Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Panthers Cut Safety Tre Boston
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Panthers Cut Safety Tre Boston Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000805835/article/carolina-panthers-cut-veteran-safety-tre-boston

This has Buffalo written all over him. We need Safety depth bad. McDermott was his former coach and Brandon Beane the Carolina AGM is interviewing for the Bills job.

Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda surprising to me. He started ten games for them last year and was still on his cheap rookie deal. What's the reasoning for this?

Nacho Simulation Football League
Forge

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Kinda surprising to me. He started ten games for them last year and was still on his cheap rookie deal. What's the reasoning for this?

I mean, he's not good according to most Panthers fan and he wasn't progressing, though I agree that the timing is curious. I mean, given that he was still on the rookie deal, I see no reason not to maybe let him compete for a spot. If he still hasn't shown anything, you can move on during preseason. I mean, Mike Adams seems to refuse to age, but you have to figure it's coming at some point. Maybe they just wanted to give him a little time before hand to latch on somewhere.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

I mean, he's not good according to most Panthers fan and he wasn't progressing, though I agree that the timing is curious. I mean, given that he was still on the rookie deal, I see no reason not to maybe let him compete for a spot. If he still hasn't shown anything, you can move on during preseason. I mean, Mike Adams seems to refuse to age, but you have to figure it's coming at some point. Maybe they just wanted to give him a little time before hand to latch on somewhere.

Even if that's true, if he was good enough to start last year, at the very least, on a rookie deal, he could provide depth. Maybe there is something we don't know that happened?

Nacho Simulation Football League
KManX89

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Forge wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

Even if that's true, if he was good enough to start last year, at the very least, on a rookie deal, he could provide depth. Maybe there is something we don't know that happened?

I was thinking the same thing.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He sucks and can't tackle, that's what happened. I would have preferred we keep him on as a back-up but that is mainly because we don't have any depth at all.

There was a play last year vs the Falcons where he blatantly quit on attempting to make a tackle, that probably killed his standing with the coaches.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Tre actually got worse as he played more.

He shined a few times in his rookie season, lost his job to Kurt Coleman in 15, then sucked last year.

Panthers targeted Barry Church and supposedly wanted Xavier Woods in the 6th (in addition to other safeties I'm sure) but we missed out. Guess the staff wants to take their chances on UDFAs and preseason cuts.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boston is a tough player to figure out. He has definitely flashed potential in the past, but he's one of those DB's who seem to either make a big play or give one up. There doesn't seem to be anything in between.

His tackling is definitely lacking, but he also is out of position a lot. I never saw any amount of discipline from him. That said, he can create big plays as well. Some team will sign him and he's worth a flyer on to try and develop into something, but unless he learns to be more disciplined I don't see him being more than a backup long-term.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will probably come out with a suspension or something in the next day or two (See Matt Elam as an example of a young safety being cut without an obvious reason)

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A DB that cant tackle? No thanks. I saw enough of Gilmore failing at tackling to want to see that again.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
He sucks and can't tackle, that's what happened. I would have preferred we keep him on as a back-up but that is mainly because we don't have any depth at all.

There was a play last year vs the Falcons where he blatantly quit on attempting to make a tackle, that probably killed his standing with the coaches.

https://twitter.com/SlopingGiraffe/status/859436459203473409

lmao

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be signed to a team that needs depth. Doubt any team signs him to be a starter.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is gonna/had visit with Bills, Chargers and Steelers

Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
iknowcool wrote:

lmao

While that was pathetic lol that has McDermott coaching all over it. McDermott teaches to go for the ball not the tackle so much, hes all about getting guys to try and rip the ball out.

Drove me nuts when he was with the Eagles, every single defensive play looked like that.

When Patrick Chung was here he looked like that on every play, alligator arms try to grab the ball, embarassing, like he had no clue how to tackle, then he goes to New England and is making tackles all over the field with good form Laughing Think

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Zithers wrote:
iknowcool wrote:

lmao

While that was pathetic lol that has McDermott coaching all over it. McDermott teaches to go for the ball not the tackle so much, hes all about getting guys to try and rip the ball out.

This is news to me, a guy who has watched a McDermott coached defense for the past six years. Our tackling is routinely very good. Boston just made a... bad play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: