Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Does Floyd's moon have too dark of a side...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robb_K wrote:
Maybe The Vikings should cut Floyd, and sign Boldin, to push Treadwell in Camp and the preseason. If he ends up beating Treadwell for the main 3rd sure hands short-to middle receiving threat, Treadwell wasn't improving enough, and The Vikings have another reliable red zone target.

I must be the only one who's never had any interest in bringing Boldin into the Vikings' clan at any point of his career whatsoever...and have even less now at the age of 36. He's been a nice receiver and a borderline HOFer, but he's never been what the Vikings need. They've had more than their share of possession receivers...which is exactly what he is.

Thx to Lil Uno!
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Officially a 4 game suspension.

I'll guess that it's dropped down to 2 games after an appeal.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Robb_K wrote:
Maybe The Vikings should cut Floyd, and sign Boldin, to push Treadwell in Camp and the preseason. If he ends up beating Treadwell for the main 3rd sure hands short-to middle receiving threat, Treadwell wasn't improving enough, and The Vikings have another reliable red zone target.

I must be the only one who's never had any interest in bringing Boldin into the Vikings' clan at any point of his career whatsoever...and have even less now at the age of 36. He's been a nice receiver and a borderline HOFer, but he's never been what the Vikings need. They've had more than their share of possession receivers...which is exactly what he is.

They need red zone help, unless Treadwell steps up big. Boldin has sticky fingers and runs short routes well. He'd be insurance against Treadwell not getting there quickly - especially with Floyd out for 4 games. I do hope an appeal knocks it down to 2 games.
solidvikingfan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robb_K wrote:
disaacs wrote:
Robb_K wrote:

They need red zone help, unless Treadwell steps up big. Boldin has sticky fingers and runs short routes well. He'd be insurance against Treadwell not getting there quickly - especially with Floyd out for 4 games. I do hope an appeal knocks it down to 2 games.

They signed Floyd to give them a deep threat which they don't consistently get out of their current players and Boldin is no help in that regard aside from the rumors being he'd rather be closer to his Florida home not really being in the Vikings favor as well.

I'd also assume he's not getting any reduction of his suspension since he had to go back to court for the parole violation hearing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

solidvikingfan wrote:

I'd also assume he's not getting any reduction of his suspension since he had to go back to court for the parole violation hearing.

I agree. They're not going to lower the suspension.

The magnitude of what has happened since his initial arrest for his second DWI with the tea or whatever it was and him being convicted for an "extreme DUI" is too much for it to be knocked down.

I'm perfectly fine with 4 games. It could have been worse....
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is is first incident since entering the NFL. First time offenders generally only get 2 game suspensions. Yes, the extreme nature of the DUI allows the NFL to hand out a harsher punishment, but that also simply allows them to appear stricter against this type of behavior. We've seen it before with players who violate the substance abuse policy, and they generally get their suspension reduced. The 4game suspension looks perfectly planned for an appeal, and to get dropped down to 2 games, the standard punishment for first time offenders.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
This is is first incident since entering the NFL. First time offenders generally only get 2 game suspensions. Yes, the extreme nature of the DUI allows the NFL to hand out a harsher punishment, but that also simply allows them to appear stricter against this type of behavior. We've seen it before with players who violate the substance abuse policy, and they generally get their suspension reduced. The 4game suspension looks perfectly planned for an appeal, and to get dropped down to 2 games, the standard punishment for first time offenders.

While I see what you're saying about "first time offender," Floyd's case isn't as simple as him driving drunk, getting a DUI, and that was that.

If that's what happened, I can see it getting bumped two games. But it's all the stuff after with the kombucha tea and him violating the terms of his non-drinking probation is what is probably going to keep it at a 4-game.

I think 6 games would have been "planned" for a bump down to 4 games.
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see the Kombucha tea bein an issue with the NFL. The judge didn't find it a big enough deal to really effect the terms of his parole, and the Vikings were fully supportive in the tea defense. With having the team basically take fault for providing the tea, is the NFL really going to hold that against him?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
I can't see the Kombucha tea bein an issue with the NFL. The judge didn't find it a big enough deal to really effect the terms of his parole, and the Vikings were fully supportive in the tea defense. With having the team basically take fault for providing the tea, is the NFL really going to hold that against him?

But you really think it's a small enough issue where they're going to give him a 2-game suspension down from 4 and say "Well, it was his first DUI and he's been a model citizen throughout his career"? Granted, it wasn't a big deal from the judge but he did spend a day in jail from it. But, like I said earlier....all of this hasn't been your average "Player A gets popped for DUI, gets out of jail with a fine/probation, and that's that." Floyd spent 24 days in jail and 96 days of house arrest and got into a bit of trouble later in his house arrest.

Why should Floyd's case of DUI be on the same level as the standard DUI in the NFL? Should ALL DUIs be considered equal in the league no matter what the severity/punishment is?

I still don't see it getting appealed down to two games simply because NFL doesn't want to set the precedent of doing such a thing as I mentioned above. IMO, his DUI should be treated a bit more firm than the "standard" DUI in the NFL's eyes.

As a Vikings FAN, I want to see it down to 2 games. As a human, I think the punishment fits fine. And for what it's worth, I still think the tea excuse is B.S. Per the producers of Kombucha, that it takes 8 bottles of Kombucha to get the same "buzz" as one beer and Floyd blew a .055. Riiiiiiiight.......... Laughing

I guess we'll see what happens with his suspension...
Cearbhall

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd had to spend another day in jail because the judge found him in violation. If the judge concluded he was guilty of violating terms it would be a stretch to think that the NFL wouldn't find him guilty in their eyes. The NFL is almost always tougher than judges in their findings against players. I would be pretty surprised if Floyd got his suspension reduced to two games.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 4 games is fair punishment, and I also think Laquon Treadwell will be fine stepping into the #3 role to start the season...

and perhaps longer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: