Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KD Cannon
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pandomonium

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: KD Cannon Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSr-NsaklO0

we are bringing him in as an UDFA

my question is...HOW in the BLUE HELL did this kid not get drafted?
I'm glad he fell to us but dang, is there something about him that I don't know?

please enlighten me guys

RED, BLACK AND GOLD..TIL I'M DEAD BURIED AND COLD
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baylor's offense is not very structured. They lack much in pro-style routes. So, his route-running is rather raw as a result.
Pandomonium

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
Baylor's offense is not very structured. They lack much in pro-style routes. So, his route-running is rather raw as a result.

Ok sure I can go with that, I could see him falling to the third day 4th-7th round.
but UNDRAFTED??

Especially since other Baylor WRs have gone much higher with the same skill set.

Forge

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was one of my surprise undrafted guys, but I also think that his stock was only rising with the draftniks late in the process and it may not have with the teams. He's certainly undersized, and he doesn't have great hands overall, and as Chris said, he's basically going to have to be built from the ground up with regards to route running, but I've seen comparable receivers go much higher in the draft before. I'm hopeful with him. He really just needs to learn how to be a receiver and learn how to catch in limited space.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Pandomonium

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
He was one of my surprise undrafted guys, but I also think that his stock was only rising with the draftniks late in the process and it may not have with the teams. He's certainly undersized, and he doesn't have great hands overall, and as Chris said, he's basically going to have to be built from the ground up with regards to route running, but I've seen comparable receivers go much higher in the draft before. I'm hopeful with him. He really just needs to learn how to be a receiver and learn how to catch in limited space.

I'm just glad we got him
You know how other team find those undrafted guys and turn them into superstars

I'm really hoping he can be the Taylor Gabriel of Kylo's offense in SF

but we still need someone to throw him and the other Wrs the ball Confused

48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Baylor WRs in the NFL generally underperform to what their projections are pre-draft. Kendall Wright, Corey Coleman, Terrance Williams. Josh Gordon was able to put up numbers but he couldnt stay off the weeeeeeeduh.

I like Cannon and think he beats out Trent Taylor for a roster spot.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
I think Baylor WRs in the NFL generally underperform to what their projections are pre-draft. Kendall Wright, Corey Coleman, Terrance Williams. Josh Gordon was able to put up numbers but he couldnt stay off the weeeeeeeduh.

I agree

AustrianNiner

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pandomonium wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

I agree

Tbh I think Taylor can have a bigger impact right away than Cannon. Cannon might turn out to be the better WR overall, but there is a reason he went undrafted and it will take a while to work on his shortcomings. Taylor wasn't my favorite WR pick but he almost looks like a perfect fit for a Shanahan offense and having watched a bit of him now I really like what I saw. It's not like our other WRs are absolutely unbeatable so I can absolutely see both making the final roster.
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pandomonium wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

I agree

Before the draft I would have agreed, but if the rumors of Shanny coveting him the most are accurate, there is no way Cannon beats out Taylor for a roster spot unless Taylor is on IR.

Besides, our WR cabinet is as bare bones as it gets, so there's no reason both can't make the team.

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
John232

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Pandomonium wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

I agree

Before the draft I would have agreed, but if the rumors of Shanny coveting him the most are accurate, there is no way Cannon beats out Taylor for a roster spot unless Taylor is on IR.

Besides, our WR cabinet is as bare bones as it gets, so there's no reason both can't make the team.

I think Our WR's end up like:

Garcon
Robinson
Goodwin
Kerley
Taylor
Burbridge/Smelter

God, that is bad.

xsaMainevent on the sig
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I like Cannons raw skill set and Taylors refined slot abilities I find myself pretty disappointed we added no one with size or just a guy who plays physical. Who knows maybe Shanny can coax something out of both of them I'm not seeing. I understand that rebuilding a team is a process and not all positions will be addressed but I would have liked to see a little variance as to the type of WRs we added to the team. I thought with the resigning of Kerley and getting Goodwin we'd look for more of a possession type even in UDFAs. Still time but I'm a little puzzled towards our thinking there getting all smaller, slot types.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
Pandomonium wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

I agree

I think Our WR's end up like:

Garcon
Robinson
Goodwin
Kerley
Taylor
Burbridge/Smelter

God, that is bad.

Yup - but it's year one. This was always going to take some time - and I still think the 3-year plan is realistically what we're on.

That said - I think a UDFA Lynch/Shanny pick (Cannon) has a better chance to make the roster than a Baalke 6th rounder that did nothing, and a Baalke 4th rounder that was already out of work once. Way too early to say for sure, of course, but all else being equal - that's what I'd guess.

y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:
While I like Cannons raw skill set and Taylors refined slot abilities I find myself pretty disappointed we added no one with size or just a guy who plays physical. Who knows maybe Shanny can coax something out of both of them I'm not seeing. I understand that rebuilding a team is a process and not all positions will be addressed but I would have liked to see a little variance as to the type of WRs we added to the team. I thought with the resigning of Kerley and getting Goodwin we'd look for more of a possession type even in UDFAs. Still time but I'm a little puzzled towards our thinking there getting all smaller, slot types.

Well - they have Garcon set. So we'll have that in place. That's almost all we know. With the small slot guys - this could be just hedging bets. You really only need one to work out anyway, so throw a bunch of crap at the wall and see what sticks. Chances are one will be what Shanahan is looking for. Then next year - when we presumably get our QB - maybe get a big WR to go with them. Then you start have the makings of your offense together.

With late round picks - I don't mind that. If we drafted a bunch of slot guys including early picks? Totally different story. That would be pointless.

Forge

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:

I had the same complaint. All of our guys operate the same area of the field and offer the same sort of skillset to varying degrees. Cannon and Goodwin can get down the field (though Goodwin hasn't shown much ability to do it consistently), but we still lack a big bodied, or at least bigger bodied guy, which can hurt in the redzone. It's why I wasn't completely averse to drafting Bucky even after landing Kittle because I figured it was the one thing that he could come in and do and actually contribute positively right away.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Fureys49ers wrote:

Well - they have Garcon set. So we'll have that in place. That's almost all we know. With the small slot guys - this could be just hedging bets. You really only need one to work out anyway, so throw a bunch of crap at the wall and see what sticks. Chances are one will be what Shanahan is looking for. Then next year - when we presumably get our QB - maybe get a big WR to go with them. Then you start have the makings of your offense together.

With late round picks - I don't mind that. If we drafted a bunch of slot guys including early picks? Totally different story. That would be pointless.

Makes sense and I'm right there with ya thinking this is a 3 year type of rebuild I was just high on a lot of the bigger bodied WRs in this years draft JuJu and Godwin being the main targets for me. If we do in fact land a QB via FA (Cousins, Garoppolo) I will be the first to jump on Courtland Sutton bandwagon to SF.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: