Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bob McGinn with worst mock draft :)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Bob McGinn with worst mock draft :) Reply with quote

Bob McGinn had the worst mock draft: http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017/5/1/15493170/grading-the-2017-nfl-mock-drafts-judgment-day-for-kiper-mcshay-mayock

Not only did he only match 2 teams correctly, he was only able to garner only 44 points. That's pretty bad given you get one point just for matching a guy to the 1st Round, and 4 for mocking the right pick to a team.

I've never found McGinn to be particularly knowledgeable, and now his sources are feeding him bad information.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGinn is a hack. Sure, he's won some awards. Certainly NOT for content. Hang around long enough and somebody will pin a medal on you if you kiss enough colon.

The guy is worthless.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty shabby mock for McGinn. He did once again tab the right guy to the Packers .. seems to have a knack for that.
driftwood

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcginn still has some legit sources & thats the only thing keeping him relevant at this point imo... he himself doesn't come off as that intelligent with his football knowledge though (there are posters on these boards are are way more in tune with football in every aspect then him)

on top of that hes bitter that TT closed his FO access off after Ron Wolf left & other beat writers hate dealing with him because hes a jerk to others in the industry (especially newcomers)...

I wish other media would stop referencing his pieces & let his career die off already.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"McGinn is a hack" is a fairly popular meme, both here and elsewhere
But many of you have no sources, put in zero homework, invest little effort, no links, no sources and just spew your opinions, yet somehow look down your noses at a professional journalist ? laughable

McGinn isn't perfect nor is he always correct, but if we apply the same criteria to most of the authors here, they'd pale in comparison.

Take his work for what its worth and if you think you can do better, then please have at it, we'd all be better off for the time and effort you invest in making a high quality post for us to read.

Otherwise, STFU with your ripping, it brings nothing to the table and any monkey can do it.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
But many of you have no sources, put in zero homework, invest little effort, no links, no sources and just spew your opinions, yet somehow look down your noses at a professional journalist ? laughable

McGinn isn't perfect nor is he always correct, but if we apply the same criteria to most of the authors here, they'd pale in comparison.

Take his work for what its worth and if you think you can do better, then please have at it, we'd all be better off for the time and effort you invest in making a high quality post for us to read.

Otherwise, STFU with your ripping, it brings nothing to the table and any monkey can do it.

McGinn is a serial troll. He will attack management because it will get the vocal minority of fans shouting "WE SHOULD WIN THE SUPER BOWL EVERY YEAR!" while the silent majority of people realize that's not reasonable. He has no issue crapping on the best thing the state has going for it.
driftwood

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:

hes basically the only local beat writer to take heat & there is a very good reason for it (& it has nothing to do with his mock drafts)...

nobody here spews consistent hate about nagler, dimovsky, silverstien, wood, wes hod, cohen, wilde, ect... mcginn is just a bitter ahole with sources now & if you cant see that with his articles over the last 10 years then its on you
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So post something better, that's all I'm saying
I post links to stuff all the time, its for the opportunity to read others work
I make no claims that Mcginn is awesome or perfect or great- that's for each and every reader here to decide for themselves.

You want to read better stuff here, then post better stuff. Look at the great work we got from Central and Cadmus during the draft, exceptional work

The board gains nothing by ripping mcginn; any monkey can do that.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the proportion of McGinn's sources who are executives versus agents is shifting to the right there, simply because there's more turnover in front offices than there are among player representatives.

This checks out with how the reason McGinn has such a grudge against Thompson is that TT refused to grant McGinn the same level of access he had enjoyed from previous GMs. Ron Wolf would wine and dine him, because Wolf wanted McGinn to report whatever lies Wolf wanted out there, but the GM game has changed.
driftwood

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
I make no claims that Mcginn is awesome or perfect or great- that's for each and every reader here to decide for themselves.

You want to read better stuff here, then post better stuff. Look at the great work we got from Central and Cadmus during the draft, exceptional work

we do read better stuff... all the time. i follow a ton of better stuff on twitter & other outlets... & a lot of those articles get posted here too.

but there is also a large group here (including myself) that doesn't like Mcginns work & were being vocal about it.

thats how community boards/forums work. /shrugs
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
I think the proportion of McGinn's sources who are executives versus agents is shifting to the right there, simply because there's more turnover in front offices than there are among player representatives.

This checks out with how the reason McGinn has such a grudge against Thompson is that TT refused to grant McGinn the same level of access he had enjoyed from previous GMs. Ron Wolf would wine and dine him, because Wolf wanted McGinn to report whatever lies Wolf wanted out there, but the GM game has changed.

This is exactly it. And rightfully so. Ted's job isn't to provide content for the media. It's the opposite of that. No leaks. No controversy. Keep the team focused on winning games, inside and out.

And it's not just refusing access. McGinn is a part of a dying breed, the printed news. What GM in the league gives writers LESS to write about than Ted? Because other than a Brewers run, Sports guys in WI have had nothing to write about during the NFL offseason. Not even Free Agency. He NEEDS attention to survive and writing about UDFAs doesn't get the publics eye. He's going to write stuff that gets his content talked about. There's more than a fair number of people, and a lot of them here pay close enough attention and are realistic enough to see, almost all of the best minds on this forum included, his hate is clickbait.
smetana34

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:

Bob? Is that you?

Uncle Buck: "I'm expecting Kate Beckinsale to dump her husband and run away with me."
incognito_man wrote:

you probably have better odds of running off with Tebow.
Mo-Cheese-Mo

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:

Agreed!
At least McGinn has the guts to say it as it is at times. There are far too many media members in Wisconsin that post nothing but cheerleading, homer fluff.
MCGinn quite often gives us an much need critical perspective.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Ted's job isn't to provide content for the media. It's the opposite of that. No leaks. No controversy. Keep the team focused on winning games, inside and out.

And it's not just refusing access. McGinn is a part of a dying breed, the printed news. What GM in the league gives writers LESS to write about than Ted?

From the other end, we can pretty clearly see that no GM in the league runs shop like the Ron Wolf salad days that McGinn clearly misses. Wolf would regularly take a media guy under his arm and say something to the effect of "don't tell anybody, but this is my secret plan" and spin a complete fabrication because he knew that "don't tell anybody" was as sure to get that out there somewhere as anything.

Not only is this harder to do now because it's easier to verify/falsify this stuff because of how connected everybody is, but also because of how connected everybody is NFL teams don't actually need beat writers to run disinformation campaigns now. It's vastly easier to get whatever lie you want out there by telling Adam Schefter or someone in a similar national role.

Then there's the fact that TT doesn't really believe in lying; he'd rather say nothing or nothing useful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: