You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How long will Trubisky and Mahomes sit?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Crickett wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Crickett wrote:
Trubisky - 14 games barring very very likely injuries.

Mahomes - 2 full seasons barring injuries.

I can't imagine he'd sit a full 2 years. I feel like maybe a whole year but then they cut him loose on the field

Why not? Everyone keeps talking about how Mahomes needs to be completely rebuilt as a quarterback like Aaron Rodgers was. Aaron Rodgers had three full years to fix his mechanics. If you're willing to be patient enough to give Mahomes at least two when they have Alex Smith, why'd they draft him?

I think having someone like Favre in front of him and given the fact the Packers didn't trade up for him are 2 reasons why i don't think they are complete parallels. I agree he needs to develop but when was the last time a 1st round rookie QB sat 2 whole years? Even people like Tebow who was expected to sit 2+ years didn't even last 1.

You also have to look at the money factor, the team is getting Mahomes cheaply for the next few years, if he rides the bench for 2 years, he'll have to be paid a much higher salary if you want him to stay around long enough to be good. I can honestly seeing Mahomes sitting for a year, he has a solid QB ahead of him to learn from, a totally different situation that Trubisky is facing in Chicago

Of course, KC might have drafted him to get from under cap hell and believe that by trading Smith, they can get solid pick(s) in return and solve their cap hell situation. A cheap QB stuck under a rookie salary cap has proved to be a very useful tool in improving a team significantly.

If he is lucky, he will get a year to develop and the team will go with Alex Smith as the starter. Of course at any moment, KC could trade Alex Smith and throw Mahomes to the wolves. Reid is after all near the end of his career and would likely want one or 2 more shots at he SB and if he feels Alex Smith cannot get him there, Look Out!!!!
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Bears are 1-7 I don't think Fox is making any decisions because there is a good chance he is fired during the bye week.

The way the Bears are talking it sounds like there will be a legit competition between Trubisky and Glennon.
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
If the Bears are 1-7 I don't think Fox is making any decisions because there is a good chance he is fired during the bye week.

The way the Bears are talking it sounds like there will be a legit competition between Trubisky and Glennon.

That's what I would fully expect to happen to any QB drafted by a QB hungary team. He may not win the job out of camp. but you are setting the scale so he can be ready around game 7 or 8. No matter how other people think, Trubisky was taken #2 overall, because the Bears think he has a legitimate chance to be a solid franchise QB and QB's with that kind of talent do not sit long on a weak team.
G

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mahomes will get playing time this season but won't start a single game. Specific packages with Hill and the wildcat as Reid will do it just to mess the defense up for a few plays a game.
Trubisky should not start til halfway if losing bad and last 4 games if doing ok but no playoffs.
I remember when carr beat out Schuab and I was so happy, but I knew wins wouldn't come as he had a lot to learn. 0-10 if I recall but was worth it now looking back.
Anc260

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iamcanadian wrote:
Reid is after all near the end of his career and would likely want one or 2 more shots at he SB and if he feels Alex Smith cannot get him there, Look Out!!!!

I don't think Reid is near the end of his career. He's not even 60. He's obviously closer to the end than the beginning of his career, but he could easily coach for another 10 seasons. The fact that they drafted Mahomes pretty much confirms that Reid will be coaching for a while longer.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Trubisky will largely depend on what the pass catchers in Chicago do.

If Kevin White gets hurt again, Cam Meredith doesn pick up where he left off and Shaheen is taking awhile to click than I would moth ball him till the last week or 2 just to give him a little taste.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: