You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How do you feel about the RB situation?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donzo wrote:
Chili wrote:

I don't trust the source at all but might as well post it on here:

Quote:
It is understood the Packers have made contact with the Buccaneers to start discussions on a possible trade option and have gone as far as to say ‘Name your Price’.

It's so stupid. I'm guessing this "journalist" thinks that if a team doesn't draft a position in the first round, they didn't address it. :lol: If we didn't like any of our RBs why even waste a draft pick on them at all? :lol:

LOL!

I'm guessing they said "Name your Price" because they figured Brian was expendable.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chili wrote:
Quote:

Running back Doug Martin was suspended for four games for PED usage at the tail end of last season and there was talk he could be traded before the 2017 NFL Draft.

The Draft has been and gone and Martin still remains on the Buccaneers rosters, as Tampa Bay failed to secure a suitable replacement vis the draft.

The Green Bay Packers also failed to have improved their Running Back situation via the draft and after losing Eddie Lacy to Seattle via free agency are now looking for a lead back and with the free agency options slim, a trade is their only real option.

Because Martin was suspended, his previously guaranteed $7 million base salary for the 2017 season is no longer guaranteed. Additionally, Martin is banned until Week 3 of the 2017 season and are expected to role with Jacquizz Rodgers as their starter with Charles Sims as their change of pace back.

It is understood the Packers have made contact with the Buccaneers to start discussions on a possible trade option and have gone as far as to say ‘Name your Price’.

Martin would provide the packers a genuine running game and take some of the pressure off star quarterback Aaron Rodgers to move the chains all by his lonesome.

The Packers current running backs on the depth chart are Ty Montgomery, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones and Devante Mays. Although Ty Montgomery produced some excitement in 2016, the packers still need a lead back to keep the chains moving and Doug Martin could be the perfect solution.

https://sportstalk360.com/green-bay-consider-doug-martin-trade/

It's so stupid. I'm guessing this "journalist" thinks that if a team doesn't draft a position in the first round, they didn't address it. Laughing If we didn't like any of our RBs why even waste a draft pick on them at all? Laughing

I saw this on Reddit the other day. That site looks antiquated for like 1999.

At the same time, it's almost "too random" to be on there.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Chili wrote:
Quote:

Running back Doug Martin was suspended for four games for PED usage at the tail end of last season and there was talk he could be traded before the 2017 NFL Draft.

The Draft has been and gone and Martin still remains on the Buccaneers rosters, as Tampa Bay failed to secure a suitable replacement vis the draft.

The Green Bay Packers also failed to have improved their Running Back situation via the draft and after losing Eddie Lacy to Seattle via free agency are now looking for a lead back and with the free agency options slim, a trade is their only real option.

Because Martin was suspended, his previously guaranteed $7 million base salary for the 2017 season is no longer guaranteed. Additionally, Martin is banned until Week 3 of the 2017 season and are expected to role with Jacquizz Rodgers as their starter with Charles Sims as their change of pace back.

Martin would provide the packers a genuine running game and take some of the pressure off star quarterback Aaron Rodgers to move the chains all by his lonesome.

The Packers current running backs on the depth chart are Ty Montgomery, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones and Devante Mays. Although Ty Montgomery produced some excitement in 2016, the packers still need a lead back to keep the chains moving and Doug Martin could be the perfect solution.

It's so stupid. I'm guessing this "journalist" thinks that if a team doesn't draft a position in the first round, they didn't address it. Laughing If we didn't like any of our RBs why even waste a draft pick on them at all? Laughing

read the "About Us" on that page and try to tell me you take it seriously Laughing

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Chili wrote:
Quote:

read the "About Us" on that page and try to tell me you take it seriously Laughing

lol Rugby.

When I want NFL rumors, I check European websites first. (Guessing that it's Aussie or EU, not 100% but you get the idea)
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant say im not slightly disappointed at taking a RB earlier. This was a fantastic class to do it, but I certainly understand the logic in not doing it and trying to give Dom one last chance with all the defensive tools he needs to succeed. Im hoping the Day 3 hunger games route bears at least one complimentary runner to Ty. By far the most interesting positional battle in camp IMO.

Next year there could be some good guys that fall too. If Bo Scarbrough is there end of round one, for instance, we gotta entertain that.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting (and unfortunately relevant) read.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2716677-footballs-silent-killer-forces-players-and-teams-to-make-tough-choices
HokieHigh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When someone says 'name your price' they do not mean 'I will give you anything.'

They simply mean that they want you to provide them with a cost.
CheeseheadinMA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
Interesting (and unfortunately relevant) read.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2716677-footballs-silent-killer-forces-players-and-teams-to-make-tough-choices

Pretty sad and terrible stuff. Although it does sound like the NFL has a much, much better handle on sickle cell athletes as compared to the NCAA. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the level of professionals at the NFL level (doctors, physical therapists, trainers, coaches) as well as the money available to monitor players.

Actually, reading that makes me feel better about Ty, we know how cautious GB staff are, and they can keep him working at optimum levels. Possibly part of the reason we took so many RB's, maybe? Options as they plan for a RB by committee?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know it's a slow news day when that kind of BS is being reported. We drafted Williams in the 4th round who would've been a 2nd rounder any other year. Experts on both ESPN and NFL Network say that he may be one the biggest steals of the draft. We drafted two other RB's who will fight for RB3 and Mays could eventually be a RB2 behind Williams or Monty if he proves his injury last year hasn't barred him from a career at the next level. We then brought two more guys in, one of which would've been draftable just about any other year.

pump this brakes folks...
KManX89

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should be fine at RB.

I really like Jamaal Williams' skill set. Hell, judging by the tape, he could be a mid-round sleeper a la David Johnson. I'm not saying he'll be another David Johnson on a talent level (I highly doubt it), but he has perhaps the best chance of being the next mid-round hit at RB.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
We should be fine at RB.

I really like Jamaal Williams' skill set. Hell, judging by the tape, he could be a mid-round sleeper a la David Johnson. I'm not saying he'll be another David Johnson on a talent level (I highly doubt it), but he has perhaps the best chance of being the next mid-round hit at RB.

I like Jones and even Mayes better than Williams to be honest.

Jones looks to me to be a Freeman type back.
Mays is every thing that Williams is , but bigger and faster.

I think the Packers carry 4 this year and all will see some time and get their chance IMO.
skibrett15

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
We should be fine at RB.

I think the Packers carry 4 this year and all will see some time and get their chance IMO.

Williams has the running ability though. Lot better athletes at RB than Arian Foster the past 10 years. Not a lot of better RBs though.
fattlipp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skibrett15 wrote:
fattlipp wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
We should be fine at RB.

Williams has the running ability though. Lot better athletes at RB than Arian Foster the past 10 years. Not a lot of better RBs though.

Yeah he has that on Mays, but I think Jones is the best runner/vision of the rookie backs.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: