Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Noah Brown or Brice Butler?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

?
Noah Brown
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Brice Butler
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

ManInTheMirror

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Noah Brown or Brice Butler? Reply with quote

One makes the 53 and one doesn't. Who do you choose to make it?

I realize it's early and as time wears on we will be more educated but I'm just curious as of right now, gun to the head, who do you choose?
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I've said it before... watch out for Noah Brown. They may not be able to put him on the practice squad without losing him. He's raw but he reminds me of Dez. He's big, uses his body and high points the ball. If he does well in training camp and preseason, I doubt they'll cut him.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack your bags Brice.

Kiltman on the sig
DaBoys

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gun to my head, right now? I'll take the guy that has already caught 4 TD passes from Dak Prescott. Not the guy who had 1 good game in college.

But, I hope Brown wins the competition out right.

Either way Butler is done after this year. Brown is cheaper, and if Devin Street is any indication of the Cowboys SOP, they are going to hold out hope for Brown for forever because he is a drafted WR. He could be horrible but I'll bet he'll be a Cowboy till the end. Just like Street. Butler not so much.

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Brown will surprise a couple people. Definitely see him beating out Butler.

^^^El Rammy
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown. Under contract for longer, cheaper, higher potential. If he busts, oh well you can find another Brice Butler anywhere.

Brice Butler is what he is at this point, an unreliable #4/5 receiver who makes a highlight play every once in a while. He's worth keeping on a roster, but I'd rather hang onto my draft pick, especially if Noah Brown does anything in TC/Preseason.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's a stretch to say Brown has a fairly big advantage physically and his potential is well above that of Butlers. But, what sets him apart is his blocking. It is one constant in every single scouting report I've seen.

Quote:
To your point, he’s awesome in the run game, and I’d imagine his proficiency and willingness to block was a major reason why the Cowboys took him. If there exists such a thing as a ‘versatile blocking game’ for a wide receiver, Brown has it.

Quote:
His blocking is good to the point where I’d be interested to see if Dallas’ offensive staff experiments with him in-line a little bit during preseason, just to see if he can do it. If not, then I’m sure they’ll be just fine with him sticking to crushing opposing corners.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017/5/3/15513296/what-can-cowboys-expect-from-rookie-wr-noah-brown-2017-nfl-draft

Quote:
Ranked 18th of all NCAA WRs in blocking grade in 2016, consistently pancakes and decleats defensive backs

Physical and competitive on crack blocks against both linebackers and safeties and looks to block through the whistle.

Quote:
He is one of the most fearless blockers in the draft class, and repeatedly put both linebackers and defensive back on the ground as a major cog in the Ohio State rushing attack.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-noah-brown-wr-ohio-state/

It's hard to not like a WR, who loves to get his hands dirty blocking. I'm hoping his receiving numbers and development have more to do with OSU offense and QB play than his ability.

Kiltman on the sig
cowboysdreamer

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will go with Noah Brown because he's an all around wide receiver that imitates Dez Bryant's game. When Bryant goes down to injury there's no one that can step up their game to fill in his absence. The guys an excellent blocker that helps the run game plus it adds another dimension to the 3 little guys in the receiver corps. He's not afraid to go across the middle, he's another big target in the end zone. The Cowboy's won't be forced to carry 4 tight ends with his blocking ability. Brice Butler had his opportunity but it wasn't all that good, TOO MANY PENALTIES.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
I don't think it's a stretch to say Brown has a fairly big advantage physically and his potential is well above that of Butlers. But, what sets him apart is his blocking. It is one constant in every single scouting report I've seen.

Quote:
To your point, he’s awesome in the run game, and I’d imagine his proficiency and willingness to block was a major reason why the Cowboys took him. If there exists such a thing as a ‘versatile blocking game’ for a wide receiver, Brown has it.

Quote:
His blocking is good to the point where I’d be interested to see if Dallas’ offensive staff experiments with him in-line a little bit during preseason, just to see if he can do it. If not, then I’m sure they’ll be just fine with him sticking to crushing opposing corners.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017/5/3/15513296/what-can-cowboys-expect-from-rookie-wr-noah-brown-2017-nfl-draft

Quote:
Ranked 18th of all NCAA WRs in blocking grade in 2016, consistently pancakes and decleats defensive backs

Physical and competitive on crack blocks against both linebackers and safeties and looks to block through the whistle.

Quote:
He is one of the most fearless blockers in the draft class, and repeatedly put both linebackers and defensive back on the ground as a major cog in the Ohio State rushing attack.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-noah-brown-wr-ohio-state/

It's hard to not like a WR, who loves to get his hands dirty blocking. I'm hoping his receiving numbers and development have more to do with OSU offense and QB play than his ability.

I think you underestimate Brice's physique. He is clearly a speciman. Frankly he is a little more athletic then Brown.

Although we know what we get with Brice. Im more interested what we could be with Brown.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
atran35

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either.

Brice has deep speed just needs to catch the deep ball. But we already got the BODY CATCHER for that.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah if I were a Brown advocate I wouldn't start by challenging Butler as an athlete. Physically Butler is fine. It's not the physical that effs him up. He's 6'3" which makes him taller than most recievers and he is pretty darn fast with some hops. At 215 and that height/speed combo, he is pretty much the prototype. That's why we traded for him. Without looking at the numbers I would assume he is quicker than the 225 pound Noah Brown.

Butler has questionable hands, probably no where near Brown as a blocker, and has been on the wrong end of few outstanding bone head plays. The mental kills him.

Obviously hard to compare without seeing Brown play NFL football yet. Excited to read about Brown as a blocker. Butlers physical talents are useless unless he can get his head together.

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
resilient

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Separation plus handzz. Whomever is better is who I want!!!
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early favorite has to be Butler. He knows the system / has synced up with Dak.

It would be great it Brown wins it outright - but I suspect Brown is more so fighting to make them keep 6 WRs than pushing Butler out.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown. I think he has potential to be a very solid #3 or even #2 if developed.

Dez
Williams
Beasley
Switzer
Brown
Jones

I actually wish they could keep 6 if Andy Brown shows out in training camp AND delivers in preseason. I don't know why but I still believe in Andy Jones.
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think Brown is intended to be back up for Dez if he goes down...they are basically the same guy. Good, but not great size...makes tough catches in close coverage...great blocker and team guy.

Butler is insurance in case TWill goes down. I don't think Brown pushes Butler off the roster, but he will push Andy Jones off the 53 squad and be inactive on most game days.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: