You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2018 NFL Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this.

Everyone's top needs either have young guys with some potential (RT, S, TE) already on the roster, or an All-Pro (WLB) who isn't yet at the end of his career.

Makes me feel pretty optimistic about 2017.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I love this.

Everyone's top needs either have young guys with some potential (RT, S, TE) already on the roster, or an All-Pro (WLB) who isn't yet at the end of his career.

Hopefully the expectations for the young guys pan out.

^^^El Rammy
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I love this.

I said it after the 06 season and I will say it again after the '16 season - - if we dont win a Superbowl in the next 5 years our franchise royally effed up.

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I love this.

I said it after the 06 season and I will say it again after the '16 season - - if we dont win a Superbowl in the next 5 years our franchise royally effed up.

That's a pretty high bar you have set.

I think we are on the right track. We're not reaching like we did in the past. Deep playoff runs and hopefully a Super Bowl appearance or two would be awesome. I just hate seeing my team lose games. So if we win consistently and give ourselves a chance to do something in the playoffs I'm happy.

Of course, I'd prefer a Super Bowl win, but those are rare, just don't ruin my mondays and I'll be good.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I love this.

I think we are on the right track. We're not reaching like we did in the past. Deep playoff runs and hopefully a Super Bowl appearance or two would be awesome. I just hate seeing my team lose games. So if we win consistently and give ourselves a chance to do something in the playoffs I'm happy.

Of course, I'd prefer a Super Bowl win, but those are rare, just don't ruin my mondays and I'll be good.

Unless you're New England...

^^^El Rammy
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I love this.

Unless you're New England...

Agreed...But what New England has done is truly rare...like, never happened before. I both hate and admire them for what they've done over the last 16 yrs.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I love this.

Next year we could easily be $25M under the cap with virtually every single starter and #1 back up under contract. The following year we will be like $60M under the cap after extending a few key guys.

We have, at worst, one of the 5 youngest teams in the NFL and we are coming off the 2nd best record in the league. Our expectations should be sky high over the near future. Specifically the next 3 years that Dak is dirt cheap.

TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I love this.

Next year we could easily be $25M under the cap with virtually every single starter and #1 back up under contract. The following year we will be like $60M under the cap after extending a few key guys.

We have, at worst, one of the 5 youngest teams in the NFL and we are coming off the 2nd best record in the league. Our expectations should be sky high over the near future. Specifically the next 3 years that Dak is dirt cheap.

But that's provided we try to get better every year. The only improvement on offense this year was Dak being one year better and Switzer, other than that we didn't improve. And if you don't improve, you're getting worse, because everyone around you is trying to move past you every season.

Look at New England...won the Super Bowl, and gave up a 1st rd pick to add speed to the offense and signed the best CB available in the market.

I hate and respect them for what they've done.
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel some kinda way about them giving these draft picks Tony D and Bob Lillly's jersey numbers.

I know we don't retire numbers, but ring of honor guys should get some say in who wears their number.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017/5/1/15509498/nfl-draft-dallas-cowboys-hand-out-jersey-numbers-to-2017-draft-class
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:

But that's provided we try to get better every year. The only improvement on offense this year was Dak being one year better and Switzer, other than that we didn't improve. And if you don't improve, you're getting worse, because everyone around you is trying to move past you every season.

Look at New England...won the Super Bowl, and gave up a 1st rd pick to add speed to the offense and signed the best CB available in the market.

I hate and respect them for what they've done.

We are obviously trying to get better. We just focused on other parts of the team.

And this is the first time in 10 years that the Pats have tried to build a 'super roster'. They won all the superbowls in the years they DID NOT do what they did this year.

Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still of the belief that we should have taken a OT in this draft, and Iw as wanting us to take one as high as 4th round.

Tyron, Frederick, and Martin are superstar cornerstones who will be here for 10 more years.

However, as much as I like La'el and truly think he has cornerstone potential, he was injured and wasn't all that great before he got hurt. Shows great, GREAT flashes though. I think it's fair to say he is somewhat of a question mark. He's without a doubt our starter at LG or even RT (he was starting at RT in practice today) and we're all excited for his potential.

And then our RT spot is an absolute mess until Green or someone can prove they can handle that role.
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to CBS Sports, the top prospects for 2018 at possible needs...

Wide receiver
1. James Washington WR Oklahoma State 6-0 205
2. Dante Pettis WR Washington 6-0 188
3. D.J. Chark WR LSU 6-2 186
4. Simmie Cobbs Jr. WR Indiana 6-3 224
5. Robert Foster WR Alabama 6-2 191

Tight ends
1. Troy Fumagalli TE Wisconsin 6-5 248
2. Mike Gesicki TE Penn State 6-5 252
3. DeAndre Goolsby TE Florida 6-4 245
4. Durham Smythe TE Notre Dame 6-4 245
5. Marcus Baugh TE Ohio State 6-5 255

Offensive tackle
1. Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame 6-7 310
2. Martinas Rankin OT Mississippi State 6-5 302
3. Tyrell Crosby OT Oregon 6-5 310
4. Jamarco Jones OT Ohio State 6-5 310
5. Zachary Crabtree OT Oklahoma State 6-6 310

Defensive tackle
1. Lowell Lotulelei DT Utah 6-2 310
2. Derrick Nnadi DT Florida State 6-1 303
3. Maurice Hurst DT Michigan 6-2 282
4. Christian LaCouture DT LSU 6-4 307
5. Michael Hill DT Ohio State 6-2 295

Outside linebackers
1. Harold Landry OLB Boston College 6-2 250
2. Marquis Haynes OLB Ole Miss 6-2 222
3. Dante Booker OLB Ohio State 6-2 233
4. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo OLB Oklahoma 6-1 245
5. Matthew Thomas OLB Florida State 6-2 227

Strong safeties
1. Damon Webb SS Ohio State 5-11 193
2. Nick Washington SS Florida 6-0 197
3. Trey Marshall SS Florida State 6-0 207
4. Steven Parker SS Oklahoma 6-1 204
5. Todd Kelly Jr. SS Tennessee 5-11 208

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking a dominant DT would really set it off

Skalelujah
matt79511

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:

Wide receiver

Did they, uh, misspell Calvin Ridley?

Adopt-a-Cowboy 2016: Sean Lee- 145 tackles (93 solo, 52 assisted), 1 PD, 1 FR, 13 TFLs, 977/982 defensive snaps played excluding the meaningless Week 17 game against the last place Eagles
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:

Wide receiver

Did they, uh, misspell Calvin Ridley?

Those are only seniors

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
You're the Tony Romo we never deserved.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: