Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre-Mini Camp 53 Man Roster Prediction
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Pre-Mini Camp 53 Man Roster Prediction Reply with quote

I always love doing these after the draft, so here goes:

QB: Andy Dalton, AJ McCarron
RB: Joe Mixon, Giovanni Bernard, Cedric Peerman, Brandon Wilson
HB: Ryan Hewitt
WR: AJ Green, Brandon Lafell, Josh Malone
WR: John Ross, Tyler Boyd, Alex Erickson
TE: Tyler Eifert, Tyler Kroft, CJ Uzomah
LT: Cedric Ogbuehi
LG: Clint Boling, Christian Westerman
C: Russell Bodine, JJ Dielman
RG: Andre Smith, Trey Hopkins
RT: Jake Fisher, Eric Winston

LDE: Carlos Dunlap, Will Clarke
UDT: Geno Atkins, Ryan Glasgow
NDT: Andrew Billings, Pat Sims
RDE: Michael Johnson, Jordan Willis, Carl Lawson
WLB: Vontaze Burfict, PJ Dawson
MLB: Kevin Minter, Jordan Evans
SLB: Vincent Rey, Nick Vigil
LCB: Adam Jones, Darqueze Dennard, Josh Shaw
FS: Shawn Williams, Clayton Fejedelem
SS: George Iloka, Derron Smith
RCB: Dre Kirkpatrick, William Jackson, Bene Benwikere

K: Jake Elliot
P: Kevin Huber
LS: Clark Harris

Practice Squad: Mason Schreck (TE), Josh Tupou (DT), Tyler O'Connell (QB), Alonzo Russell (WR), Landon Lechler (OL), Demetrius Cox (S), Hardy Nickerson (LB), Brandon Bell (LB), Dustin Stanton (OL)

PUP: Marcus Hardison

Notable Cuts: Brandon Thompson, Jake Kumerow, Cody Core, Jeremy Hill, TJ Johnson, Marquis Flowers, Randy Bullock

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

few things:

I seriously doubt they cut Hill. Just don't see it, not that I don't think he should be

I dont think Erickson survives cuts especially with Ross, Mixon, and Wilson all making it

I think Wilson's ability to play both ways will allow them to go heavy at RB and light at CB.

Think they go heavy at WR and keep Core instead of Erickson

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they don't cut Erickson. He's getting better and better, I'd rather keep him than Cody Core, although I like both.

Also, Ross/Mixon can do some spot returns but I do not (especially with Ross) want to over use them on ST. Wilson I don't mind, but he's good at returning kicks not punts IIRC. We'll still need Erickson for punt returns.

Also, Wilson is a lot of hype right now. Let's see what he can do before we give him a roster spot over Erickson...
theJ

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre-Mini Camp 53 Man Roster Prediction Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
I always love doing these after the draft, so here goes:

RB: Joe Mixon, Giovanni Bernard, Cedric Peerman, Brandon Wilson
WR: AJ Green, Brandon Lafell, Josh Malone

UDT: Geno Atkins, Ryan Glasgow
NDT: Andrew Billings, Pat Sims
WLB: Vontaze Burfict, PJ Dawson
MLB: Kevin Minter, Jordan Evans
RCB: Dre Kirkpatrick, William Jackson, Bene Benwikere

Practice Squad: Mason Schreck (TE), Josh Tupou (DT), Tyler O'Connell (QB), Alonzo Russell (WR), Landon Lechler (OL), Demetrius Cox (S), Hardy Nickerson (LB), Brandon Bell (LB), Dustin Stanton (OL)

PUP: Marcus Hardison

Notable Cuts: Brandon Thompson, Jake Kumerow, Cody Core, Jeremy Hill, TJ Johnson, Marquis Flowers, Randy Bullock

I don't have time to make my own, but generally i agree.

A few comments though:
1) Is Hardison tracking for the PUP? Thought he was going to be good to go? In which case i think you might see someone like Glasgow or Sims get the "IR" treatment. They can use him a nickle DT, and go with the other three guys for base packages.
OR
One of the DE's will get hurt and he'll have their spot
2) I agree Hill gets cut. I don't think he has any utility if Bernard is healthy, and i think the team sees the same thing (or they wouldn't have taken Mixon).
3) I think Core makes it over Malone.
4) Surprise cut could be Brandon Lafell. If they team doesn't want to carry 7 WR's, he could be on the bubble even though he's the "#2" WR. They already have his replacement that can step in week 1. I think the team likes Core's potential. Depends too on what Malone shows during camp.
5) I think Flowers makes it over Dawson.
6) It occurs to me that Michael Johnson could be another surprise cut like Brandon Lafell. Given his relative ineffectiveness last year as a pass rusher, his injury history, etc, i could see someone like Will Clarke or Marcus Hardison flashing in camp and taking his spot. I don't think he has any utility as a DE off the bench. His pass rush ability is gone. Sorry Mike.
7) Somehow i think Jeff Driskel remains on the team. Maybe at the expense of one of the corners or offensive linemen. The thing with these backup OL is that the ones that are PS eligible aren't going to be plucked. So you can put them there as your deep reserve.

~T.S. Eliot
KennyBania

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre-Mini Camp 53 Man Roster Prediction Reply with quote

I think I'd prefer...

RB: Jeremy Hill, Joe Mixon, Cedric Peerman, Brandon Wilson

WR: AJ Green, Brandon Lafell, Josh Malone, Cody Core

UDT: Geno Atkins, Marcus Hardison
NDT: Andrew Billings, Pat Sims, Ryan Glasgow

WLB: Vontaze Burfict, Jordan Evans
MLB: Kevin Minter

RCB: Dre Kirkpatrick, William Jackson

PUP: Giovanni Bernard

Notable Cuts: Brandon Thompson

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was listening to the BBP today - has the team said Brandon Wilson is going to be a RB? Because they were implying he would play corner.

~T.S. Eliot
KennyBania

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
I was listening to the BBP today - has the team said Brandon Wilson is going to be a RB? Because they were implying he would play corner.

That's what I thought so as well.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KennyBania wrote:
theJ wrote:

That's what I thought so as well.

He's listed as a RB on the roster. I think he is gonna be a swing guy. Primarily a CB and ST but maybe emergency RB

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be shocked if Malone doesn't make the roster. A 4th Rd WR is a near lock to make it.

I don't see Mixon or Ross being used as returners whatsoever, they'll be the starting RB and WR. I'm think Erickson and Wilson are the primary returners.

I could see Michael Johnson getting cut, he wasn't very good last year. I'll be surprised if Lafell is cut. He was better than I expected last year and think they'll hang onto him until Ross and Boyd prove themselves more. 2018 he's toast if they do.

I can't see a conceivable way Hill makes the team over Bernard. Bernard is just a better football player. Cap room isn't an issue.

Is be surprised if we kept 7 WR. I see us going heavy on special teams players, wherever they fit best.

I could see Flowers over Dawson, I think whoever is valued more on special teams stays.

Hardison had a shoulder injury. Those are tricky. I'll believe he's ready to go when I see him in pads hitting people.

I don't think Wilson plays both ways. He's listed as a RB, but I think he is used primarily as a return man and special teams player.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone is going to be stashed on IR with a hangnail injury at WR and on the DLine...
KennyBania

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope either Dennard or Jackson III breakout in camp and the team comes to their senses and cuts Adam Jones.

Also, there's no way we cut Lafell after just resigning him to a 2-year deal. Same goes for Michae Johnson. He's no pass rusher anymore, but he can log a ton of reps and still set the edge versus the run.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KennyBania wrote:
I hope either Dennard or Jackson III breakout in camp and the team comes to their senses and cuts Adam Jones.

I'm not expecting much from WJIII until maybe the last quarter of the season. Bengals were dumb to re-activate Peerman instead of WJIII last season. He needed that experience to get over "rookie" mistakes...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
KennyBania wrote:

I'm not expecting much from WJIII until maybe the last quarter of the season. Bengals were dumb to re-activate Peerman instead of WJIII last season. He needed that experience to get over "rookie" mistakes...

No matter what happens in camp, I dont see the team cutting Pacman after holding on to him this whole summer after all this junk

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
KennyBania wrote:

No matter what happens in camp, I dont see the team cutting Pacman after holding on to him this whole summer after all this junk

Isn't he likely to be on some sort of roster-exempt suspension to start the season, or has all the legal stuff with the nurse blown over.

Either way, I'd have already cut his a$$ for all his off-season bs. Nobody is going to sign him, so he might as well be sat at ignition sports on the sofa like Crocker did all those years; I'd rather give his snaps to a young guy.

This situation makes me sick. Lewis has this week said he was hoping the draft might “opens some eyes” for veteran Bengals, as some kind of veiled threat; but then tolerates Adam Jones bringing the whole club, city and community into disrepute with his non-stop bs.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
KennyBania wrote:

Agree V112, I'd have rather given WJ3 all the snaps possible instead of Peerman; didn't understand that one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: