You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stock Watch: The 2018 QB's
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MP

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Stock Watch: The 2018 QB's Reply with quote

After not drafting a QB in the 2017 draft, it's quite obvious the Jets will see what they have in house with Petty and Hackenberg. With the interview Woody Johnson had today, it's also obvious that the Jets are going to try and stop taking short cuts to building a winning team. So using common sense here, it's all about the class of 2018.

Sam Darnold
Josh Rosen
Josh Allen
Lamar Jackson
Mason Rudolph
Luke Falk
Jarrett Stidham
Jake Browning
Nick Fitzgerald
Chase Litton

So I'm just curious as I will bump this thread periodically over the course of the college year, who are you top guys right now? Favorite sleepers? Who will come out of no where like Trubisky?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: Stock Watch: The 2018 QB's Reply with quote

MP wrote:
After not drafting a QB in the 2017 draft, it's quite obvious the Jets will see what they have in house with Petty and Hackenberg. With the interview Woody Johnson had today, it's also obvious that the Jets are going to try and stop taking short cuts to building a winning team. So using common sense here, it's all about the class of 2018.

Sam Darnold
Josh Rosen
Josh Allen
Lamar Jackson
Mason Rudolph
Luke Falk
Jarrett Stidham
Jake Browning
Nick Fitzgerald
Chase Litton

So I'm just curious as I will bump this thread periodically over the course of the college year, who are you top guys right now? Favorite sleepers? Who will come out of no where like Trubisky?

If Josh Rosen, is back from that nerve injury 100% he is the guy we got watch real close. He is a smart kid with a great arm, and is a big kid. My relatives on the west coast say he is 100% healed up. Wheather I believe my relative is another story.
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a big Sam Darnold fan. However, I think the name to watch is Jarrett Stidham. I wouldn't be surprised to see him be a 1st round pick even if he comes from unconventional offenses.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
jetfuel

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darnold and Rosen are the cream of the crop for the 18 class. They will go 1 and 2 in the 18 draft. Jackson has bust written all over him. He has bad feet and decision making. He locks on to one guy and waits way to long. I would have taken 3 or 4 QB in this years draft over Jackson.

My surprise pick is Mason Rudolph. I think he will be a top 6 pick. I do think QB will go 1 and 2 along with another QB between 3-6. Mason will be that guy.
BJets512

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me it's Allen then Darnold. Rosen scares me with his injury history as well as his off the field behavior. I get he's a college kid but he kind of reminds me of Matt Leinart off of the field.

Allen reminds me of a combo of Roethlisberger and Wentz. I'm really intrigued.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should just make this a overall college football thread so we don't have to make different threads when the season start.

If Hack doesn't work out, I'd be happy with Rosen, Allen, Darnold. Rosen have to show me more maturity this season and real leadership skills. Rosen is still my favorite, but it's close.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved Falk after thinking he would be in this draft class. Such a smart accurate QB with a good but not great skill set.

He's probably going to be one of those guys that drops to the high 2nd because he doesn't have the cannon arm but I think he's going to be really good.

Also I want to watch more of Jackson. If he can throw from the pocket man is he going to be tough with that Vick-like elusiveness.

If even half of these guys live up to the hype we could be in position for a very good QB next year.

Props to Mack on the sig
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's early yet, but my favorite as of now is Josh Allen. Obvious comparisons to Carson Wentz, but I think he will be rated higher than Wentz was. Darnold would be next, followed by Rosen and then Rudolph.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously all eyes will be on Darold though. He's got the chance to be the next great QB. He's got the size, arm, accuracy to be the next Luck.

Props to Mack on the sig
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/5/2/15488230/quarterback-hype-2017-baker-mayfield-lamar-jackson-sam-darnold

Some info on most of the guys MP listed above. The exciting thing about the 2018 draft, besides it being strong for OT and CB, is that it will make up for the last 2 drafts in terms of QBs. We could potentially see the record of 6 QBs taken in the first round tied or even broken.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BJets512 wrote:
To me it's Allen then Darnold. Rosen scares me with his injury history as well as his off the field behavior. I get he's a college kid but he kind of reminds me of Matt Leinart off of the field.

Allen reminds me of a combo of Roethlisberger and Wentz. I'm really intrigued.

What off field problems did Rosen have?
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darnold: we have a small sample size of him right now. While that sample size looked good... it's still not enough to say he's a cant miss prospect at the next level. What he does this next season will solidify his spot.

Rosen: He has the experience, but with getting injured last year he has to show more. Like Darnold, he has the skill set it's just showing he can do it for a whole season at a high level that will decide his spot.

Allen: His question all year and even throughout the process will be much like Wentz's. Level of competition. He threw 5 INTs last year against Nebraska for example. Really the only big program he played. If he can polish his skill set he should be right there with Darnold and Rosen.

Jackson: At this stage he's a running qb that can throw. He will have to show more this season to reverse that. Struggled with accuracy last year and it got hidden bc of receivers being so wide open bc of Jackson creating with his legs. Not saying he cant do it, its just not something I see happening bc Louisville wins games bc of his current style. We will see.

Browning: Browning is my sleeper. I see a poor man's Andrew Luck in his game. A tad undersized compared to the other guys, but still plenty big enough. He can move well but still would rather throw than run.

Every other QB on the list I haven't seen enough of to post an opinion about, but we will see. Hopefully for all of us this we don't care about moist these guys until the mid rounds bc Hack goes out this season and shows he can play in this league.
Rich51

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darnold's my favorite, right now. He took a 1-2 team and led they to a 10-3 record, winning 9 in a row and barely missing out on the playoffs. Mason Rudolph has had two 10 win seasons in a row and is probably my number 2. Rosen and Allen have a ton of potential but ,imo, they need to win more than 8 games. If they do, I would have them, along with Rudolph as my 2-4. If they come out, all of them could be early first rounders.

Mayfield is my 5th. I love Mayfield. i know he's too small yadi yadi yadi da... but he wins, had the number one passer rating, highest completion percentage,highest completion percentage under pressure (for two yrs in a row), highest yards per attempt, was PFF number 1 QB, and has the best accuracy over 20 yards (which is why he had the highest yards per attempt, not just because he was throwing screens to Mixon). If he wins again this year without Mixon, Perine and Westbrook, has 9.25" hands and a velocity of about 54-56, imo he will be in consideration for a late first round selection. I know it's a lot of ifs. He's also had some off field issues and needs to clean up his act but he has taken responsibility for his actions from what I read.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two guys are Darnold and Browning. Rosen scares me more than any prospect as of now. Just very overhyped and underwhelming.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darnold has the "IT" factor. He's gotta be our #1 target barring a big drop in play or an injury

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: