You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns/Texans Win-Loss Prediction & 2018 Draft Outlook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buno67

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iamcanadian wrote:
Houston has solid coaching and a solid defense, even without a franchise QB, they could easily win 7 games, but that is tops IMO, given their schedule and no starting QB.

I predict we could win a max of 4 games or be as low as 2, we have zip at QB, offense will really struggle to score points and while defense will be solidly improved, it is still very young. I hope it is indeed 2 wins, because that would mean we get the QB of our choice without any trades. Any more than 4 wins, and we might not get one of the top 3 QB's available. Any thoughts that we could win 6 games is pie in the sky IMO.

They have solid defensive coaching. They could have a rough patch with a new DC. Vrabel is taking over as DC and Romeo is now mainly an assitant HC and defensive coach. I also believe they are now replacing both safeties. who knows what kind of an impact that should make.

I am not sold on their offensive coaches at all.

I believe winning 9 games last year was a fluke by them. You look at their history, prior to last year, in the seasons they had a negative point differential most wins was 8 or when their offensive scoring was ranked 25th or worse they won 6 games. Last year they were 28th in points and had -49 point differential and won 9 games. I believe their division got better and they still have a huge question mark at QB.

I dont know about them easily winning 7 games. 7 or 8 games might be their ceiling.
mtmmike

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If deshaun watson throws as many interceptions as he did at clemson they could be 0 16
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that it will be a toss up as to which pick is better, out own or theirs. The records will be very similar I believe, only our needle points up while theirs points down.
MWil23

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
If deshaun watson throws as many interceptions as he did at clemson they could be 0 16

And if he fixes those deficiencies, brings his game consistently the way he did on the big stage against the closest thing to a pro defense in Alabama multiple times and has the "IT" factor the way he did in college, they will win the Super Bowl.

As long as we're talking in hypotheticals and generalities... Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marky wrote:
Houston won 9 games last year. They get the best defensive player in the NFL back, and have a QB that is at least competent. How will they win only 4-6?

I do not see them losing to Jacksonville or Tennessee twice. It seems the last couple of years we think Jacksonville is going to breakout, but they never do.

I see them more in the 7-10 range. Probably win the division again, pick in the early to mid twenties.

I can see the 7-10 especially since they were without Watt last year, but they also had an extraordinary record for a team who gave up almost 50 more points than they scored. That kind of luck isn't likely to continue.

Vince Lombardi
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, you can't really depend on Watt being the Watt that he used to be. This dude probably should retire because he has had some very severe injuries. I worry he may be jeopardizing his quality of life post football by continuing to play. He may not be any where near the player that he has been.

Also, saying that they will receive competent QB play is very optimistic. They will likely at least start with Savage, who is shaky on his best day. Followed by a rookie that was clutch in college, but is undeniably a project currently in the NFL.
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Dizzy. There's room for growth (Watt back, QB play, etc.), but there's also a lot of room for regression (close game record, point differential, QB play, coaching, injuries, etc.). I think that at this point it's as likely that they win 5 as they win 11, with anything in between being far more likely. If you gave me an over/under of 8.5, I would lean under but wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're better than last year's Eagles and they're in an easier division.
BwickRedux

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelbot wrote:

Is the point here to say that the Texans will have more than 7 wins? If so, this seems like a non-sequitur... they can be better than last year's Eagles and any number of variables from year to year could cause them to finish better, worse, or the same as the 2016 Eagles.

Personally, this Texans team to me feels like a .500 club - their qb difficulties and weakened secondary will lose them some games, their front 7 and weapons around the qb will win them some games and their schedule seems to be fairly balanced with both good and bad teams.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
Also, you can't really depend on Watt being the Watt that he used to be. This dude probably should retire because he has had some very severe injuries. I worry he may be jeopardizing his quality of life post football by continuing to play. He may not be any where near the player that he has been.

Also, saying that they will receive competent QB play is very optimistic. They will likely at least start with Savage, who is shaky on his best day. Followed by a rookie that was clutch in college, but is undeniably a project currently in the NFL.

I'm afraid this might be a bit of wishful thinking:

Hes doing great, head coach Bill OBrien said. I dont know what else to say. Hes in great shape. You can just tell he just cant wait to put the pads on and play. Hes a very difficult guy to go against when youre in full pads so imagine what its like when youre not in pads. To be honest with you, sometimes you have to and our offensive line has really battled hard and Ive really been happy with our offensive line, but sometimes you have to get J.J. out of the practice just so you can complete a pass"

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/JJ-Watt-on-training-camp-I-cant-wait/4fdd73bc-f3b4-4bfc-8f4f-d54b4bd6948e

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawgdish wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

I'm afraid this might be a bit of wishful thinking:

Hes doing great, head coach Bill OBrien said. I dont know what else to say. Hes in great shape. You can just tell he just cant wait to put the pads on and play. Hes a very difficult guy to go against when youre in full pads so imagine what its like when youre not in pads. To be honest with you, sometimes you have to and our offensive line has really battled hard and Ive really been happy with our offensive line, but sometimes you have to get J.J. out of the practice just so you can complete a pass"

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/JJ-Watt-on-training-camp-I-cant-wait/4fdd73bc-f3b4-4bfc-8f4f-d54b4bd6948e

Laughing that is a good line
kelbot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickRedux wrote:
kelbot wrote:

Is the point here to say that the Texans will have more than 7 wins? If so, this seems like a non-sequitur... they can be better than last year's Eagles and any number of variables from year to year could cause them to finish better, worse, or the same as the 2016 Eagles.

Personally, this Texans team to me feels like a .500 club - their qb difficulties and weakened secondary will lose them some games, their front 7 and weapons around the qb will win them some games and their schedule seems to be fairly balanced with both good and bad teams.

It's to say we should temper our expectations for their futility. We all thought Philly was a top 5 pick after the Bradford trade.

Buoye was a one year wonder and Quinten Demps is hardly irreplaceable. I'm assuming 9-7 until they do any different.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickRedux wrote:
kelbot wrote:

That could be saying more about their offense than Watt. Also, you can't put a lot of stock in coach speak.

Look no further than our own HC who heaps praise on all QBs on the roster.
BwickRedux

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelbot wrote:
BwickRedux wrote:
kelbot wrote:

It's to say we should temper our expectations for their futility. We all thought Philly was a top 5 pick after the Bradford trade.

Buoye was a one year wonder and Quinten Demps is hardly irreplaceable. I'm assuming 9-7 until they do any different.

I don't think the fact that Bouye's top ten level production being only one year really matters - his departure is a factor someone could point to as an area that will regress from last year to this (since the argument is that Houston won't be as good as they were last year).
That being said, I agree with your word of caution about not looking through brown and orange colored glasses... just like Browns fans have a tendency to overshoot our predictions for the home team, we also tend to undershoot predictions for teams whose picks we have.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
mtmmike wrote:

And if he fixes those deficiencies, brings his game consistently the way he did on the big stage against the closest thing to a pro defense in Alabama multiple times and has the "IT" factor the way he did in college, they will win the Super Bowl.

As long as we're talking in hypotheticals and generalities... Wink
\
Interesting thought got a question for you how many qbs that thru that many
interceptions starred in there first year in the nfl?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: