You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns/Texans Win-Loss Prediction & 2018 Draft Outlook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:

Titans, Jags, and Colts are going to be better than they were a year ago. Still have to face the Pats and KC. Heck in MM never gets hurt, Texans dont make the playoffs.

If you want to Crown them as a 9win team go ahead. I just dont see their offense making their stride or their defense playing as well. Yeah they get Watt back but like others have said, we have no idea what kind of Watt is coming back and how long he can last. This was the same Texans team that started 2-5 and then got on some crazy of a run.

I don't care to crown them as anything, it would be better for us if they were 1-15 I just don't see why they would have a huge drop off. We can assume Watt isn't very good this year or unhealthy, we can assume they get worse than the 29th best QBing and we can assume they lose 12 of 12 close games instead of winning 8 of them.

Take away the QB position and I think they are probably a top 5 team. QB is important I just don't see how they could get bad enough QBing to drop them to a bottom 5 team but I guess we'll see.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:

For this year, I think they lose to Cleveland, Seattle, Cardinals, Ravens, and the Steelers of those listed games.

Texans are currently favored to win 9 games including a 9.5 point spread over the Browns.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

For this year, I think they lose to Cleveland, Seattle, Cardinals, Ravens, and the Steelers of those listed games.

Texans are currently favored to win 9 games including a 9.5 point spread over the Browns.

Not by my rankings. I trust my own rankings more than national media. Surprised
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B.O.B.'s safety net is gone, now the pressure is solely upon him. He has played the QB scapegoat card. This year, when they melt down, its all on him and his staff.

Who is on the short list to be the Texans new HC in 2018?

Grand scheming by Darth Hoodie? Josh McDaniels finally decides to try HCing again, BOB back to the Pats to be the new OC?
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
B.O.B.'s safety net is gone, now the pressure is solely upon him. He has played the QB scapegoat card. This year, when they melt down, its all on him and his staff.

Grand scheming by Darth Hoodie? Josh McDaniels finally decides to try HCing again, BOB back to the Pats to be the new OC?

Well he did just make the playoffs last year and won a playoff game. Has 27 regular season wins in 3 years with Fitzpatrick, Hoyer and Osweiler as his quarterbacks. It has taken the Browns 7 years to get to that total with similar QB play.
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely aside from how it would benefit us, I didn't think Houston was set up for a good 2017. They have a terrible OL/QB combination and I expect their defense to wear down & get tired. Their front 7 is nasty, but the rest of their roster is pretty meh outside of that. I think we could end up with a better record than them and I'm rarely optimistic about our team.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

Well he did just make the playoffs last year and won a playoff game. Has 27 regular season wins in 3 years with Fitzpatrick, Hoyer and Osweiler as his quarterbacks. It has taken the Browns 7 years to get to that total with similar QB play.

All true, however I think the patience of the Houston ownership is wearing thin. They don't want to be Cincinnati. They want to compete for a championship.

I think its time for the current staff to crap or get off the pot. Myself, I think they will be getting off the pot.

I think its a toss up as to who will have a better record, Browns or Texans. I think it will be very close. The difference is the trend, the Browns are finally going to start trending up, the Texans trending down, and soon to look at a rebuild.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

All true, however I think the patience of the Houston ownership is wearing thin. They don't want to be Cincinnati. They want to compete for a championship.

I think its time for the current staff to crap or get off the pot. Myself, I think they will be getting off the pot.

I think its a toss up as to who will have a better record, Browns or Texans. I think it will be very close. The difference is the trend, the Browns are finally going to start trending up, the Texans trending down, and soon to look at a rebuild.

I don't know the Texan situation that well but they have an overall talented roster I see no reason to rebuild, they just have to find a decent QB. If Mariota gets hurt early in the season I think the Texans run away with the division. Otherwise it will probably be a two team race with the Colts being competitive. Texans have taken 5 of 6 from the Titans so the Titans have to get over that hurdle. They did win the last matchup even with Matt Cassel starting but only managed 233 total yards and Mariota struggles against that Texan D and with Watt back I expect them to finish better than 26th in the league in sacks this year.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

I don't know the Texan situation that well but they have an overall talented roster I see no reason to rebuild, they just have to find a decent QB. If Mariota gets hurt early in the season I think the Texans run away with the division. Otherwise it will probably be a two team race with the Colts being competitive. Texans have taken 5 of 6 from the Titans so the Titans have to get over that hurdle. They did win the last matchup even with Matt Cassel starting but only managed 233 total yards and Mariota struggles against that Texan D and with Watt back I expect them to finish better than 26th in the league in sacks this year.

Its part of a regime change, the new staff always seems to want "their guys".
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

Its part of a regime change, the new staff always seems to want "their guys".

Yeah, they would be pretty dumb to unload talent. Cut/trade Clowney/Watt/Hopkins/Fuller/Miller/Reader/etc... so they can bring in their guys? I don't think so. I also don't think they will be terrible so I don't think O'Brien is on the hot seat. If there is a change they may want their own QB but that will be about it. Otherwise you build from what you have. This isn't the Jets roster we are talking about.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just drafted their guy at QB, thus no more excuses, when things implode this year. I agree about the roster, just making the common observation about regime changes that usually happen.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
They just drafted their guy at QB, thus no more excuses, when things implode this year. I agree about the roster, just making the common observation about regime changes that usually happen.

So the rookie has to prove it in year one or you fire your head coach who has always had a winning record? Doesn't make sense to me from a football standpoint.
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

So the rookie has to prove it in year one or you fire your head coach who has always had a winning record? Doesn't make sense to me from a football standpoint.

I understand both sides. I can also see the financial side in that O'Brien has two years left on his contract. Barring worse than a 7-9 record, I don't see him being fired this year; money is money. He deserves to see out his contract, especially with a rookie at QB.

That said, I agree with Dean that I don't think he's the long term answer. He's made some boneheaded choices IMO. His inability to address the QB position (I'll assume he had a big hand in the GM's non-addressing) is troubling at the very least. I also don't see it in Deshaun Watson (though I like him as a person/player and hope he can make it work...just not well enough to get wins this year, of course).

I don't see Deshaun working out and see it costing BOB his job either this year or next. I see the team being at its peak right now and still not good enough to truly compete, thus a waste of a lot of defensive talent. Watt may come back & dominate this year, but it's likely that he doesn't dominate much longer. Buoye is a great corner and will be missed. We'll see if Clowney stays healthy or ends up as a what-could-have-been pick.

ditchdigger wrote:
DGB thinks people ought to pay for photobucket, but Based Gordon wants it to be free.

Thomas5737 wrote:
I only come here to sit under the quote trees and read.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

In this instance, pretty much. The vibe I get from that ownership is we are not Cincinnati, we want a ring, not a perpetual early playoff bump.

Last year Brock was the scapegoat. That crutch is gone. They have their guy. A step back I believe is a step out the door.

I believe that they take a large step back this year and there is no Brock to take the heat this time.
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling that the Texans pick will be right about where the Eagles pick from this years draft was. They play in a a tough(er) division now with the Jags looking prime to take that step and the Titans becoming a legit playoff caliber team.

I think the Browns end up with the 7th pick (theirs) and the 14th pick (HOU).

If thats the case, Im interested to see what their draft strategy will be. What position group receives the most attention since in the first year was WRs and this year was front 7. IMO we NEEEEEEED the WRs to take a big step because I really want them to focus on the secondary next draft to add 2 more top tier talents to CB and S. I dont want to have to burn the mid round HOU pick on a WR because Coleman got injured again, Britt is old and none of Louis, Payton, Higgins stepped up.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: