Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Projecting our Week 1 53 man roster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiero

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder if Cooper being around these guys Frederick Tyron Zach who are known for their work in the weight room and discipline will turn cooper around. He had a ton of potential coming out of college. I have no idea what's been wrong with him but the potential was once there.

I think Gaithers will at least get a shot, would love to see him get some playing time.

I think Lael at Rt has been a few years in the making we need him there more and can sacrifice the g spot moreso than the RT spot with Frederick in the middle.

Skalelujah
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/861578439995904001

Think he will probably be ok at RT.

Kiltman on the sig
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'be had Joe Looney, Chaz Green, and Jeremy Parnell have all been forced to play, and the OL was just fine.

As long as we have Smith, Frederick, and Martin in the starting lineup, the OL is going to be the strength of this team. Who starts at LG is not a major concern.
CAPJ

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
We'be had Joe Looney, Chaz Green, and Jeremy Parnell have all been forced to play, and the OL was just fine.

As long as we have Smith, Frederick, and Martin in the starting lineup, the OL is going to be the strength of this team. Who starts at LG is not a major concern.

This exactly. We cannot have 5 All-Pros on the o-line. Most teams dont have more than 1 All Pro on their O-Line and we have 3.

The best thing we can do at LG and RT is have someone reliable and serviceable. Cohesion and familiarity will be key pieces at those spots.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Jlash wrote:
5x10 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/05/07/cowboys-work-lael-collins-rt-club-begins-search-replace-doug-free

So it's sounding like a line consisting of five 1st round talented guys may end up being a thing
cooper couldn't make two other teams
Not optimistic about him starting here

This years o-line won't be as good as last years imo

I came on this forum a couple months ago and asked why you guys didn't give La'El Collins a shot at RT after the season and basically got laughed at. I think that's his best fit.

Well, it's something that all of us have wanted since he was drafted. Most of us thought he would go straight to RT after the draft.

Plus the Coaches for the Cowboys were basically laughing at us when we said something about the move, so we then laugh at you. But we all want this.

Edited.

It was early I was getting guards confused.

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
11sanchez11

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiero wrote:
Wonder if Cooper being around these guys Frederick Tyron Zach who are known for their work in the weight room and discipline will turn cooper around. He had a ton of potential coming out of college. I have no idea what's been wrong with him but the potential was once there.

he has pretty much been hurt his whole career, at least for zona. pretty sure he got hurt last year with the pats too. I think the coaching staff had problems with him not dealing with injuries well

El ramster on the sig
Jlash

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:

Well, it's something that all of us have wanted since he was drafted. Most of us thought he would go straight to RT after the draft.

Then he made all pro as a guard and that's when a certain few started getting testy about moving him. Plus the Coaches for the Cowboys were basically laughing at us when we said something about the move, so we then laugh at you. But we all want this.

Yea, I don't think that happened.

edit: Just saw your last edit. Glad we cleared that up.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about Jahad Thomas breaking the 53 man roster? I live in Philadelphia and I've seen lots of Temple games, Jahad plays quicker than what his combine speed says. He reminds me of Reggie Bush with his style of play. This is something in our running game that we don't have with the loss of Dunbar. Losing Darius Jackson last year is tough, but I think Thomas can be a perfect compliment for this team.

RECEPTION-69 YARDS-673 TD'S-3
SweetFancyMoses

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManInTheMirror wrote:
I'm more than ready, just like many other people, to see what Gathers can do. If he is anything above average he will be a valuable weapon.

Is he really 6'6" and between 280 and 290 lbs? That's a big boy! Do you think we would be interested in a 1 or 2 year deal with Gary Barnidge, in case Rico doesn't pan out?
JShank

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB: Dak Prescott - Kellen Moore
(2)

RB: Ezekiel Elliott - Darren McFadden
FB: Kieth Smith
(3)

WR: Dez Bryant - Brice Butler
WR: T. Williams - Lucky Whitehead
Slot: Cole Beasley - Ryan Switzer
(6)

TE: Jason Witten - Rico Gathers - Geoff Swaim
(3)

LT: Tyron Smith - Byron Bell/Chaz Green
LG: Jonathan Cooper - (Collins) - Looney
C : Travis Fredrickson - Looney
RG: Zach Martin - (Cooper) Looney
RT: La'el Collins - Chaz Green/Byron Bell
( 8 )

Offensive Total: (22)

DE: David Irving - D. Lawrence - Charles Tapper
DT: Maliek Collins - Tyrone Crawford - (Irving)
DT: Cedric Thornton - (Collins)
DE: Taco Charlton - Benson Mayowa
( 8 )

SLB: Damien Wilson
MLB: Jaylon Smith - Hitchens
WLB: Sean Lee - (Hitchens) - Joseph Jones
(5)

CB: Orlando Scandrick - Nolan Carroll
CB: Anthony Brown - Chidobe Awuzie
NCB: Jourdan Lewis - (Scandrick)
FS: Byron Jones
SS: Jeff Heath - Xavier Woods
( 8 )

Defense Total: (21)

LS: LP LaD
P: Chris Jones
K: Dan Bailey
(3)

Team Total: (46)

The above represents the essential pieces that, IMO, need to be on the active roster.

IMO, Lucky Whitehead being able to be trusted could have a huge effect on the roster. Lucky will play on all/most special teams units, and I think he can pick up some more "Scat-back" duties along with Switzer. This flexibility could allow us more options in regards to 3rd RB needs.

The same goes for Jamiell Showers possibly at Safety and 3rd string QB. Again, he plays on most special teams units. I did not include him, because I don't know anything about his progression.

So, how would you suggest we fill out the rest of the 7 spots available, where ought we allocate resources?

I would add Showers @ Safety as I mentioned, I would have either Stephen Paea, or Jordan Carrell (but not both) on the roster. I would also search for better LB depth... I would add 2 LB's to this roster, but I am not big on Wilber or Nzoacha*

So that would be 4 out of 7 remaining spots accounted for...
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why makes you think Lucky Whitehead is trusted?
JShank

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

My bad, i wasn't clear. . . IF Lucky is able to be trusted, then it could have a great effect on our roster.

He is the most explosive player we have on offense pure speed, acceleration and strength-wise. From what I have read and casually observed, he is a great blocker.

With that said, he is on thin ice, and I don't know if he even makes the roster, because of it. Ball security and reliability will need to be PROVEN throughout the off-season and pre-season. Meaning he will not only need not mess up, but affirmatively show an improvement there. Also, I don't believe the issue we saw last year, when he stayed out all night, is more than a one off.

In a perfect situation, Lucky fixes the ball security issues and the bone head stuff, and we have a guy that could play that scat-back role along with possibly Switzer. Special-teams, depth, and a sprinkle in explosive utility player on offense that can block.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JShank wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

My bad, i wasn't clear. . . IF Lucky is able to be trusted, then it could have a great effect on our roster.

He is the most explosive player we have on offense pure speed, acceleration and strength-wise. From what I have read and casually observed, he is a great blocker.

With that said, he is on thin ice, and I don't know if he even makes the roster, because of it. Ball security and reliability will need to be PROVEN throughout the off-season and pre-season. Meaning he will not only need not mess up, but affirmatively show an improvement there. Also, I don't believe the issue we saw last year, when he stayed out all night, is more than a one off.

In a perfect situation, Lucky fixes the ball security issues and the bone head stuff, and we have a guy that could play that scat-back role along with possibly Switzer. Special-teams, depth, and a sprinkle in explosive utility player on offense that can block.

I expect Switzer to take his role as "most explosive". Dude is sneaky fast and a more polished receiver than Lucky.

^^^El Rammy
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still odd not to see Romo in there...

^^^El Rammy
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

Still odd not to see Romo in there...

#movedonalready

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: