Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Panthers Cut Safety Tre Boston
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
marshawn lynch


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 21555
Location: Syracuse NY
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Panthers Cut Safety Tre Boston Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000805835/article/carolina-panthers-cut-veteran-safety-tre-boston

This has Buffalo written all over him. We need Safety depth bad. McDermott was his former coach and Brandon Beane the Carolina AGM is interviewing for the Bills job.
_________________


Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKillerNacho


Moderator
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 15007
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda surprising to me. He started ten games for them last year and was still on his cheap rookie deal. What's the reasoning for this?
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 19326
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Kinda surprising to me. He started ten games for them last year and was still on his cheap rookie deal. What's the reasoning for this?


I mean, he's not good according to most Panthers fan and he wasn't progressing, though I agree that the timing is curious. I mean, given that he was still on the rookie deal, I see no reason not to maybe let him compete for a spot. If he still hasn't shown anything, you can move on during preseason. I mean, Mike Adams seems to refuse to age, but you have to figure it's coming at some point. Maybe they just wanted to give him a little time before hand to latch on somewhere.
_________________


Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKillerNacho


Moderator
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 15007
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Kinda surprising to me. He started ten games for them last year and was still on his cheap rookie deal. What's the reasoning for this?


I mean, he's not good according to most Panthers fan and he wasn't progressing, though I agree that the timing is curious. I mean, given that he was still on the rookie deal, I see no reason not to maybe let him compete for a spot. If he still hasn't shown anything, you can move on during preseason. I mean, Mike Adams seems to refuse to age, but you have to figure it's coming at some point. Maybe they just wanted to give him a little time before hand to latch on somewhere.


Even if that's true, if he was good enough to start last year, at the very least, on a rookie deal, he could provide depth. Maybe there is something we don't know that happened?
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
KManX89


Joined: 25 Oct 2012
Posts: 9294
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Forge wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Kinda surprising to me. He started ten games for them last year and was still on his cheap rookie deal. What's the reasoning for this?


I mean, he's not good according to most Panthers fan and he wasn't progressing, though I agree that the timing is curious. I mean, given that he was still on the rookie deal, I see no reason not to maybe let him compete for a spot. If he still hasn't shown anything, you can move on during preseason. I mean, Mike Adams seems to refuse to age, but you have to figure it's coming at some point. Maybe they just wanted to give him a little time before hand to latch on somewhere.


Even if that's true, if he was good enough to start last year, at the very least, on a rookie deal, he could provide depth. Maybe there is something we don't know that happened?


I was thinking the same thing.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iknowcool


Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Posts: 18056
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He sucks and can't tackle, that's what happened. I would have preferred we keep him on as a back-up but that is mainly because we don't have any depth at all.

There was a play last year vs the Falcons where he blatantly quit on attempting to make a tackle, that probably killed his standing with the coaches.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zithers


Joined: 15 Aug 2010
Posts: 3255
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Tre actually got worse as he played more.

He shined a few times in his rookie season, lost his job to Kurt Coleman in 15, then sucked last year.

Panthers targeted Barry Church and supposedly wanted Xavier Woods in the 6th (in addition to other safeties I'm sure) but we missed out. Guess the staff wants to take their chances on UDFAs and preseason cuts.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CatalystNX


Joined: 25 Sep 2013
Posts: 151
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boston is a tough player to figure out. He has definitely flashed potential in the past, but he's one of those DB's who seem to either make a big play or give one up. There doesn't seem to be anything in between.

His tackling is definitely lacking, but he also is out of position a lot. I never saw any amount of discipline from him. That said, he can create big plays as well. Some team will sign him and he's worth a flyer on to try and develop into something, but unless he learns to be more disciplined I don't see him being more than a backup long-term.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OleXmad


Joined: 09 Jan 2017
Posts: 505
Location: Baltimore, Maryland.
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will probably come out with a suspension or something in the next day or two (See Matt Elam as an example of a young safety being cut without an obvious reason)
_________________
I'm not an honest person, I'm just 50 honest hamsters in a trench coat that learned to type.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigbadbuff23835


Joined: 22 Sep 2008
Posts: 11371
Location: NY
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A DB that cant tackle? No thanks. I saw enough of Gilmore failing at tackling to want to see that again.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Zithers


Joined: 15 Aug 2010
Posts: 3255
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
He sucks and can't tackle, that's what happened. I would have preferred we keep him on as a back-up but that is mainly because we don't have any depth at all.

There was a play last year vs the Falcons where he blatantly quit on attempting to make a tackle, that probably killed his standing with the coaches.


https://twitter.com/SlopingGiraffe/status/859436459203473409

lmao
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 13260
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be signed to a team that needs depth. Doubt any team signs him to be a starter.
_________________
Patient: The problem is that obesity runs in our family
Doctor: No, the problem is that no one runs in your family

Courtesy of an online joke search.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
marshawn lynch


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 21555
Location: Syracuse NY
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is gonna/had visit with Bills, Chargers and Steelers
_________________


Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bednarik60


Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 36428
Location: Vancouver, Washington
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
He sucks and can't tackle, that's what happened. I would have preferred we keep him on as a back-up but that is mainly because we don't have any depth at all.

There was a play last year vs the Falcons where he blatantly quit on attempting to make a tackle, that probably killed his standing with the coaches.


https://twitter.com/SlopingGiraffe/status/859436459203473409

lmao


While that was pathetic lol that has McDermott coaching all over it. McDermott teaches to go for the ball not the tackle so much, hes all about getting guys to try and rip the ball out.

Drove me nuts when he was with the Eagles, every single defensive play looked like that.

When Patrick Chung was here he looked like that on every play, alligator arms try to grab the ball, embarassing, like he had no clue how to tackle, then he goes to New England and is making tackles all over the field with good form Laughing Think
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zithers


Joined: 15 Aug 2010
Posts: 3255
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Zithers wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
He sucks and can't tackle, that's what happened. I would have preferred we keep him on as a back-up but that is mainly because we don't have any depth at all.

There was a play last year vs the Falcons where he blatantly quit on attempting to make a tackle, that probably killed his standing with the coaches.


https://twitter.com/SlopingGiraffe/status/859436459203473409

lmao


While that was pathetic lol that has McDermott coaching all over it. McDermott teaches to go for the ball not the tackle so much, hes all about getting guys to try and rip the ball out.


This is news to me, a guy who has watched a McDermott coached defense for the past six years. Our tackling is routinely very good. Boston just made a... bad play.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group