Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Projecting our Week 1 53 man roster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-2Ep-hXkAARIU4.jpg

Cooper at LG and Collins at RT apparently

Also...Gathers is with the first team offense at TE in this pic

Seems like they are running two TE's. Look at the ground next to Collins. You will see another hand - likely Witten.

Yup, I noticed that too. Interesting though that Gathers is the second TE, at least so far.

Also - really, really weird not seeing Romo at the helm.

I believe Swaim isn't healthy yet.

Hanna still hurt as well?

^^^El Rammy
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-2Ep-hXkAARIU4.jpg

Cooper at LG and Collins at RT apparently

Also...Gathers is with the first team offense at TE in this pic

Seems like they are running two TE's. Look at the ground next to Collins. You will see another hand - likely Witten.

Yup, I noticed that too. Interesting though that Gathers is the second TE, at least so far.

Also - really, really weird not seeing Romo at the helm.

I believe Swaim isn't healthy yet.

Hanna still hurt as well?

I've seen a couple comments floating around Twiiter that Hanna isn't a sure thing to even play again.

Kiltman on the sig
ManInTheMirror

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more than ready, just like many other people, to see what Gathers can do. If he is anything above average he will be a valuable weapon.
JShank

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that a lot of ppl are shorting Scandrick. . . He was a shell of himself last season, constant nagging injuries and rust amounted to a broken player.

With that said, he deserves another shot. He has played at "stud" level before, and if he can look like he has at his best, the starting job is his.
Basically, if he is no longer hampered by injury, there is NO reason he should not be a starter and contributor for 2 more years.

I think we will cross train Cheeto across the secondary like we did with Byron. Jourdan, I think will be keyed in at the slot.

Nickle:
CB1 - Scandrick / Cheeto
CB2 - A. Brown / Cheeto
Nickle - Jourdan Lewis / Scandrick
FS - Jones / Cheeto
SS - Woods / Heath

Dime:
CB1 - A. Brown
CB2 - Cheeto
Nickle/Dime - Scandrick
Nickle/Dime - Jourdan Lewis
FS - Jones / Heath / Cheeto
SS - Woods / Heath / Cheeto
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JShank wrote:
I feel that a lot of ppl are shorting Scandrick. . . He was a shell of himself last season, constant nagging injuries and rust amounted to a broken player.

With that said, he deserves another shot. He has played at "stud" level before, and if he can look like he has at his best, the starting job is his.
Basically, if he is no longer hampered by injury, there is NO reason he should not be a starter and contributor for 2 more years.

I think we will cross train Cheeto across the secondary like we did with Byron. Jourdan, I think will be keyed in at the slot.

Nickle:
CB1 - Scandrick / Cheeto
CB2 - A. Brown / Cheeto
Nickle - Jourdan Lewis / Scandrick
FS - Jones / Cheeto
SS - Woods / Heath

Dime:
CB1 - A. Brown
CB2 - Cheeto
Nickle/Dime - Scandrick
Nickle/Dime - Jourdan Lewis
FS - Jones / Heath / Cheeto
SS - Woods / Heath / Cheeto

I don't think Scan "deserves" anything more than an opportunity to compete. If he gets hurt again or is not clearly better than the young guys, cut him and move on. He's on a relatively cheap contract, but I wouldn't let a young guy go to keep him if they are equal in performance.
CAPJ

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, I believe the whole defense minus wherever we place Sean Lee should be up for open competition.

We have D-Lineman who have potential but have never truly earned anything or been dominant enough that you can pencil them as a starter.

Jaylon Smith is still a question mark, Hitchens is just a guy.

Scandrick seems to have nagging injuries.

Brown had a good year but still was just a 6th round pick and I believe some of the praise he receives was because the expectation was low because he was a 6th round pick.

There is a reason why Carroll keeps getting 1 year deals. He is a good depth piece and that is all.

Heath flashes potential but last time he was in a starter's role it was not pretty.

Jones is solid but does not create plays.

We need to put the best defense on the field and if that means Chidobe, Lewis and Brown are the 3 best corners, then that is who should be the starters.

There is no one on defense that I believe we owe anything to. So if Scandrick has a bad camp then he sits on the bench.
JShank

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to say that he deserves the benefit of the doubt, because he has been really good. Therefore, we owe it to him to let him show that last year was a freak-injury-caused down year for him.

That is why he is starting, because I believe he will be 2014 Scandrivk. With that said, I am glad the depth means we aren't depending on him being pre-injury Scandrick.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how deep we are at CB.

Scandrick
Brown
Carroll
Awuzie
Lewis
White
McFadden

Our top 5 guys could be CB1/CB2.

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/05/07/cowboys-work-lael-collins-rt-club-begins-search-replace-doug-free

So it's sounding like a line consisting of five 1st round talented guys may end up being a thing

^^^El Rammy
Calvert28

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really do hope Skipper turns out to be our next great UDFA. Would be wonderful if he solidified our right side for the next 10 to 15 years.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
5x10

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/05/07/cowboys-work-lael-collins-rt-club-begins-search-replace-doug-free

So it's sounding like a line consisting of five 1st round talented guys may end up being a thing
cooper couldn't make two other teams
Not optimistic about him starting here

This years o-line won't be as good as last years imo
TheGame316

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAPJ wrote:
IMO, I believe the whole defense minus wherever we place Sean Lee should be up for open competition.

We have D-Lineman who have potential but have never truly earned anything or been dominant enough that you can pencil them as a starter.

Jaylon Smith is still a question mark, Hitchens is just a guy.

Scandrick seems to have nagging injuries.

Brown had a good year but still was just a 6th round pick and I believe some of the praise he receives was because the expectation was low because he was a 6th round pick.

There is a reason why Carroll keeps getting 1 year deals. He is a good depth piece and that is all.

Heath flashes potential but last time he was in a starter's role it was not pretty.

Jones is solid but does not create plays.

We need to put the best defense on the field and if that means Chidobe, Lewis and Brown are the 3 best corners, then that is who should be the starters.

There is no one on defense that I believe we owe anything to. So if Scandrick has a bad camp then he sits on the bench.

Hitchens is a potential DPOY....
Jlash

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5x10 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

I came on this forum a couple months ago and asked why you guys didn't give La'El Collins a shot at RT after the season and basically got laughed at. I think that's his best fit.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It has long been speculated about, but it now appears official that you can throw La’el Collins’ name into the right tackle conversation.

Speaking to reporters on Sunday evening, Collins confirmed as much, acknowledging that Cowboys coach Jason Garrett and the Dallas coaching staff want him to work at the vacant right tackle spot.

“I’ve talked to Coach about it, and he just told me that going into it, that’s where he wants me to be,” Collins said. “He wants me to give it my all and we’ll see where it goes. So that’s what we’re going to do.”

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
DaBoys

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
5x10 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

I came on this forum a couple months ago and asked why you guys didn't give La'El Collins a shot at RT after the season and basically got laughed at. I think that's his best fit.

Well, it's something that all of us have wanted since he was drafted. Most of us thought he would go straight to RT after the draft.

Then he made all pro as a guard and that's when a certain few started getting testy about moving him. Plus the Coaches for the Cowboys were basically laughing at us when we said something about the move, so we then laugh at you. But we all want this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: