Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2018 NFL Draft QB Prospects (Info, Rankings, Talk, Etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pnies20

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to say I agree with mind. Throwing a rocket doesn't translate to being an NFL QB. Now Darnold has a rocket and makes accurate NFL throws as a young kid. That's why he's going #1. Lock will not be talked about until the mid rounds, IMO.
Mind Character

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Msu has been here for 8 years and has been right more than a few times. He's spot on a good bit tbh.

That's the benefit of not being new, he doesn't have to "prove" his opinion with every post, his history of posts does that for him with many of us.

Mind, I like your contributions but you seem to see opinions on prospects as facts, as if breaking down a prospect's film to the smallest minutia will give you "facts" about how they will play in the future. It doesn't. If you've been around football your whole life (however long that is), you should probably know this.

It's ok to disagree, folks see different things and there isn't a way to "prove" your opinion.

Calling out a long time, well respected poster as if he's some sort of noob is a bad look IMO.

I appreciate strong opinions as much as the next guy, but I just hope you hang around long enough to eat a little crow when the things you "knew" turn out to be wrong.

Jesus now I'm writing novels...

I'm glad to eat a little crow. I'm often wrong. I'm glad to be on the wrong side of football debates and disagreements.

Isn't that the fun and purpose of a discussion board about football and future prospects? I like football debates and disagreements. I like debates with a little fire and snark too. I do that with people I actually love and like.

I don't know who the vet posters are when responding to a post. And I was not trying to just bash MSU "as noob" or be condescending by any means. Salute to the vets on the board. Much respect.

But when I ask for a game or example of their opinions it's always "You're new...they're a vet...they don't owe you anything. They don't have to share evidence for their opinions." I'm just asking for some reasons to understand their perspective and correct mine if I'm wrong.

Second, like Iverson's "we're talking about practice" "we're talking about Drew Lock..." What in the hell is so wrong with disagreeing with someone saying a QB like Drew Lock will be one of the top QBs when said QB has multiple games in the 40%s...has 4/18 games...yes, 4/18 games. Throws INTS by the bushels almost 20 INTs, and cant handle pressure.

The only snarky thing was that i said "MSU must've just watched 5minute highlight tape." That couldve been out of line, but I felt like it was inbounds based on forum banter fun/rules.

---------------------
By the way....I almost forgot....Davis Webb is Garbage and to this point so is Drew Lock, lol. They both could end up great. If that's the case, I'll be happy to eat my words.
(5/22/17) '18 QB1s: 1. Sam Darnold, 2. Luke Falk, 3. Josh Allen, 4. Josh Rosen, 5. Riley Ferguson, 6. Baker Mayfield / FS1s: 1. Armani Watts, 2. Godwin Igwebuike, 3. Jordan Whitehead / SS1: 1. Derwin James / CB1s: 1.T. McFadden, 2. M. Fitzpatrick
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word of advice to the new guys in here:

Quite easy actually. Don't be like the new username in here that rhymes with DizzyDean. No sense in being an a-hole.

BobBrown would be so proud.

Back on topic. Does anybody know if there are any QBs coming out next year?

If I seam edgy tonight it's because I spent time with those ironworkers on a job site. Them cats has a little crazy.

Thanks Reg!
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Msu has been here for 8 years and has been right more than a few times. He's spot on a good bit tbh.

That's the benefit of not being new, he doesn't have to "prove" his opinion with every post, his history of posts does that for him with many of us.

Mind, I like your contributions but you seem to see opinions on prospects as facts, as if breaking down a prospect's film to the smallest minutia will give you "facts" about how they will play in the future. It doesn't. If you've been around football your whole life (however long that is), you should probably know this.

It's ok to disagree, folks see different things and there isn't a way to "prove" your opinion.

Calling out a long time, well respected poster as if he's some sort of noob is a bad look IMO.

I appreciate strong opinions as much as the next guy, but I just hope you hang around long enough to eat a little crow when the things you "knew" turn out to be wrong.

Thanks, I never have once interacted with this guy and I offer an opinion and he wants to attack me? Come on, if you have an issue with me tell me, if you dont agree fine thats what this board is all about. Where im from, you at least have a beer with a guy before you cross those roads.

Water under the bridge, its over now. Next

Smart man. Honestly have no clue where this all stemmed from.

Thanks Reg!
Mind Character

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

Thanks, I never have once interacted with this guy and I offer an opinion and he wants to attack me? Come on, if you have an issue with me tell me, if you dont agree fine thats what this board is all about. Where im from, you at least have a beer with a guy before you cross those roads.

Water under the bridge, its over now. Next

MSU, you could be right on Lock as time will tell...I wasn't trying to attack you or come at you crazy like that.

I just had a hard time seeing how you could easily get over those 4 of 18 and multiple 40% games of his. So, I voiced strong disagreement.

Didn't mean to come off disrespectful and I thought the snark of "you mustve just watched that 5minute highlight tape" was all in good football disagreement fun..at least I thought.
(5/22/17) '18 QB1s: 1. Sam Darnold, 2. Luke Falk, 3. Josh Allen, 4. Josh Rosen, 5. Riley Ferguson, 6. Baker Mayfield / FS1s: 1. Armani Watts, 2. Godwin Igwebuike, 3. Jordan Whitehead / SS1: 1. Derwin James / CB1s: 1.T. McFadden, 2. M. Fitzpatrick

Last edited by Mind Character on Thu May 11, 2017 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mind Character

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
Word of advice to the new guys in here:

Quite easy actually. Don't be like the new username in here that rhymes with DizzyDean. No sense in being an a-hole.

BobBrown would be so proud.

Back on topic. Does anybody know if there are any QBs coming out next year?

If I seam edgy tonight it's because I spent time with those ironworkers on a job site. Them cats has a little crazy.

I can dig that, but I didn't think posting strong disagreements was necessarily being an a-hole.

I admit saying "MSU is the troll king...I salute you" for him posting "Drew Lock...that is all," could've been a little di*k-ish, but I legitimately thought he was trolling because Drew Lock to me with his less than 50% accuracy was clearly not a top QB hence why I thought he was trolling. I was wrong...he was serious. So, the whole thing then seemed like I was attacking him.

I said my bad, gave him my reasons why I thought Lock wasn't good, and asked for the reasons behind his serious opinion about Lock, but by then it was too late...I sounded like a di** and apparently insulted a veteran poster so LGB had to give me my monthly "you're not a vet, stop insulting vets, they don't owe you their reasons for opinions" speech.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind Character wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

I'm glad to eat a little crow. I'm often wrong. I'm glad to be on the wrong side of football debates and disagreements.

Isn't that the fun and purpose of a discussion board about football and future prospects? I like football debates and disagreements. I like debates with a little fire and snark too. I do that with people I actually love and like.

I don't know who the vet posters are when responding to a post. And I was not trying to just bash MSU "as noob" or be condescending by any means. Salute to the vets on the board. Much respect.

But when I ask for a game or example of their opinions it's always "You're new...they're a vet...they don't owe you anything. They don't have to share evidence for their opinions." I'm just asking for some reasons to understand their perspective and correct mine if I'm wrong.

Second, like Iverson's "we're talking about practice" "we're talking about Drew Lock..." What in the hell is so wrong with disagreeing with someone saying a QB like Drew Lock will be one of the top QBs when said QB has multiple games in the 40%s...has 4/18 games...yes, 4/18 games. Throws INTS by the bushels almost 20 INTs, and cant handle pressure.

The only snarky thing was that i said "MSU must've just watched 5minute highlight tape." That couldve been out of line, but I felt like it was inbounds based on forum banter fun/rules.

---------------------
By the way....I almost forgot....Davis Webb is Garbage and to this point so is Drew Lock, lol. They both could end up great. If that's the case, I'll be happy to eat my words.

No, banter is all well and good, but a lot gets lost in translation via text.

Over time you learn posting styles and can pick up on dry humor and sarcasm that's easily missed if you don't know the poster's personality (you'll fall for one of Thomas's posts at some point, most of us have.....thinking back to Kam jumping his chit about some nonsense when the whole post was about hookers lol....I digress)

The "5 min highlight tape" is a good example. You busting balls, others reading it as calling out msu by mistake. Obviously not a big deal.

I appreciate that you want to see others points, but a lot of folks don't, they just want to have asinine arguments. That's why a some folks don't go too far down that path (or post much in the draft subforum).

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Mind Character

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Mind Character wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

---------------------

No, banter is all well and good, but a lot gets lost in translation via text.

Over time you learn posting styles and can pick up on dry humor and sarcasm that's easily missed if you don't know the poster's personality (you'll fall for one of Thomas's posts at some point, most of us have.....thinking back to Kam jumping his chit about some nonsense when the whole post was about hookers lol....I digress)

The "5 min highlight tape" is a good example. You busting balls, others reading it as calling out msu by mistake. Obviously not a big deal.

I appreciate that you want to see others points, but a lot of folks don't, they just want to have asinine arguments. That's why a some folks don't go too far down that path (or post much in the draft subforum).

Yeah, it's unfortunate that tone and intention are lost via text.

I've never been on a forum before so I'm still trying to figure that stuff out.

Probably ton't be the last time stuff gets lost in translation, or I voice a strong disagreement that insults a vet poster. It's all in the game...

I don't take sh** seriously...so, I'm hoping others don't take my disagreements as personal attacks except for those that praised Davis Webb pre-draft. To them, I say...wtf are you thinking, lol.

What happened to KamTrus by the way? He was a fellow long-postmen and without him around...my posts are even more ridiculously long.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kam got banned I think...

He had previously been banned under a couple other usernames and revealed that info one day and hasn't been seen since. Webby must have seen it and banned him again.

It's pretty unfortunate because he'd been posting as Kam since 09 without issue.

Hopefully he'll be back before long. Smile

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkley would be my choice at RB, but I still think Crow has a huge year.

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind, I think people are snapping at you because of another new guy with a slightly similar posting style. I doubt it's got a lot to deal with animosity towards you. Laughing

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

He had previously been banned under a couple other usernames and revealed that info one day and hasn't been seen since. Webby must have seen it and banned him again.

It's pretty unfortunate because he'd been posting as Kam since 09 without issue.

Talk about aggressive doe....that dude was str8 roid raigin 24/7.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

Talk about aggressive doe....that dude was str8 roid raigin 24/7.

I always found it amusing, he'd get so fired up lol.

NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus was tame compared to the early years when I was on FF, with his early usernames. When he was brownsfan764891 (numbers a bit off), ShakeNBake2128, and GermaineRace, he was out of control and completely intolerable. Not even in an amusing way. He's persistent though. I'm guessing he's already in the shadows under a different alias. Hiding in plain sight among us yet again...
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the temptation is strong with a lot of new faces, but apparently I need to remind everyone that...

It is against forum rules to talk about banned members. Please stop. I don't want to give warnings over something this dumb.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: