Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills not picking up Sammy Watkins' 5th year option
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Bills not picking up Sammy Watkins' 5th year option Reply with quote

GTFO

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/859482987834036224

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like he will need to stay healthy to cash in. But even if he stays healthy this year, who says he will stay healthy the year after? Seems like it's always something with him.

And trust me, I'd rather see us pick up the option, but I guess this is the "smarter" route to go in at the moment.
bertuzzi

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He obviously doesnt want to be a bill anymore. Cant blame him tbh
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bertuzzi wrote:

it was the Bills option to pick up so that comment made no sense tbh

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
Sounds like he will need to stay healthy to cash in. But even if he stays healthy this year, who says he will stay healthy the year after? Seems like it's always something with him.

And trust me, I'd rather see us pick up the option, but I guess this is the "smarter" route to go in at the moment.

This is Buffalo predicting another injury maybe even hoping for it, because if he is healthy there is no way this is a smart move

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
bertuzzi

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
bertuzzi wrote:

You dont think when they talked to sammy about this that sammy told them not to bother. I think he hates buffalo.
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bertuzzi wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
bertuzzi wrote:

You dont think when they talked to sammy about this that sammy told them not to bother. I think he hates buffalo.

Where are you pulling this from?

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nowhere but think this makes the most sense on why he wasnt picked up for 5th year option. I just think he doesnt like it in buffalo.
Hootlander

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is healthy they can franchise and he comes out 2-3 mill ahead. What's not to like.
Let's not speculate on wether or not he likes it here since he has not given any indication he wants to leave. Or did I miss something?
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comment of him not wanting to be in buffalo is a typical sucking from the medias teet. Why would he hate Buffalo? If he is getting paid these guys dont care where they are at except for a few guys. Watkins is a very quiet humble guy and is definitely not a diva who wants to go to a particular team.

As for this move I agree with what they are doing. Bills do not want to give him $13.5 million that will cover injury only when he is coming off of the 2nd surgery in the 2nd year of his foot. If he is healthy and puts one year under his belt with new coaching staff the bills can tag him at the 15 mil rate. So yes it will cost the bills 1.5 mil for tagging him however it could save them 13.5 mil if he reinjures that foot. Also bills can always extend him at some point too so this media nonsense of them turning the 5th year down is just more media making a big deal as nothing else can be discussed at this time.

Bills made the move to go up and get him which cost them multiple picks and unfortunately it didnt pan out the way they wanted to with a healthy stud wr but you cant add to it by paying him money that could cost them financially next year just like tyrods contract that had to be restructured to make sense for the teams finances for the future.

Thanks Max
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I agree with this. If he has a good year he will likely bolt in FA. Leaving us with another massive hole to fill, assuming Kyle Williams retires were gonna have holes at DT, FS (Poyer is garbage) WR, TE potentially and QB potentially

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
I'm not sure I agree with this. If he has a good year he will likely bolt in FA. Leaving us with another massive hole to fill, assuming Kyle Williams retires were gonna have holes at DT, FS (Poyer is garbage) WR, TE potentially and QB potentially

Bills can and would franchise him if he stays healthy and is productive.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez some of our friggin fans are unbearable. Shut up about him not wanting to be here, he has never said that nor would he now. He had no say in the teams decision to exercise the option. Get your facts straight.

I'm obviously disappointed not to have him picked up but he needs to prove himself as a healthy player to deserve $13 mil GUARANTEED. If he does, we'll franchise him and lock him up. He's a key player on this offense and it's future. The Bills made the right move even though it's hard to accept or grasp as a fan.

cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly he has been hampered with injuries whether it is his hammy, his foot, his labrum, or his ribs. He has yet to be here for a full season. So why offer him an option to stay even if he is injured? People need to realize the bills still have a shot at franchising him at 15-16 mil or transition tag him for 13-14 mil which is identical to his 5th year option and if someone offers him a contract the bills can match it if they truly want him here. So I dont know why anyone is freaking out over this as he is not gone.

Bills have over 60 million in cap space next year I think they can manage to find holes to be filled if certain people leave or retire so its not like they are strapped for cash in 2018. That is without any restructures too, if they restructured Glenn and Dareus they will have close to 90 mil in cap space so the money isnt an issue for them like it was this year.

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: