You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Does Floyd's moon have too dark of a side...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Worm Guts

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Does Floyd's moon have too dark of a side...? Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
are multiple DUI's too high of an error to accept?

No. He's a football player, not a school bus driver.

So, if he plays football, he can't drive a car, and possibly injure an innocent driver? Shocked

There is no dark side of the Floyd Moon; as a matter of fact, it's all dark.

No, if he plays football driving irrelevant to his job. Whether he's permitted to drive is up to the government.
I basically feel the same about any type of legal offense. It's up to the legal system to determine if you need to be punished. If you're not in jail, you should be able to go to work.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Does Floyd's moon have too dark of a side...? Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

So, if he plays football, he can't drive a car, and possibly injure an innocent driver? Shocked

Oh, ok. DUIs should prevent you from pursuing any profession because you migh drive drunk. Got it.

“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
As a Patriots fan, I can say that generally speaking people were on-board with the idea of Floyd returning. He certainly didn't do anything to hurt the team in his short stay, and made some very good plays in limited time.

His non-return and lack of playing time was mostly down to lack of time in the system, and our very good depth at the position. He did everything that was asked of him while he was here.

He's still a very good athlete, and definitely capable of being a good no.2.

encouraging view.

is it a definite the Pats will not bring him back?

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs, Thielen and Floyd would be an exciting trio. Diggs would move into the slot on passing downs. the prospect of having two taller, athletic WRs on the outside is nice. Redzone offense would be fun if Thielen moves into the slot with Floyd and Treadwell out wide. Add Hodges and Rudolph into the mix, might makes things interesting.

There is little downside in bringing in Floyd. If MN can get him on a one year deal under $4M, it's a good deal.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Floyd's moon have too dark of a side...? Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

other than, could it happen again and the investment in him becomes a waste?

isnt it redundant to ask, giving that the investment is ruined if anyone does this?

That is, even with including his history..?

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Floyd's moon have too dark of a side...? Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

isnt it redundant to ask, giving that the investment is ruined if anyone does this?

it's not redundant to ask, it's prudent. it's about risk aversion.

because obviously someone with a repeated history of alcohol abuse and driving is more of a risk to potentially re-offend than any player on a team with no prior history.

doesn't that make sense, or is your question about something else?

SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Floyd's moon have too dark of a side...? Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

it's not redundant to ask, it's prudent. it's about risk aversion.

because obviously someone with a repeated history of alcohol abuse and driving is more of a risk to potentially re-offend than any player on a team with no prior history.

doesn't that make sense, or is your question about something else?

I get that, but doesn't a multiple time offender and one time offender carry the same offense? Or, at least in the NFL, if you do it even once, you're cut from the team/harsh punishment comes down on you..?

I'm not too familiar with how DUI offenses work.

I think we cut Koren Robinson after his incident, Floyd was cut after his (I'm not sure if he was suspended for prior offenses) and I'm pretty sure Jared Allen was suspended in KC for his issues.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Floyd's moon have too dark of a side...? Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
I get that, but doesn't a multiple time offender and one time offender carry the same offense? Or, at least in the NFL, if you do it even once, you're cut from the team/harsh punishment comes down on you..?

you're not getting my point.

i'm talking about a person's behavior, and their likelihood to re-offend. not NFL penalties.

kparty69

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of having Floyd and Treadwell on the field run blocking at the same time is awesome! Both are outstanding run blockers. I don't think that signing Floyd would hinder Treadwell's development at all because Shurmur said he wants to use more of a rotation at WR to keep fresh legs on the field. I'm hoping that we can sign Floyd to a contract similar to Mike Remmers where it is an affordable multi year contract that allows us to keep him longer for cheap incase he does break out and have a good season, but also gives the Vikings an out after each year should something happen. Two of my favorite Vikings in Cris Carter and Jared Allen both started had some rocky starts to their careers, but were able to make some lifestyle changes and get back on the right track.

Michael Floyd is 10 times the WR that Charles Johnson was and would be an excellent replacement for him on the roster. For those of you saying that Floyd is only a WR 2 or 3 I completely disagree. Floyd has only had one 1,000 yard season in his career, but I don't think his stats reflect his talent. Floyd only started in 3 games as a rookie, but then was able to break 1,000 yards by his second season. In Floyd's third season he was still able to manage 841 yards despite losing Palmer to a season ending injury after only 6 weeks. In his fourth season Floyd had 849 yards on a team that had two other WR's both go over 1,000 yards (Fitzgerald and Brown). Then this past season Floyd did have a down year even before his DUI and getting cut, but I think last seasons performance is a bit of an anomaly. He has had a season or two with poor conditioning, but a properly motivated Floyd could easily be the WR 1B to Stefon Diggs WR1A.
Robb_K

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope The Vikings sign Floyd. They need more depth at WR, and another wideout with speed that can stretch the defence deep, and can make catches on deep patterns, and is reliable in the red zone. He is also a very good downfield blocker. After 2 poor seasons, and hardly being used by The Patriots, I think he is already highly motivated to save his NFL career, and, so, will be very careful to avoid behavior problems. To come to a good opportunity like this, with a playoff-bound team where he could start, I believe he'd accept a team-friendly contract that would assure The Vikings of keeping him for a few more years if they want him, and would give them an out at the end of Year 1 and year 2, if he is not working out. They need WR depth and an upgrade on #2 or #3, and he is likely the highest quality they can get without giving up player assets.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will probably see more action on Floyd after Tuesday of next week.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
Purplexing

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Floyd's moon have too dark of a side...? Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
Purplexing wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

Oh, ok. DUIs should prevent you from pursuing any profession because you migh drive drunk. Got it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZkouut-9RQ
byuvike88

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
We will probably see more action on Floyd after Tuesday of next week.

Yeah I'm glad he won't count against the comp picks if they do sign him after

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Floyd's moon have too dark of a side...? Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
Purplexing wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

Who said he can't pursue a job?

Just because someone is looking for work doesn't mean a company has to hire them.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Does Floyd's moon have too dark of a side...? Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
Purplexing wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

Who said he can't pursue a job?

That is the logical end of Purplexing's reasoning: because Floyd can and may drive a car drunk, he should not be allowed to play football, or at least not for the Vikings. His position has nothing to do with Floyd's ability on the football field. Presumably, Floyd would still be able to drive a car drunk if he played for the Packers or Texans or another NFL team. So should he not be signed by any of them? If not an NFL team, what about McDonald's? Walmart? Goldman Sachs?

“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: