You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post free agency and draft - who surprises this year?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Post free agency and draft - who surprises this year? Reply with quote

So with the free agency, draft and UDFA done, who are your players to surprise or break out this year? It can be any players we got this year, or stay overs from last years team.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
Raves

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Anzalone wins the starting job, even in our nickel packages, plays all 16 games, 130 tackles, 2 FF, 3 PBU.

Hendrickson wins the starting position at DE and has a solid season with 4 sacks, but Kikaha rotates in constantly to provide a stronger pass rush and provides 8 sacks while being able to stay healthier and fresher all season.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Post free agency and draft - who surprises this year? Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
So with the free agency, draft and UDFA done, who are your players to surprise or break out this year? It can be any players we got this year, or stay overs from last years team.

I say Alex Oakfor takes advantage of a unique situation and delivers a career best 11 sacks and earns a multi year extension next offseason from Saints.

As far as rookies Lattimore, Ramczyk and Anzalone all eventually earn starting jobs but it's Marcus Williams who emerges as the best rookie of them all in year one with 4 Int, 2 FF and 45 tackles.

WHODAT91FOREVER
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
I'd say Anzalone wins the starting job, even in our nickel packages, plays all 16 games, 130 tackles, 2 FF, 3 PBU.

Hendrickson wins the starting position at DE and has a solid season with 4 sacks, but Kikaha rotates in constantly to provide a stronger pass rush and provides 8 sacks while being able to stay healthier and fresher all season.

Would love this.

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
FLOODx

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Post free agency and draft - who surprises this year? Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:

I say Alex Oakfor takes advantage of a unique situation and delivers a career best 11 sacks and earns a multi year extension next offseason from Saints.

As far as rookies Lattimore, Ramczyk and Anzalone all eventually earn starting jobs but it's Marcus Williams who emerges as the best rookie of them all in year one with 4 Int, 2 FF and 45 tackles.

Okafor and Williams were the exact two guys I came in here to name. Okafor will be given every opportunity in the world to prove he can rush the passer, and as long as he can stay healthy I don't think 8-12 sacks is out of the question. As for Williams, I think DA will give him freedom to patrol the deep middle. Forcing turnovers was one of his strengths that I think carries over into the pros.

mike23md on the sig
saintsfan

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Peterson rushes for 1,200 yards and 12 TDs. Mark Ingram pouts and Payton turns him into a Fullback as punishment

Adopt A Saint 2016
WR Michael Thomas 92 catches 1,137 yards 9 TDs
SS Kenny Vaccaro 68 tackles 1 sack 2 FF 1 FR 2 INT 5 PD
Raves

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:
Adrian Peterson rushes for 1,200 yards and 12 TDs. Mark Ingram pouts and Payton turns him into a Fullback as punishment

If the Saints focus on their running game more, I could see the two combining for over 2000 yards and 18 TDs this season with ease. Really depends to how Payton reacts to the Saints probably starting the season with a tough schedule before it becomes much more manageable.
SWATcha

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
saintsfan wrote:

If the Saints focus on their running game more, I could see the two combining for over 2000 yards and 18 TDs this season with ease. Really depends to how Payton reacts to the Saints probably starting the season with a tough schedule before it becomes much more manageable.

Most likely be Payton's normal reaction. First time a run play goes for 0 or -1 yards, abandon the run for the rest of the year cuz it don't work! Rolling Eyes

PS: I'm praying that isn't the case. I would love to see the Saints maul people in the run game forcing teams to respect the run and allowing Brees to then do what he does best.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm drawing a blank, but who else goes by AD on the Saints? DeShazier was joking about the nickname with Adrian during his interview

Adopt A Saint 2016
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:
I'm drawing a blank, but who else goes by AD on the Saints? DeShazier was joking about the nickname with Adrian during his interview
Our defense makes everyone look like AD, maybe he was eluding to that? Lol
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually gonna go out on a limb and predict Payton was right for not drafting a DE. Jordan Kikaha Okafor combine for 30 sacks
saintsfan

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
saintsfan wrote:
Nope, he asked Peterson if he goes by AD or AP...he responded AD. Then DeShazier was like, oh we have an AD already, you guys will have to work that out. Peterson laughed and said, yeah but I'm older

Adopt A Saint 2016
FLOODx

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
saintsfan wrote:
Nope, he asked Peterson if he goes by AD or AP...he responded AD. Then DeShazier was like, oh we have an AD already, you guys will have to work that out. Peterson laughed and said, yeah but I'm older

DeShazier calls Pelicans games on the radio, so he was probably referring to Anthony Davis.

mike23md on the sig
saintsfan

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
saintsfan wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
saintsfan wrote:

DeShazier calls Pelicans games on the radio, so he was probably referring to Anthony Davis.
Ahhhh that makes sense

Adopt A Saint 2016
kelsobob

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breakout = Sheldon Rankins (unless you consider his partial rookie season a breakout) 8+ sacks and a true force in the middle.

Surprise = Tommylee Lewis
Gets more playing time with the absence of Cooks. Tyler Gabriel-esque
Different from breakout because I don't think his stats would be considered break out but more like a nice surprise.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: