Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Depth Chart Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
topwop1

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
RunningVaccs wrote:
In the wake of reports of Glennon feeling betrayed by Trubisky pick, the Sanchez signing sure makes a lot more sense

You're going to need to walk me through that one. Are you talking about a mentor for Trubisky in the QB room?

Glennon has just as much incentive now to work to have a great season as he did before the draft (if not more). Nothing has changed for Glennon - this is a one year audition for a long-term starting gig. Obviously he's going to feel pretty angry in the short-term but I think he'll get over that once the workouts start.

Aside from the draft party awkwardness I don't feel bad for Glennon one bit.

He knows this is a competitive business and nothing is just handed to you that easily in this league. He already went through this with Jameis. He has a chance this season to prove to everybody that he is worthy of being a #1.

Plus, he and his agent should have known that the Bears might have possibly added a young QB of the future in the draft after he signed what is essentially a 1-year prove it deal.

No one else was going to sign him for that kind of money for 1-year. He should feel fortunate for this opportunity.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez was always brought in to work with a young QB.

Apparently the Cowboys raved about his work with Prescott last season.

It also helps that he is a guy who did not start a ton of games in college.
RunningVaccs

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Sanchez was always brought in to work with a young QB.

Apparently the Cowboys raved about his work with Prescott last season.

It also helps that he is a guy who did not start a ton of games in college.

That and insurance against Glennon wanting out after the draft. See: Sam Bradford
Bearsfancro

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, I think Pace is hoping that this year there will be much less injuries.

If the offense can put every game 24 points, I think, that we will see much better results. And that must be goal for this summer, score more points. No matter how Defense plays, if the O cannot score points the results will be like in 2016...
G08

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bearsfancro wrote:
Overall, I think Pace is hoping that this year there will be much less injuries.

If the offense can put every game 24 points, I think, that we will see much better results. And that must be goal for this summer, score more points. No matter how Defense plays, if the O cannot score points the results will be like in 2016...

That would be a top 14 offense... I don't think that's asking too much of Loggains/Glennon.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Bearsfancro

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Bearsfancro wrote:

That would be a top 14 offense... I don't think that's asking too much of Loggains/Glennon.

Exactly

There are probably 10-12 drives in a game; we need to score on 5 of them, with 2 TD's being minimum... if they cannot do that, then, Bears are searching for new OC or HC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: