Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Does Floyd's moon have too dark of a side...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DocHambone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
Found guilty and sentenced to one day in jail and has to complete his five remaining days of house arrest.

Basically, the judge bought the Kombucha tea defense.

Not really. This is typical for a low level offense probation violation. In larger counties 'sentences' are rarely harsh.
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An extreme DUI isn't a low level offense.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:

Despite the wording, yes it is. Certainly not something a prosecutor would like to go to trial over. I don't know AZ laws, but his level of DUI is a GM in Minnesota. These are dime a dozen cases for the county attorney.
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DocHambone wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:

Despite the wording, yes it is. Certainly not something a prosecutor would like to go to trial over. I don't know AZ laws, but his level of DUI is a GM in Minnesota. These are dime a dozen cases for the county attorney.

It's a felony in AZ.

Quote:
In Arizona, most DUI offenses are classified as misdemeanors. However, Extreme and Aggravated DUIs and are both felony offenses in Arizona.

http://www.jacksonwhitelaw.com/criminal-defense-law/dui-felony-arizona/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
DocHambone wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:

It's a felony in AZ.

Quote:
In Arizona, most DUI offenses are classified as misdemeanors. However, Extreme and Aggravated DUIs and are both felony offenses in Arizona.

I understand this. Crime classifications are not much more than a concept and just dictate the max penalty one can receive (not what one will receive). Its still a dime a dozen case and the county attorneys office doesn't want to waste time going to trial with these type of cases. Relatively speaking, to what a county ends up charging out, its a low level offense.
Worm Guts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the kombucha defense does provide some doubt, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was the standard punishment for a first violation with a low number.
Also remember he has to blow 6 times a day, so I doubt he a full night of drinking.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spielman: When we signed Michael Floyd, we hoped he would show signs of improvement and we continue to expect that he shows progress and a professional attitude. We believe Michael will be a productive member of the Vikings organization, both on and off the field. Pursuant to the ruling of the Arizona Court earlier today, Michael will serve the remainder of his sentence and we expect him to be with the team at the start of training camp in Mankato when the players report on July 26.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/26/vikings-release-statement-supporting-michael-floyd/

Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is speculation that Floyd may face a longer suspension due to his most recent incident:

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/06/type-nfl-suspension-will-michael-floyd-face/

We've discussed a 2 game ban before any of this occurred. What do you think MF would get if Goodell punishes him further?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DocHambone wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:
DocHambone wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:

It's a felony in AZ.

Quote:

I understand this. Crime classifications are not much more than a concept and just dictate the max penalty one can receive (not what one will receive). Its still a dime a dozen case and the county attorneys office doesn't want to waste time going to trial with these type of cases. Relatively speaking, to what a county ends up charging out, its a low level offense.

Living in AZ, I can tell you that they take driving while intoxicated very seriously. It doesn't take much to get in trouble. I don't drink and drive, so I don't pay attention to the laws or how they change, but I know when I first moved here that if you had anything in your system, or any reading what so ever on a breathalyzer, you were getting at least a misdemeanor. The penalties for those misdemeanors also were pretty harsh (I think you had the option of paying something like a 5-digit fine somewhere like $50K plus, or going to a work camp for a week). It was explained to me that the reason stuff is so strict down here, and this may be completely wrong, was because of the Mexican immigrant and Native American population being so high along with less work for those demographics resulted in a higher use of alcohol by those demographics. This was then linked to drunk driving and alcohol related accidents and deaths, which at some point was very very bad in the state, though I believe it has gotten much better.

Either way, it felt like Floyd was getting off easy for the offense having happened in AZ.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Vikings wide receiver Michael Floyd sold his kombucha tea defense to an Arizona judge and his skeptical head coach, Mike Zimmer.

Zimmer and Floyd talked over the telephone shortly after news broke about him failing three self-administered Breathalyzer tests June 10-11.

I said, If I find out youre lying to me, Im going to cut you, Zimmer said.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/07/13/vikings-mike-zimmer-to-michael-floyd-youd-better-not-be-lying/

Thx to Lil Uno!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Quote:
I said, If I find out youre lying to me, Im going to cut you, Zimmer said.

and he probably didn't mean from the roster.

disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's the case, Zim needs to calm down a little, as violence isn't the answer. Laughing

Thx to Lil Uno!
Robb_K

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe The Vikings should cut Floyd, and sign Boldin, to push Treadwell in Camp and the preseason. If he ends up beating Treadwell for the main 3rd sure hands short-to middle receiving threat, Treadwell wasn't improving enough, and The Vikings have another reliable red zone target.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zimmer: Do I believe it? I dont know how much tea he drank. I have no clue. I dont have any doubt why thered be skepticism, but he told me that he wasnt drinking. That it was legit.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/13/mike-zimmer-threatened-michael-floyd-with-release-if-he-lied/

PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general, people really want to believe that an addict has cleaned up their life (to be clear, addiction is a disease, and by cleaned up I mean taken control of it even though it is always there). It's the general hopefulness of our species. In practice? Well, stats aren't kind to the likelihood of it being true from what I've read (though that was years and years ago, maybe things have changed).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: