Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos sign RB Jamaal Charles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 24121
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm mostly for this because I've seen it make some KC fans (not on this board) have meltdowns. Twisted Evil

I have reservations about what role he'll actually have on the team, but it's a classic Elway risk-reward signing.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncoSojia


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 2805
Location: Mississippi
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd pissed if one of our more prominent players went to go play for a division rival. Laughing

Von Miller would be nearly dead to me if he signed with the Raiders and then said "my childhood dream was to play with the Raiders". Screw that.
_________________
Fan of the 3 time champion Broncos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefer


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 13774
Location: Somewhere in an Arizona Desert...
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denver though really?

They just became a contender all over again dangit
_________________
game3525 wrote:
Death, taxes, Andy Reid coming off a bye week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncosFan2010


Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 3833
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Von Miller would be nearly dead to me if he signed with the Raiders and then said "my childhood dream was to play with the Raiders". Screw that.


You think Miller would not be justified to sign with whoever the hell he wanted if we cut him? Free Agency is one thing, but if you cut a guy, you make no attempt to bring him back, then you should expect nothing in terms of loyalty from him. If we cut Von and he signed with OAK, I would have zero issue.

Such a difference between a team jettisoning a player via cutting and that player leaving via FA. IDK how anyone can equate the two.

Quote:
They just became a contender all over again dangit


No we didn't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncoSojia


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 2805
Location: Mississippi
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

Von Miller would be nearly dead to me if he signed with the Raiders and then said "my childhood dream was to play with the Raiders". Screw that.


You think Miller would not be justified to sign with whoever the hell he wanted if we cut him? Free Agency is one thing, but if you cut a guy, you make no attempt to bring him back, then you should expect nothing in terms of loyalty from him. If we cut Von and he signed with OAK, I would have zero issue.

Such a difference between a team jettisoning a player via cutting and that player leaving via FA. IDK how anyone can equate the two.

Quote:
They just became a contender all over again dangit


No we didn't.


He could do whatever he wants. Doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. Laughing
_________________
Fan of the 3 time champion Broncos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 13126
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he's healthy then he could be a great signing for the Broncos. A healthy Charles + that defense could get the team back to the playoffs.
_________________
A conference call is the best way for a dozen people to say “bye” 300 times.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cutler06


Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 10419
Location: Westminster
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piquel wrote:
samsel23 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
Everyone looks awful in a Bronco uni.


FIFY



Not true. Some people look like they belong in a Bronco's uniform.



What a cute picture of you Piquel, working out one of your fantasies I'm guessing ??

Denver needs more playmakers on offense, if he's healthy that's just what Charles is !! Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Piquel


Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Posts: 742
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Piquel wrote:
samsel23 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
Everyone looks awful in a Bronco uni.


FIFY



Not true. Some people look like they belong in a Bronco's uniform.



What a cute picture of you Piquel, working out one of your fantasies I'm guessing ??

Denver needs more playmakers on offense, if he's healthy that's just what Charles is !! Laughing



It was just a phase I went through while I was in college Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
Troy Brown wrote:
It's NFL general. I said something so that means everything I didn't include in my post is 100 percent true.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 90794
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoSojia wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

Von Miller would be nearly dead to me if he signed with the Raiders and then said "my childhood dream was to play with the Raiders". Screw that.


You think Miller would not be justified to sign with whoever the hell he wanted if we cut him? Free Agency is one thing, but if you cut a guy, you make no attempt to bring him back, then you should expect nothing in terms of loyalty from him. If we cut Von and he signed with OAK, I would have zero issue.

Such a difference between a team jettisoning a player via cutting and that player leaving via FA. IDK how anyone can equate the two.

Quote:
They just became a contender all over again dangit


No we didn't.


He could do whatever he wants. Doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. Laughing


Laughing Pretty much how i feel. When Favre was traded and then wound up in Minny i dont see how everyone sees that as a traitor
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 17956
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoSojia wrote:
I'd pissed if one of our more prominent players went to go play for a division rival. Laughing

Von Miller would be nearly dead to me if he signed with the Raiders and then said "my childhood dream was to play with the Raiders". Screw that.
He was cut by KC so no chance I'd ever be mad at a player that was cut by my team for going to any rival team.
_________________

El ramster on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 7903
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoSojia wrote:
I'd pissed if one of our more prominent players went to go play for a division rival. Laughing

Von Miller would be nearly dead to me if he signed with the Raiders and then said "my childhood dream was to play with the Raiders". Screw that.


Save this quote Laughing . Miller will look good in a new uni in about 4/5 years.
_________________
El ramster wrote:
bertuzzi wrote:
Goff and Gurley are the worst QB-RB combo in history lmfao


Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AkronsWitness


Joined: 17 Jul 2015
Posts: 1598
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
BroncoSojia wrote:
I'd pissed if one of our more prominent players went to go play for a division rival. Laughing

Von Miller would be nearly dead to me if he signed with the Raiders and then said "my childhood dream was to play with the Raiders". Screw that.


Save this quote Laughing . Miller will look good in a new uni in about 4/5 years.


lol over my dead body

If anything Im bracing for Von to finish his twilight years in Dallas since he always harps that he was raised a Cowboys fan and Ware was his favorite player. I can see him doing a reverse-Ware and playing for the Cowboys for the last 3 years of his career when his contract is up at 32 years old in 2021.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 7903
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
BroncoSojia wrote:
I'd pissed if one of our more prominent players went to go play for a division rival. Laughing

Von Miller would be nearly dead to me if he signed with the Raiders and then said "my childhood dream was to play with the Raiders". Screw that.


Save this quote Laughing . Miller will look good in a new uni in about 4/5 years.


lol over my dead body

If anything Im bracing for Von to finish his twilight years in Dallas since he always harps that he was raised a Cowboys fan and Ware was his favorite player. I can see him doing a reverse-Ware and playing for the Cowboys for the last 3 years of his career when his contract is up at 32 years old in 2021.


I dunno man. Von in vegas sounds pretty good Laughing . He can have a really big chicken farm there.
_________________
El ramster wrote:
bertuzzi wrote:
Goff and Gurley are the worst QB-RB combo in history lmfao


Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bananabucket


Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 1661
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
I dunno man. Von in vegas sounds pretty good Laughing . He can have a really big chicken farm there.


If it's farm space he's after.. Think
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 3851
Location: Hollywierd
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
That's the problem with society nowadays. You have the freedom to say what you want and represent what you want, but if it somehow infringes on what I say or believe, then you are categorically wrong. It's a joke.
Applause

As a Raider fan I never liked Charles as he usually would put a hurting on us.
Denver's running game usually put a hurt on us.
Now together... d'oh!

It's interesting what has happened to the RB position over the past few years.
Use to be highly valued a must have.
Then committee success changed that.
Then no RB's worth a 1st but now that's changing and it's no RB over 30.
So draft a stud in the 1st, 5th year option but draft a change of pace guy in year 3/4 of that deal and franchise for a 6th year and DUMP HIM!!!
Loyalty is $$$ and rings. I keep expecting to hear Brady gets traded to SF for 3 1sts... Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group