You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Does Floyd's moon have too dark of a side...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stokely

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's possible...then there's likely.

When you see BAC dropping in the late hours of the night (or really early morning) I know what is very likely: that he's coming down from doing some drinking. Chugging a number of teas (or whatever that stuff is) in the very early hours...not very likely.

Then you add it the whole "most bottled stuff is not that alcoholic" and it becomes even less likely.

But end of the day it probably doesn't matter, as he's responsible for what goes in his body (or should be). Just like all these guys that end up supposedly getting something from GNC that test positive for performance enhancement...not likely.

For his sake though (forget the Vikes for a moment) I hope that's all it is. He's obviously had a problem in the past and if it got the best of him again, then hopefully he gets the help he needs.
vikesfan89

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolmonite26 wrote:
You guys do realize this young man has a dangerous addiction and it seems to be pretty determined to destroy his life, so you know maybe....do not judge and you will not be judged....just saying.

I don't know much about alcoholism, but can alcoholics usually go 3 months without drinking? It seems like he was doing pretty up until this point, unless he was being closely monitored before or something extra tempted him
Dolmonite26

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesfan89 wrote:
Dolmonite26 wrote:
You guys do realize this young man has a dangerous addiction and it seems to be pretty determined to destroy his life, so you know maybe....do not judge and you will not be judged....just saying.

I don't know much about alcoholism, but can alcoholics usually go 3 months without drinking? It seems like he was doing pretty up until this point, unless he was being closely monitored before or something extra tempted him

I could go 3 months without my own personal vice, but your demons don't give up on you easily.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave up drinking Mountain Dew cold turkey in my 20s, I quit smoking cold turkey in my 30s, and now I've completely quit drinking soda altogether cold turkey in my 40s. The worst of the bunch was quitting Mountain Dew...it was worse than quitting smoking.

Now, I'm probably unique, but a lot of the quitting for me has been purely mental. Day 1 after quitting is easy, it's Days 2 and beyond that are the hard part. It is easy to fall back off the wagon if not truly ready.

Lord only knows how many times I had quit smoking for even a couple of months, but then had just one and it didn't take long to get back to the same as before. It's now been 10 years, and don't miss it in the least.

Thx to Lil Uno!
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I'm surprised by this news. He has an addiction. Not everyone can overcome that easily. Trusting him to be on this roster all year is, was, and will be, a mistake, IMO. It is that trust that would keep them from acquiring another WR, should one come available. It's about the roster spot, and about opportunity cost, to me. Didn't like the signing at the time, like it a lot less now.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to his effort to avoid jail for violating the terms of his house arrest, Vikings receiver Michael Floyd has an ally: His employer. According to Brian Murphy of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Vikings C.O.O. Kevin Warren sent a letter to the presiding judge supporting Floyd’s claim that he didn’t know kombucha tea contains alcohol.

“I am writing to request Mr. Floyd not have his court mandated requirements negatively impacted since he did not know the kombucha he ingested contained alcohol,” Warren wrote in the letter dated June 21.

In a sworn affidavit, Floyd said the team encourages players to drink the tea for health reasons, and that it is “on tap” at the team’s training facility. (That may not be the best choice of words.) Floyd also hired a forensic pathologist to explain that, because Floyd purchased a case of kombucha tea without refrigerating it, additional fermentation occurred, elevating its alcohol content.

Perhaps most importantly for Floyd’s case, the forensic pathologist concluded that, based on Floyd’s explanation regarding the amount of kombucha tea he ingested before failing multiple home alcohol tests, the time frame during which he drank it, and the blood-alcohol concentration that was measured, the numbers are “achievable and consistent” from consuming kombucha tea “to a reasonable degree of medical and scientific certainty.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/24/vikings-support-michael-floyds-kombucha-tea-defense/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Heavydan85

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
No one consumes Kombucha tea without knowledge that it contains alcohol.

I would say a lot don't know when going to buy it, because they get shocked when you ask for id on some of them (some don't have enough to require a check).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I didn't miss it. The issue I have with Mr. Kalbrosky's math is that he's basing the math on the low end of the possibility of alcohol in kombucha. The typical high end actually is 2.5% of alcohol by volume, which is stronger than what he indicates as the weakest beer (is that Natty Light, perchance?)

But, based on other reports, which brought the federal government into examining Whole Foods, the kombucha that was sold in Whole Foods initially tended to come in higher than that 2.5%, at which point it's supposed to be regulated as an alcoholic drink.

There are other variables as well, considering the time that it takes for shipping purposes could cause it to ferment longer, therefore making the alcohol even stronger than what's listed (since it's measured at the production point, not the store).

Again, I'm not excusing him completely since he should have known enough to at least ask about it in his position, but I can reasonably understand why it may not have crossed his mind that the possibility even existed, as it didn't exist in mine.

Light beers are typically 4.2ish. That is more like that low calorie beers. Bud select 55 or whatever.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
When it comes to his effort to avoid jail for violating the terms of his house arrest, Vikings receiver Michael Floyd has an ally: His employer. According to Brian Murphy of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Vikings C.O.O. Kevin Warren sent a letter to the presiding judge supporting Floyd’s claim that he didn’t know kombucha tea contains alcohol.

“I am writing to request Mr. Floyd not have his court mandated requirements negatively impacted since he did not know the kombucha he ingested contained alcohol,” Warren wrote in the letter dated June 21.

In a sworn affidavit, Floyd said the team encourages players to drink the tea for health reasons, and that it is “on tap” at the team’s training facility. (That may not be the best choice of words.) Floyd also hired a forensic pathologist to explain that, because Floyd purchased a case of kombucha tea without refrigerating it, additional fermentation occurred, elevating its alcohol content.

Perhaps most importantly for Floyd’s case, the forensic pathologist concluded that, based on Floyd’s explanation regarding the amount of kombucha tea he ingested before failing multiple home alcohol tests, the time frame during which he drank it, and the blood-alcohol concentration that was measured, the numbers are “achievable and consistent” from consuming kombucha tea “to a reasonable degree of medical and scientific certainty.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/24/vikings-support-michael-floyds-kombucha-tea-defense/

Like I said, after I did the math using possibly realistic data, unlike the guy at USA Today, who just took the minimum numbers, it actually is possible to take Floyd at his word. The USA Today guy needed to a better job at research.

Thx to Lil Uno!
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully the courts let common sense win here, but ignorance and/or oversight by Floyd and the Vikings isn't an excuse, and the courts might not be so forgiving after handing Floyd such a lenient sentence.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
Hopefully the courts let common sense win here, but ignorance and/or oversight by Floyd and the Vikings isn't an excuse, and the courts might not be so forgiving after handing Floyd such a lenient sentence.

Whats common sense in this scenario? That he drank alcohol the night before and was still a little drunk when he blew into the breathalyzer? Just for reference, a guy his size would probably need to drink 3 beers(5%) in one hr to blow a .05. I think we'd be quite naive to think this is from Kombucha.
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DocHambone wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:

Whats common sense in this scenario? That he drank alcohol the night before and was still a little drunk when he blew into the breathalyzer? Just for reference, a guy his size would probably need to drink 3 beers(5%) in one hr to blow a .05. I think we'd be quite naive to think this is from Kombucha.

Please read some of the information above that makes it not that naïve to think so, considering the fermentation process of kombucha and how it's not always as it seems.

Thx to Lil Uno!
DocHambone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
DocHambone wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:

Please read some of the information above that makes it not that naïve to think so, considering the fermentation process of kombucha and how it's not always as it seems.

I have googled. Everything I've read states the ABV is between .5-2.5% ABV. Even giving him the benefit out the doubt and saying its on the high end (2.5% abv), that would require him to have about 6 12 oz btls of Kombucha in an hour and maintaining 2 per hour after that during his 'movie time'. Again, knowing Floyds hx with Alcohol, its pretty naive to think Kombucha is the likely culprit.
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found guilty and sentenced to one day in jail and has to complete his five remaining days of house arrest.

Basically, the judge bought the Kombucha tea defense.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DocHambone wrote:
disaacs wrote:
DocHambone wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:

I have googled. Everything I've read states the ABV is between .5-2.5% ABV. Even giving him the benefit out the doubt and saying its on the high end (2.5% abv), that would require him to have about 6 12 oz btls of Kombucha in an hour and maintaining 2 per hour after that during his 'movie time'. Again, knowing Floyds hx with Alcohol, its pretty naive to think Kombucha is the likely culprit.

Except that the fermentation of warm Kombucha theory was thrown in there, possibly increasing the ABV. I'm not an expert on this stuff by any means, but I heard somewhere that Floyd hired and was bringing someone who was more of an expert on the topic to explain how this works and the plausibility of his claims. Supposedly, what he has said could hold up in the realm of possibility. And to some extent, it seems to have done just that, what with him only getting a day in jail, which seems like quite a slap on the wrist.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: