Will Clowny stay healthy?

Granted, I think some of these fall the Texans way, particularly regarding Romeo to Vrabel.

The others... to quote TO, get yo popcorn ready!
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
They just drafted their guy at QB, thus no more excuses, when things implode this year. I agree about the roster, just making the common observation about regime changes that usually happen.

So the rookie has to prove it in year one or you fire your head coach who has always had a winning record? Doesn't make sense to me from a football standpoint.

Well when the HC was labeled as a QB guru and the next offensive mastermind and his QB play has gotten worse every year he has been there and the offense has gotten worse every year he has been there. Kubiak was there for 8 years. His offense was ranked in the 20s or lower only twice. Bob in 3 years has done it twice. With how good the defense is, can you keep waiting?

Fitz, Hoyer, Osweiler...no coach is going to make any of those qbs good players. Serviceable, maybe, but they are who they are. Watson will be a greater test but if you only give him one year it isn't much of a test.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

Fitz, Hoyer, Osweiler...no coach is going to make any of those qbs good players. Serviceable, maybe, but they are who they are. Watson will be a greater test but if you only give him one year it isn't much of a test.

That QB guru label on BOB is probably the most misplaced in the NFL. He had it slapped on him for working with an already established, already all world, Tom Brady. Other than that, the best he has done is develop a decent college guy that could do absolutely nothing at the NFL level.

Fitz... well Gailey made him look pretty freaking good. Why can't BOB? Hoyer, I can not disagree with.

Brock, in my opinion the jury is still out, he looked very promising with Kubiak, an established coach that can develop a QB. With BOB, he regressed greatly.

There is not enough data there to make a determination one way or the other except that he has all of the physical tools and any real QB guru would welcome the opportunity to work with him and see if he can develop completely. BOB couldn't, that was obvious, he actually helped him regress.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Just saw something where it had Houston picking in the mid 20's. So I guess they are going to win their division and go deep in the playoffs with a rookie QB.... Rolling Eyes Watson isn't a plug in and watch him go QB. If he was other teams would have drafted him before Houston. I think Kizer will have a better pro career and he is on the Browns. Still thinking we end up with a top 10 pick from the Texans.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
Just saw something where it had Houston picking in the mid 20's. So I guess they are going to win their division and go deep in the playoffs with a rookie QB.... Rolling Eyes Watson isn't a plug in and watch him go QB. If he was other teams would have drafted him before Houston. I think Kizer will have a better pro career and he is on the Browns. Still thinking we end up with a top 10 pick from the Texans.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

If their quarterbacks end the season with a rating in the 50s I'll say you are right. If they are around 70 and at the bottom of the league they should finish about how they did last year, 7-9 wins. If they end up average in the 90 range they are a threat to make a playoff run.
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone said Carolina would be picking #8 after their prior season, people would have called you crazy.

Browns will be picking #32 and our Houston pick will be #1. You heard it here first, folks.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
If anyone said Carolina would be picking #8 after their prior season, people would have called you crazy.

Browns will be picking #32 and our Houston pick will be #1. You heard it here first, folks.

I like the spice of your mustard sir... $$$$ I'll take a jar of it!

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

If we win the SB who cares where the Texans pick is. We obviously found a QB and are so young we will be a juggernaut for years to come.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

If we win the SB who cares where the Texans pick is. We obviously found a QB and are so young we will be a juggernaut for years to come.

Not necessarily, Baltimore won it all with Trent Dilfer, TB won it all with Johnson, Bears won it all with McMahon. Its rare but it does happen.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Not necessarily, Baltimore won it all with Trent Dilfer, TB won it all with Johnson, Bears won it all with McMahon. Its rare but it does happen.

If this team wins a SB with our youth we'll be playoff contenders at least for the foreseeable future and we aren't spoiled so I'm happy with whatever happens as long as we are contenders.

I just don't concern myself with draft pick positioning prior to the season. I'm not going to actively root against the Texans. As long as we make a good selection with that pick I'm happy. Same with our pick. I didn't want the #1 overall pick heading into 2016 I'd rather show improvement and take a good player at #14 and keep building. After the season I'm thrilled with the #1 pick because it's draft season.

It's like we are picking 16th prior to every season and every win drops you 2 spots and every loss brings you up 2 spots. I'm always going to root for wins prior to and during the season. I'd like to finish .500 or better this year and then I can get excited about the regular season again which from my memory seemed so much better than being excited about the offseason.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am certainly rooting against the Texans myself! I want those 2 picks to be prime picks!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: