Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Was trading down with the Texans the correct move?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Was trading down the best option?
Yes
92%
 92%  [ 23 ]
No
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

Ether

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes

Like some others said I feel like there is a good chance the Texans are picking higher next year than this. They benefitted big time from playing in the AFC South, and I can see the all 3 of those other teams being tougher this year.

I view the opportunity cost being Hooker, I think that is who we take if we stay put. I like Hooker on our team more than Peppers, I think we were slightly stronger at SS than FS coming in (but lulzy at both), Hooker is considered a better prospect, Peppers is a better pick for the culture though (and we don't have one right now), so I like that pick too.

Won't know for like 3 years though.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Right move. Ask yourself this, DB was the position we were after. Is Hooker light years ahead of Peppers? Is Hooker worth more than Peppers and a potential top 10 pick?

Might be too early to tell but I think we did very well.

that is all

Mastercheddar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
The main reason I say yes is that it gives us that extra 1st next year in case Kizer doesn't look great, and we love a 1st round QB. I don't think we pick #1 next year, so we need all the ammo we can get.

I obviously loved Malik, but I also trust G. Williams if this is the guy he thought would be best for him.

Pretty much my thoughts.

And the more I find out about Jabrill Peppers, the more I lament writing him off. The position he will play is a critical spot for this defensive scheme. Much more than deep safety. Then when you factor in the intensity and fun that he brings to every aspect of the game, it might end up being the best pick of the draft as far as building a championship culture.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easily the right move.

Alternative facts (aka Trump facts) The Cleveland Browns are the greatest franchise in all of sports history.
bruceb

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
I would have rather had OJ since he would have helped the pass game and run game with his blocking. but I guess we have to see what happens next year with that pick.

I think we could have gotten peppers in the 2nd.

Njoku can be all Howard can be.

Cannot say the same for Peppers vs. Hooker.

Getting th #1 2018 pick clinches it for me, but I will interested in watching Peppers' and Hooker's careers.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
I would have rather had OJ since he would have helped the pass game and run game with his blocking. but I guess we have to see what happens next year with that pick.

Getting th #1 2018 pick clinches it for me, but I will interested in watching Peppers' and Hooker's careers.

Peppers can not be all that Hooker can be, but.... Hooker also can not be all that Peppers can be.

They are 2 entirely different players, playing 2 entirely different roles and positions.

Peppers can be, and will be I believe, every bit as good at his role, if not better, than Hooker will be at his role.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
bruceb wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

Peppers can not be all that Hooker can be, but.... Hooker also can not be all that Peppers can be.

They are 2 entirely different players, playing 2 entirely different roles and positions.

Peppers can be, and will be I believe, every bit as good at his role, if not better, than Hooker will be at his role.

Also, either player could just suck.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
bruceb wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

I don't expect either player to suck. It could happen, I just simply do not expect it to happen. I honestly can envision them being team mates in the probowl for a lot of years together.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
bruceb wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

I don't expect either player to suck. It could happen, I just simply do not expect it to happen. I honestly can envision them being team mates in the probowl for a lot of years together.

Most people don't expect them to suck, that's why they are first round picks.

Of course about half of those first round picks eventually suck....

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
bruceb wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

Most people don't expect them to suck, that's why they are first round picks.

Of course about half of those first round picks eventually suck....

DawgLB's dates have an even higher percentage.
pnies20

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely
bruceb

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
bruceb wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

Good points.

That's pretty much is why I cannot compare them at this time.

I need to see their contributions/impact(s) on the field.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Browns were the smartest guys in the room for once, yes
jkb_63

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted Yes, because on its face I thought I saw a definitive plan come together for a 2018 Franchise QB and using the 2017 Draft to build up our defense mainly.

The selection of Kizer, instead of a high probability starter in the defensive backfield (in arguably the deepest position group draft since our '99 return), has thrown some doubt in that speculation. I realize that it was a high value pick. I realize that maybe, just maybe, we drafted a developmental QB with some good tools who could actually pan out...but maybe not. Question is, how long do you give Kizer to develop and do positive signs of development cause us to not be as aggressive in moving up for a higher probability Franchise QB in 2018? I don't like those questions, those questions are potentially devastating if answered wrongly.

So yes, I like the trade, but I'm hesitant to call it a slam dunk.
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
The Browns were the smartest guys in the room for once, yes

Perfectly said Laughing

Thanks Reg!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: