You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How do you feel about the RB situation?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank-O

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
Lacy
Starks
Crockett
Jackson
Burks
Michael

Monty
Williams
Jones
Mays

Phillips
Stanback

Complete make-over: 6 guys out, 6 new guys in

The first four in that list I feel good about. The last 2 are just turds it seems. Overall I like the group we got. All three rookies have potential.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a little more faith in Stanback than some. Jones seems like the guy that has a great amount of production but doesn't have that 4th gear to hit the home run. He reminds me a lot of John Crockett TBH. Has some power, a little bit of speed, but doesn't have that extra step to put him over the top. Unless he blows everyone away in preseason, I don't see him taking the next step. Stanback appears to have that extra gear that Jones doesn't have, although that gear tops off rather quickly. Just my two cents...
Chili

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is very little tape on Stanback. I remember seeing some gifs somwhere showing that for his size he has pretty good shiftiness.

Kalif Phillips has only one tape on draftbreakdown but he wasn't impressive at all.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chili wrote:
There is very little tape on Stanback. I remember seeing some gifs somwhere showing that for his size he has pretty good shiftiness.

Kalif Phillips has only one tape on draftbreakdown but he wasn't impressive at all.

I haven't even seen Stanback play but I saw his career ypc at UCF was 3.8 on 306 carries...

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
Chili wrote:

I haven't even seen Stanback play but I saw his career ypc at UCF was 3.8 on 306 carries...

Do you know why he didn't finish his college career at UCF?
Frank-O

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
Frank-O wrote:
Chili wrote:

No.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
Frank-O wrote:
Chili wrote:

No.

He failed multiple drug tests at UCF.

Just go watch him play.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
Frank-O wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
Frank-O wrote:
Chili wrote:

No.

He failed multiple drug tests at UCF.

Just go watch him play.

His academic advisor let him take pharmacology while he still had to go to football practice? I didn't think the course was too difficult, but there were some words that were similar and a bit tricky to spell, and I can see how someone could fail the exams, especially if they had obligations to the school when they otherwise would have been studying. It was a class you had to study for a bit more simply because of the vocabulary involved. Wink

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Shanedorf

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

It was a class you had to study for a bit more simply because of the vocabulary involved. Wink

chimpanzee guessing rate = 5

https://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=pharmacokinetics-introduction
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on topic:

In the 2nd half of 2014, the Packers went on an 8-2 run that included:

300 rushes for 1391 yards @ 4.6 per carry

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/2014.htm

Can the 2017 Packers deliver that running game ?
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
Back on topic:

If Montgomery stays healthy, I can't see why not. Obviously the line as well. Both Williams and Jones should provide tremendous spell options.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
Back on topic:

If Montgomery stays healthy, I can't see why not. Obviously the line as well. Both Williams and Jones should provide tremendous spell options.

Can't wait to take a long look at Monty come camp. I've been told He's about 225lbs right now and will turn heads! He is also a full year removed from ankle surgery. I would have passed on the idea of moving a WR like Monty in there year's back. These are changing times though and I'm intrigued as hell. Monty sure is the perfect candidate to try it with. Smart, hard working, right body, and his game was never gonna be at a premium at WR because of his boundary skills or lack there of....
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/30/aaron-rodgers-dont-forget-about-aaron-ripkowski-at-rb/

"Rodgers was effusive in his praise for Ripkowski late last season, when the Packers started giving their second-year fullback a substantial role on offense.
In fact, Rodgers lobbied for Ripkowski to be on the field during the biggest moments of games."

“If Mike (McCarthy) says, ‘Hey, who do you want back there on the big third down?’
I want Rip back there, just like I wanted John back there,”
Rodgers said, according to Jason Wilde
MrBobGray

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
Back on topic:

Can't wait to take a long look at Monty come camp. I've been told He's about 225lbs right now and will turn heads! He is also a full year removed from ankle surgery. I would have passed on the idea of moving a WR like Monty in there year's back. These are changing times though and I'm intrigued as hell. Monty sure is the perfect candidate to try it with. Smart, hard working, right body, and his game was never gonna be at a premium at WR because of his boundary skills or lack there of....

It's gotta be a nice fit for Monty as well, as he seemed to like to pack on the muscle in the past, and now it's not only not a negative, but actually a plus.

One question I do have with Monty is what is up with his long speed? He seems to be in incredible shape, but he gets gassed on long runs faster than any similar player I've ever seen. That long TD run against the Bears, he exploded the first twenty yards in the open field, and then it was like watching a DT return a fumble. He had several plays like that, and it's just odd to me. Is it related to the sickle cell trait? I have to admit I don't have enough knowledge on how that affects athletes.
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's Monty's highlight reel for 2016, includes some big plays vs bears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5hVRADAf-U

What happens with Monty and others with the sickle-cell trait, is that they have one defective copy of the gene that codes for hemoglobin and one good copy.
So they have both "sickle" red cells and non-sickle red cells circulating through their system.
( instead of a circle, the red cells look like a sickle or crescent shape, see image below)

Normal red blood cells "deform" themselves in order to squeeze into and through the tiny micro-capillaries, thus delivering oxygen and removing CO2/ waste products . When you have sickle cells, they don't deform as well and they can't get deep into the muscles - this leads to lack of oxygen and a build- up of wastes, especially during heavy exertion.
So Monty may have a lower oxygen-carrying capacity vs a non-sickle athlete. Not sure how/when this manifests itself during the course of a game

The linked research paper from Cadmus also suggests that under heavy exertion and oxygen depletion, even some of the healthy red blood cells will sickle too.
So under normal conditions, Monty is fine. Under exertion or dehydration, the risk profile changes.

During heavy exertion, he may struggle and GB has to manage that because there are some nasty sequela that can arise in these patients.
Including issues in kidney, liver and rhabdomyelosis - which involves destruction of skeletal muscle. Not a good thing for an NFL athlete

Managing hydration and exertion levels (up-tempo offense) are part of his future in GB and fortunately he has the best care and advice available.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: