Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top Targets for 2018 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:
McFadden got burnt a lot last year but also seemed like he got an interception every game. If he can improve his technique, I think he can be a legit #1 corner in the NFL.

I don't think I could stomach another McFadden CB out of Florida St, TBH. Sounds like this guy isn't, much, if any, better than the first McFadden Cornerback we drafted from FSU. Laughing
MDSteeler1971

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnus-Viktor wrote:
MD, my quote feature doesn't work, but as TheClocksTickin pointed out, I clearly said I'd be looking at Hubbard as an OLB with Watt sliding inside to play ILB like a Chad Brown did back in the day. I don't know if you were around back then, but I was a big Chad Brown fan. If only he hadn't chased the money. He'd be remembered as a Greg Lloyd caliber player. Good ILB (up to 8.5 sacks there) and when injuries forced him to he moved outside and was a 13 sack OLB (in 14 games). Then he left to chase the money in Seattle.

So if Watt would be a Brown-type ILB, capable of getting you 8.5 sacks, and Hubbard could be the stud with 10+ sacks every year as I think he could be, along with Shazier and Dupree, that would be a nasty linebacking corp.

I missed it. My bad. BUT, he is still learning to play OLB and you want him to change to ILB and learn that from scratch? IDK
Magnus-Viktor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watt played in a 34 ILB type role at Wisconsin some this year anyway. They moved him around a lot. Edge rusher, blitzing up the A-gap when lined up inside, etc. I think he could do it, and the pass rush would be insane if you had the linebacking corp I outlined before. I see your point about a raw guy learning new positions, but with the subpackages being used so often now, I don't see it as that big of an issue. In a subpackage with that roster, you'd put Dupree and Hubbard down as DE and Watt could stay on the field as a pass rushing OLB. Lots of versatility with that front 7.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLB Shaun Dion Hamilton 6' 230: Powerful. Explosive hitter. Quick to disengage from blockers. Fast. Fluid in coverage.

MLB Rashaan Evans 6'3 234: Powerful. Explosive hitter. Quick to disengage from blockers. Fast. Fluid in coverage. Can rush off the edge.

MLB Nick Deluca 6'3 236: Powerful. Explosive hitter. Quick to disengage from blockers. Fast. Fluid in coverage.

OLB Marquis Haynes 6'3 234: Powerful. Explosive hitter. Cat-like quickness. Uses hands well to disengage. Relentless.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
MDSteeler1971

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of these TEs, who you taking?

Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin Height: 6-6. Weight: 248 Projected 40 Time: 4.67

Cam Serigne, TE, Wake Forest Height: 6-3. Weight: 250 Projected 40 Time: 4.70

Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State Height: 6-6. Weight: 252 Projected 40 Time: 4.74

C.J. Conrad*, TE, Kentucky Height: 6-5. Weight: 245 Projected 40 Time: 4.70

Mark Andrews*, TE, Oklahoma Height: 6-5. Weight: 250 Projected 40 Time: 4.78
JLambert58

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnus-Viktor wrote:
Watt played in a 34 ILB type role at Wisconsin some this year anyway. They moved him around a lot. Edge rusher, blitzing up the A-gap when lined up inside, etc. I think he could do it, and the pass rush would be insane if you had the linebacking corp I outlined before. I see your point about a raw guy learning new positions, but with the subpackages being used so often now, I don't see it as that big of an issue. In a subpackage with that roster, you'd put Dupree and Hubbard down as DE and Watt could stay on the field as a pass rushing OLB. Lots of versatility with that front 7.

I"m sure Watt could play it, I just think OLB is more valuable and if he can be good/great there, then there is no reason to move him inside. If he proves not to be effective on the outside, I'm sure he'd be a heck of a ILB.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
McFadden got burnt a lot last year but also seemed like he got an interception every game. If he can improve his technique, I think he can be a legit #1 corner in the NFL.

I don't think I could stomach another McFadden CB out of Florida St, TBH. Sounds like this guy isn't, much, if any, better than the first McFadden1 Cornerback we drafted from FSU. Laughing

Really? He jumps off the screen. Hes more of a elite type prospect from what I have seen thus far.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:

I don't think I could stomach another McFadden CB out of Florida St, TBH. Sounds like this guy isn't, much, if any, better than the first McFadden Cornerback we drafted from FSU. Laughing

I wont pretend to know alot about this guy yet, but Bryant was actually a good PROSPECT and had the potential to be better than what he was. Maybe not an elite guy, but I think if he had a better head on his shoulders and a better work ethic, he couldve been a quality 10 year starter for us.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:

I wont pretend to know alot about this guy yet, but Bryant was actually a good PROSPECT and had the potential to be better than what he was. Maybe not an elite guy, but I think if he had a better head on his shoulders and a better work ethic, he couldve been a quality 10 year starter for us.

Watch the game against South Florida WR Rodney Adams and you will think McFadden is just another over-hyped FSU defender.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: