Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KD Cannon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forge

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
Pandomonium wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
I think Baylor WRs in the NFL generally underperform to what their projections are pre-draft. Kendall Wright, Corey Coleman, Terrance Williams. Josh Gordon was able to put up numbers but he couldnt stay off the weeeeeeeduh.

I like Cannon and think he beats out Trent Taylor for a roster spot.

I agree

Before the draft I would have agreed, but if the rumors of Shanny coveting him the most are accurate, there is no way Cannon beats out Taylor for a roster spot unless Taylor is on IR.

Besides, our WR cabinet is as bare bones as it gets, so there's no reason both can't make the team.

I think Our WR's end up like:

Garcon
Robinson
Goodwin
Kerley
Taylor
Burbridge/Smelter

God, that is bad.

I think that is pretty accurate. I really don't think Smelter has any shot. Burbridge might, though. Depends on what Cannon looks like, I would imagine, though I think he's a likelier candidate for the PS unless he completely balls out.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, doesn't Kyle's O use 2 sometimes 3 TEs? If so, those may be our WRs with size...dunno. Just a thought.
Forge

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
IIRC, doesn't Kyle's O use 2 sometimes 3 TEs? If so, those may be our WRs with size...dunno. Just a thought.

He utilizes 3 TE sets far more than the league average. An article on niner nation stated by their count, he ran it on about 8% of the Falcons plays, which is 4x the nfl average (2%). But that was just by one guys count...not sure how accurate that figure is. But his usage of 1-3 was noted in several articles. That being said, they didn't seem to account for large chunks of the Falcons offense - our tight ends actually outproduced Atlanta's last year, and the Falcons tight ends only account for about 15% of team's receiving. Could be just because the Falcons tight ends weren't great (Tamme got hurt, Hooper got hurt for a bit, etc). The article I was referencing stated that they were more or less utilized as decoys as a way to help isolate Julio.

48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too was hoping for a bigger bodied receiver, but maybe there was already that on the roster. I expect Rogers and Smelter to fight for a roster spot and only one to get it. I dont see Robinson having a big role so I expect him to also compete for a spot as well. WR's are alway the position someone can emerge out of nowhere. The only roster locks I see are Garcon, Kerley, and Goodwin.

I think Aldrick Robinson is likely in right now but then that 5th and 6th (possibly 7th) spot is fair game. I remember Ronald Johnson not making our Roster as a 6th round pick, I think Taylor still needs to battle against Cannon, Carter, Burnbridge, and Rashard Ross.

If Cannon doesnt make the 53 man roster then I hope he clears waivers and signed to the PS.

*Edit- Rogers was just cut so forget that part Laughing

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
I too was hoping for a bigger bodied receiver, but maybe there was already that on the roster. I expect Rogers and Smelter to fight for a roster spot and only one to get it. I dont see Robinson having a big role so I expect him to also compete for a spot as well. WR's are alway the position someone can emerge out of nowhere. The only roster locks I see are Garcon, Kerley, and Goodwin.

I think Aldrick Robinson is likely in right now but then that 5th and 6th (possibly 7th) spot is fair game. I remember Ronald Johnson not making our Roster as a 6th round pick, I think Taylor still needs to battle against Cannon, Carter, Burnbridge, and Rashard Ross.

If Cannon doesnt make the 53 man roster then I hope he clears waivers and signed to the PS.

Rogers was already cut. I suspect that Smelter will be in the next round to go, but as of right now, he's still on the roster.

***Edit **** apparently you edited while I was posting and already mentioned this Laughing Forget what I said.

48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha yea what do I know. that's a bit of a bummer still, he would have been a cool story had Rogers made it.

Victor Bolden might be another UDFA WR that surprises, he had a monster game against Washington and their 3 NFL DB's. He's got return ability too

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodwin, Bolden, Cannon, Taylor, Kerley, Carter, Ross. 7 signings/draftees, probably only need two of them. So that leaves Garçon, Burbridge, Smelter and Robinson as any kind of variance to skill set from the list of 7. Nothing very inspiring but as I think Y2 or Forge stated earlier maybe we find two very good slot WRs out of this to add with Garçon and the makings of a complete WR corps.

Also I think people are underestimating Robinson. Not his potential per say but his ability to make this team. He was with Shanahan in Washington and Atlanta so he knows the offense, was WR 4 in both offenses which each had above average to very good WRs in front of him. On our team there is only Garçon who has a set position. While the familiarity and understanding of the offense isn't as important at WR as it may be at QB it has to count for something knowing what Shanahan expects from his WRs. He's always been a good triangle number guy, height, weight, speed, so maybe we can get some unexpected production out of him, nothing crazy but with Garçon lined up opposite of him and hopefully a slot WR of the future. That's a thing, because I just made it up haha and I'm convinced that's what we're looking for the list of 7 at the beginning of this post.

Edit : Just looked it up, Robinson is in fact 5'10". This greatly confused as I must be confusing him with another WR who's last name was Robinson. I could have sworn he was 6'2" or 6'3". So add him to the list of 7 for our try outs for SlotWRotF.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:
Goodwin, Bolden, Cannon, Taylor, Kerley, Carter, Ross. 7 signings/draftees, probably only need two of them. So that leaves Garçon, Burbridge, Smelter and Robinson as any kind of variance to skill set from the list of 7. Nothing very inspiring but as I think Y2 or Forge stated earlier maybe we find two very good slot WRs out of this to add with Garçon and the makings of a complete WR corps.

Also I think people are underestimating Robinson. Not his potential per say but his ability to make this team. He was with Shanahan in Washington and Atlanta so he knows the offense, was WR 4 in both offenses which each had above average to very good WRs in front of him. On our team there is only Garçon who has a set position. While the familiarity and understanding of the offense isn't as important at WR as it may be at QB it has to count for something knowing what Shanahan expects from his WRs. He's always been a good triangle number guy, height, weight, speed, so maybe we can get some unexpected production out of him, nothing crazy but with Garçon lined up opposite of him and hopefully a slot WR of the future. That's a thing, because I just made it up haha and I'm convinced that's what we're looking for the list of 7 at the beginning of this post.

Robinson is still 5'9.5 so there's not much difference between him and those 5 other guys in terms of skill set. But yea he might surprise people, including me cause I think he's got much lower expectations than Goodwin and Kerley.

I'm going to just talk about all the UDFA's here
WVU DE Noble Nwachukwu is like a Solomon Thomas-lite 6'1 270 4.8 40
He looks like another guy who probably should have been drafted. A little undersized but decent athleticism and I just like saying his name, it sounds like a bad word if you say it with an aggressive tone.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/noble-nwachukwu?id=2557990

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leonard Hankerson! That's the dude I was thinking of.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:
Leonard Hankerson! That's the dude I was thinking of.

more likely allen robinson - no?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone knows how hard it is to evaluate spread offense qbs. I often have that problem with spread offense wrs. When i watch film of cannon i see is a guy who often doesn't have a defender within a few yards of him - but it often looks to be scheme related. So he makes an easy wide open catch. Hard for me to evaluate his skills in that kind of offense.

Everyone knows how hard it is to evaluate spread offense qbs. I often have that problem with spread offense wrs. When i watch film of cannon i see is a guy who often doesn't have a defender within a few yards of him - but it often looks to be scheme related. So he makes an easy wide open catch. Hard for me to evaluate his skills in that kind of offense.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa. What the heck? Trying to deleye duplicated post and get a message saying post doesn't exist. Then i go back and look and there's another copy there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: