Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My top 5 best and worst drafts.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TT4Life7


Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 593
Location: Erie, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Titans shouldve taken guys in the first that they didnt desperately need and continue to get thrashed by opposing QBs because our corners were dreadful and then Watch Mariota try to keep up in the game by throwing to his only legitimate threat, Delanie Walker? Demarco was our 3rd leading receiver. That's a problem.

Rishard Mathews was incredibly solid but is not a number 1, Tajae Sharpe is average at best, and Harry Douglas probably doesnt even make a different team. But ya, we shoulda rolled with a WR corp of Mathews, Tajae, and Douglas and then continue to compare him with Jameis who has, IMO, a top 3 WR in the NFL. The fact that Mariota could even put up the stats he did with what he had at receiver is crazy to me.

As much as I liked the idea of Adams on this team (and does fill a smaller need but a need none the less), Davis was the right pick considering none of the top 3 receivers wouldve lasted until 18. The fact that you think we shouldve taken OJ at 18 is even funnier considering that the current starting TE spot was their only strong receiving option that Mariota had prior to the draft.

WR and CB were far and beyond the Titans greatest need and ignoring those positions for others of lesser need by relying on mid level rookies to fill the WR and CB positions with no current options would have been asking for more of the same. Mariota needed ALOT of help at receiver and they got him at 5 (as well as Taylor in the 3rd) and Jackson filled 2 needs immediately (cb, returner). Jackson might've been a slight reach, but considering the Titans had no 2nd round pick (traded for an All-Pro Rookie RT btw) I think it was fine.

I'm not so excited about the Titans draft after the 3rd, but I couldn't be any happier to have Corey Davis and am excited to see what Adoree brings with his versatility and explosiveness.
_________________


2015 Adopt-A-Titan:
Marcus Mariota
Byron Stingily
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crickett


Joined: 27 Nov 2004
Posts: 4801
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT4Life7 wrote:
So the Titans shouldve taken guys in the first that they didnt desperately need and continue to get thrashed by opposing QBs because our corners were dreadful and then Watch Mariota try to keep up in the game by throwing to his only legitimate threat, Delanie Walker? Demarco was our 3rd leading receiver. That's a problem.

Rishard Mathews was incredibly solid but is not a number 1, Tajae Sharpe is average at best, and Harry Douglas probably doesnt even make a different team. But ya, we shoulda rolled with a WR corp of Mathews, Tajae, and Douglas and then continue to compare him with Jameis who has, IMO, a top 3 WR in the NFL. The fact that Mariota could even put up the stats he did with what he had at receiver is crazy to me.

As much as I liked the idea of Adams on this team (and does fill a smaller need but a need none the less), Davis was the right pick considering none of the top 3 receivers wouldve lasted until 18. The fact that you think we shouldve taken OJ at 18 is even funnier considering that the current starting TE spot was their only strong receiving option that Mariota had prior to the draft.

WR and CB were far and beyond the Titans greatest need and ignoring those positions for others of lesser need by relying on mid level rookies to fill the WR and CB positions with no current options would have been asking for more of the same. Mariota needed ALOT of help at receiver and they got him at 5 (as well as Taylor in the 3rd) and Jackson filled 2 needs immediately (cb, returner). Jackson might've been a slight reach, but considering the Titans had no 2nd round pick (traded for an All-Pro Rookie RT btw) I think it was fine.

I'm not so excited about the Titans draft after the 3rd, but I couldn't be any happier to have Corey Davis and am excited to see what Adoree brings with his versatility and explosiveness.


So you don't think Jamal Adams would have helped that whole "getting thrashed by opposing QB's" thing? You don't think having two top notch TE's like Walker and Howard would help Mariota in an offense that likes to use 12 personnel as much as the Titans do? It's not like anyone is claiming the Titans should have drafted an offensive tackle and a quarterback in the first round. Adams and Howard would have helped the Titans secondary and Mariota tremendously. Meanwhile, if they had gone in that direction, when the third round rolled around, here's who would have been available for the Titans:
At #72:
Taywan Taylor, WR
ArDarius Stewart, WR
Fabian Moreau, CB
Carlos Henderson, WR
Chris Godwin, WR
Cameron Sutton, CB
Cordrea Tankersley, CB

And then at #108
Amara Darboh, WR
Dede Westbrook, WR
Josh Reynolds, WR
Mack Hollins, WR
Howard Wilson, CB
Ryan Switzer, WR
Chad Hansen, WR

But I can see your point about Jamal Adams not being a huge need for the Titans. But here's the thing: They could have drafted Marshon Lattimore at #5, Howard at #18 (Or David Njoku, because Howard is good but Njoku would be better Razz ) and then a pair of receivers in round three. That would have allowed them to address their top needs with better perceived value.

Maybe they didn't like Lattimore. He is an injury risk (although so is Corey Davis but w/e) and maybe they weren't comfortable with him. Question though: Did any of us have Adoree Jackson as the top cornerback on the board at #18? Did any of us have Taywan Taylor as the top receiver, heck even the top slot receiver in the board at #72? Did any of us have Jonnu Smith as the top TE on the board later on in the third?

Of course some of us don't like the Titans draft. It wasn't in my bottom five, but it certainly would have made a bottom seven list if I had written that instead. In my case, that doesn't mean the Titans drafted poorly. I absolutely hated the Derrick Henry pick last year and he has turned out just fine.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TT4Life7


Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 593
Location: Erie, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crickett wrote:
TT4Life7 wrote:
So the Titans shouldve taken guys in the first that they didnt desperately need and continue to get thrashed by opposing QBs because our corners were dreadful and then Watch Mariota try to keep up in the game by throwing to his only legitimate threat, Delanie Walker? Demarco was our 3rd leading receiver. That's a problem.

Rishard Mathews was incredibly solid but is not a number 1, Tajae Sharpe is average at best, and Harry Douglas probably doesnt even make a different team. But ya, we shoulda rolled with a WR corp of Mathews, Tajae, and Douglas and then continue to compare him with Jameis who has, IMO, a top 3 WR in the NFL. The fact that Mariota could even put up the stats he did with what he had at receiver is crazy to me.

As much as I liked the idea of Adams on this team (and does fill a smaller need but a need none the less), Davis was the right pick considering none of the top 3 receivers wouldve lasted until 18. The fact that you think we shouldve taken OJ at 18 is even funnier considering that the current starting TE spot was their only strong receiving option that Mariota had prior to the draft.

WR and CB were far and beyond the Titans greatest need and ignoring those positions for others of lesser need by relying on mid level rookies to fill the WR and CB positions with no current options would have been asking for more of the same. Mariota needed ALOT of help at receiver and they got him at 5 (as well as Taylor in the 3rd) and Jackson filled 2 needs immediately (cb, returner). Jackson might've been a slight reach, but considering the Titans had no 2nd round pick (traded for an All-Pro Rookie RT btw) I think it was fine.

I'm not so excited about the Titans draft after the 3rd, but I couldn't be any happier to have Corey Davis and am excited to see what Adoree brings with his versatility and explosiveness.


So you don't think Jamal Adams would have helped that whole "getting thrashed by opposing QB's" thing? You don't think having two top notch TE's like Walker and Howard would help Mariota in an offense that likes to use 12 personnel as much as the Titans do? It's not like anyone is claiming the Titans should have drafted an offensive tackle and a quarterback in the first round. Adams and Howard would have helped the Titans secondary and Mariota tremendously. Meanwhile, if they had gone in that direction, when the third round rolled around, here's who would have been available for the Titans:
At #72:
Taywan Taylor, WR
ArDarius Stewart, WR
Fabian Moreau, CB
Carlos Henderson, WR
Chris Godwin, WR
Cameron Sutton, CB
Cordrea Tankersley, CB

And then at #108
Amara Darboh, WR
Dede Westbrook, WR
Josh Reynolds, WR
Mack Hollins, WR
Howard Wilson, CB
Ryan Switzer, WR
Chad Hansen, WR

But I can see your point about Jamal Adams not being a huge need for the Titans. But here's the thing: They could have drafted Marshon Lattimore at #5, Howard at #18 (Or David Njoku, because Howard is good but Njoku would be better Razz ) and then a pair of receivers in round three. That would have allowed them to address their top needs with better perceived value.

Maybe they didn't like Lattimore. He is an injury risk (although so is Corey Davis but w/e) and maybe they weren't comfortable with him. Question though: Did any of us have Adoree Jackson as the top cornerback on the board at #18? Did any of us have Taywan Taylor as the top receiver, heck even the top slot receiver in the board at #72? Did any of us have Jonnu Smith as the top TE on the board later on in the third?

Of course some of us don't like the Titans draft. It wasn't in my bottom five, but it certainly would have made a bottom seven list if I had written that instead. In my case, that doesn't mean the Titans drafted poorly. I absolutely hated the Derrick Henry pick last year and he has turned out just fine.


I would've felt much better with taking Lattimore at 5 and OJ at 18 then I would have taking Adams at 5 and OJ at 18. Atleast taking Lattimore at 5 fills a huge need while OJ fills a lesser need while still helping Marcus in the passing game. Taking Adams at 5 (ignoring corner) and taking OJ at 18 (ignoring WR) would just set us up for more of the same; corners getting thrashed and Mariota still not having any outside weapons.

The reason Im more than ok with the Corey Davis pick is because Ive seen time and time again how the Titans have had the most pitiful WR core for as long as I can remember. The Titans have had one thousand yard receiver in like the past 12 years or so (I could be forgetting someone). I've seen Marcus try to rely on his TEs too much because his receiver's can't catch a ball without a defender draped all over his back. Every pass to a receiver is contested even if the ball is perfectly placed because their receivers cant create any type of separation. No real redzone threats and forced to rely on his back catching passes out of the backfield. Marcus needed a true, outside, number 1 receiver and the Titans think they got one because they believe Davis can do it all.

I can concede the OJ over Adoree pick. OJ may have been the best value there, but again, the Titans saw 2 needs being filled by taking Jackson there over taking a secondary type need in OJ. Time will tell but im ok with both their first round picks.
_________________


2015 Adopt-A-Titan:
Marcus Mariota
Byron Stingily
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Breesus mode


Joined: 26 Feb 2014
Posts: 7090
Location: Tucson Arizona
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckIsGOAT wrote:
Colts had the worst draft. Absolute disaster.

Now I know the Colts had a great draft.
_________________

catcheryea wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
you missed a crying jordan in the middle of your sig man.
you missed a bowl game at the end of your season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Frank-O


Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 2262
Location: Wisconsin - Cheeseland
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breesus mode wrote:
LuckIsGOAT wrote:
Colts had the worst draft. Absolute disaster.

Now I know the Colts had a great draft.
Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Suffering_Bills


Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Posts: 4669
Location: Rochester, N.Y.
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT4Life7 wrote:
Crickett wrote:
TT4Life7 wrote:
So the Titans shouldve taken guys in the first that they didnt desperately need and continue to get thrashed by opposing QBs because our corners were dreadful and then Watch Mariota try to keep up in the game by throwing to his only legitimate threat, Delanie Walker? Demarco was our 3rd leading receiver. That's a problem.

Rishard Mathews was incredibly solid but is not a number 1, Tajae Sharpe is average at best, and Harry Douglas probably doesnt even make a different team. But ya, we shoulda rolled with a WR corp of Mathews, Tajae, and Douglas and then continue to compare him with Jameis who has, IMO, a top 3 WR in the NFL. The fact that Mariota could even put up the stats he did with what he had at receiver is crazy to me.

As much as I liked the idea of Adams on this team (and does fill a smaller need but a need none the less), Davis was the right pick considering none of the top 3 receivers wouldve lasted until 18. The fact that you think we shouldve taken OJ at 18 is even funnier considering that the current starting TE spot was their only strong receiving option that Mariota had prior to the draft.

WR and CB were far and beyond the Titans greatest need and ignoring those positions for others of lesser need by relying on mid level rookies to fill the WR and CB positions with no current options would have been asking for more of the same. Mariota needed ALOT of help at receiver and they got him at 5 (as well as Taylor in the 3rd) and Jackson filled 2 needs immediately (cb, returner). Jackson might've been a slight reach, but considering the Titans had no 2nd round pick (traded for an All-Pro Rookie RT btw) I think it was fine.

I'm not so excited about the Titans draft after the 3rd, but I couldn't be any happier to have Corey Davis and am excited to see what Adoree brings with his versatility and explosiveness.


So you don't think Jamal Adams would have helped that whole "getting thrashed by opposing QB's" thing? You don't think having two top notch TE's like Walker and Howard would help Mariota in an offense that likes to use 12 personnel as much as the Titans do? It's not like anyone is claiming the Titans should have drafted an offensive tackle and a quarterback in the first round. Adams and Howard would have helped the Titans secondary and Mariota tremendously. Meanwhile, if they had gone in that direction, when the third round rolled around, here's who would have been available for the Titans:
At #72:
Taywan Taylor, WR
ArDarius Stewart, WR
Fabian Moreau, CB
Carlos Henderson, WR
Chris Godwin, WR
Cameron Sutton, CB
Cordrea Tankersley, CB

And then at #108
Amara Darboh, WR
Dede Westbrook, WR
Josh Reynolds, WR
Mack Hollins, WR
Howard Wilson, CB
Ryan Switzer, WR
Chad Hansen, WR

But I can see your point about Jamal Adams not being a huge need for the Titans. But here's the thing: They could have drafted Marshon Lattimore at #5, Howard at #18 (Or David Njoku, because Howard is good but Njoku would be better Razz ) and then a pair of receivers in round three. That would have allowed them to address their top needs with better perceived value.

Maybe they didn't like Lattimore. He is an injury risk (although so is Corey Davis but w/e) and maybe they weren't comfortable with him. Question though: Did any of us have Adoree Jackson as the top cornerback on the board at #18? Did any of us have Taywan Taylor as the top receiver, heck even the top slot receiver in the board at #72? Did any of us have Jonnu Smith as the top TE on the board later on in the third?

Of course some of us don't like the Titans draft. It wasn't in my bottom five, but it certainly would have made a bottom seven list if I had written that instead. In my case, that doesn't mean the Titans drafted poorly. I absolutely hated the Derrick Henry pick last year and he has turned out just fine.


I would've felt much better with taking Lattimore at 5 and OJ at 18 then I would have taking Adams at 5 and OJ at 18. Atleast taking Lattimore at 5 fills a huge need while OJ fills a lesser need while still helping Marcus in the passing game. Taking Adams at 5 (ignoring corner) and taking OJ at 18 (ignoring WR) would just set us up for more of the same; corners getting thrashed and Mariota still not having any outside weapons.

The reason Im more than ok with the Corey Davis pick is because Ive seen time and time again how the Titans have had the most pitiful WR core for as long as I can remember. The Titans have had one thousand yard receiver in like the past 12 years or so (I could be forgetting someone). I've seen Marcus try to rely on his TEs too much because his receiver's can't catch a ball without a defender draped all over his back. Every pass to a receiver is contested even if the ball is perfectly placed because their receivers cant create any type of separation. No real redzone threats and forced to rely on his back catching passes out of the backfield. Marcus needed a true, outside, number 1 receiver and the Titans think they got one because they believe Davis can do it all.

I can concede the OJ over Adoree pick. OJ may have been the best value there, but again, the Titans saw 2 needs being filled by taking Jackson there over taking a secondary type need in OJ. Time will tell but im ok with both their first round picks.

This was a reasonably deep draft for WR's, and especially CB's. Should've gone for the two likely all-pros in Adams and Howard. Time will tell. Wink
_________________
Why have a signature? I don't need to be famous.................................................
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VanS


Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Posts: 344
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the teams I felt had the best drafts.

Top 10 Draft Classes

1. Pittsburgh Steelers - I honestly believe the Steelers have potentially landed one of the best draft classes in modern NFL history. I absolutely loved their first 5 picks. All 5 have the potential to be all-pro/pro-bowl caliber players. Before the draft, I had JuJu Smith-Schuster rated as my #2 ranked WR, Cameron Sutton rated as my #1 ranked CB, James Conner as my #2 ranked RB, and Joshua Dobbs as my #1 ranked QB. To land all 4 of those players who I felt were worthy of being selected in the 1st round as well as TJ Watt who has pro-bowl talent if he can stay healthy is simply amazing. Don't be surprised if these 5 players form the core of a team that competes for multiple super bowls in the next 5-10 years. Beyond the first 5 picks, the Steelers also did a great job late in the draft. Brian Allen and Keion Adams show the physical traits to potentially develop into starting caliber NFL players. And that is honestly the best you can ask for late in the 5th and 7th round. Both guys are great athletes, now its on the coaches to see if they can develop them into decent NFL players.

2. New Orleans Saints - I didn't like their first 2 picks. Lattimore and Ramcyzk might turn out to be solid NFL players but neither struck me as potential stars in the NFL and I believe there were better players on the board that they could have selected. But I absolutely loved what they did from the 2nd round on. I had Marcus Williams rated as good as Malik Hooker so getting him in the second round when Hooker went in the top 15 was an absolute steal. I believe Williams has the potential to be an all-pro safety and one of the best center-fielders in the NFL. My favorite pick for the Saints in this draft was the selection of Alvin Kamara in the 3rd round. Talk about the perfect marriage. Kamara's skills are perfectly suited for what Sean Payton wants to do. I compared Alvin Kamara to Marshall Faulk early in the draft process. Going to New Orleans on that turf with Sean Payton gives him a good chance of living up to that comparison. When it comes to the rest of their picks, I believe Alex Anzalone, Trey Hendrickson, and Al-Quadin Muhammad all have the potential to be solid starters in this league. All around great draft by the Saints that should set them up to be a big time contender in the NFC for the next few years. Don't be surprised if the Saints have a season in 2017 like the Falcons had in 2016 with all these rookies on defense making big-time contributions for them.

3. Arizona Cardinals - I absolutely loved their first 2 picks. I believe Haason Reddick has All-Pro potential and he is currently my favorite to win Defensive Rookie of the Year next season. Budda Baker is another instant impact player with Pro Bowl potential. He reminds me of the Honey Badger. Their third round pick Chad Williams is one of my favorite sleepers in this draft class. I believe he can develop into a solid starting wide receiver in the league. What puts the Cardinals draft over the top for me is what they did in undrafted free agency. Sojourn Shelton and Trevor Knight were my top sleepers at the CB and QB position. To get both of them in camp is an absolute steal IMO. I don't know if Knight will make their team, but I believe if they can stay patient he can develop into a better pro QB than he was a college QB. I am however confident Shelton will make the team. He reminds me a lot of Brandon Flowers in terms of size and playing style. Don't be surprised if he's one of the top undrafted free agents from this class 4-5 years down the road.

4. Tennessee Titans - This is all about Corey Davis. I am such a huge fan of this kid as evidenced by the fact I've been comparing him to Jerry Rice for a while now. I believe he might be the best overall player in this draft class. I've been saying Myles Garrett is the clear-cut #1 player in this class throughout the entire process but I now believe landing in Tennessee might give Corey Davis the edge long-term. He landed in the absolute best landing spot for him. With that offensive line giving Mariota protection and a dominant run game, Corey Davis will be able to step right in and dominate as a #1 wide receiver. Don't be surprised if he has an Ezekiel Elliott type of season next year as a rookie. I wouldn't be surprised if he's one of the league leaders in receiving yards and TDs next year. He's that good and Tennessee is that good of a fit. Beyond Davis, I loved the picks of Taywan Taylor and Jonnu Smith. Both should be really good starters with the potential to be Pro Bowlers down the road. Taywan Taylor is the ideal slot receiver and Jonnu Smith is a lot like his teammate Delanie Walker. Jon Robinson has done a great job building this roster. I have got the Tennessee Titans making the playoffs next year if Mariota can stay healthy.

5. Cleveland Browns - Loved the pick of Myles Garrett 1st overall. It was a no-brainer. He should be the best defensive end in the NFL for the next 10 years. He reminds me of Bruce Smith. Beyond Garrett they did a decent job drafting good players throughout the draft. They had more picks than everyone else and given the fact this was such a loaded draft, they should have landed one of the best classes. David Njoku was a great pick at the bottom of the 1st round. He should develop into a pro-bowl caliber tight end. I really liked the selection of Larry Ogunjobi in the third round. He is a guy who can be an instant starter that develops into a pro-bowler down the road. I also liked the pick of Matt Dayes in the 7th round. He was my top sleeper at the RB position and although I don't think he can be #1 RB on a team, he can be a Kevin Faulk type weapon that is a change of pace back on 3rd down. The only negative about this class is that they still haven't found their QB of the future. I personally don't think DeShone Kizer has what it takes to be a good QB in the NFL. So while this draft will make the Browns a respectable team going forward, I don't think they will become a playoff team until they find a starting QB.

6. Dallas Cowboys - The Cowboys needed defensive back help in the worst way so they drafted a trio defensive backs. And man did they do a great job. I thought they absolutely hit it out of the park with the selections of Jourdan Lewis, Chidobe Awuzie, and 6th round steal Xavier Woods. I loved all 3 players before the draft. And I believe all 3 should be immediate starters with the long-term potential to be pro-bowl caliber players. I didn't love the pick of Taco Charlton. There were several edge rushers that were better still on the board like Tarell Basham, Derek Rivers, and Jordan Willis, however, he can still turn into a decent starter. Late round picks Ryan Switzer and Joey Ivey also have starter potential. All-around great draft by the Cowboys. Along with last year's stellar draft class, the Cowboys have set themselves up to be a Super Bowl contender for the next 5 years.

7. Detroit Lions - One of the sneaky great classes in this year's draft. I absolutely loved the pick of Jarrad Davis in the 1st round. He's been my top middle linebacker in this class for a long time. I believe he can develop into an All-Pro caliber linebacker. He reminds me a lot of Patrick Willis. I don't know if he'll be that good, but he should be a standout middle linebacker for the next 10 years. Other than Davis, I loved the picks they made on defense with Teez Tabor and Jalen Reeves-Maybin. Despite the slow 40, I still believe Teez Tabor can develop into a pro-bowl caliber CB. He's a perfect fit in Detroit's zone scheme and should be an instant starter. Jalen Reeves-Maybin is an undersized linebacker with some limitations but he is athletic and smart. He's another perfect fit in Detroit's scheme. He should develop into a solid starting weak-side linebacker. Kenny Golladay is another mid-round pick by the Lions that I believe can also develop into a reliable starter. He's got a nice combination of size and speed. And finally maybe the biggest steal in this entire draft is Brad Kaaya falling to the 6th round. I've been high on him during this entire draft process. I had him rated as my #2 ranked QB in this class after Joshua Dobbs. And I believe he can develop into a Matt Ryan type QB. Obviously he won't start anytime soon playing behind Matt Stafford who is still young and obviously good. However, I think he landed in a good landing spot to develop because there will be no expectations for him to be anything more than a backup QB. Matt Stafford gets hurt a lot and I believe if he has to miss time over the next couple of years, Brad Kaaya will come in and play well enough to get a shot as a starter either in Detroit or somewhere else.

8. Indianapolis Colts - One of the best defensive drafts in the league this year. My favorite pick in their class was Tarell Basham in the 3rd round. I thought he was a 1st round caliber prospect so getting him in the 3rd round is an absolute steal. I believe he develops into a pro-bowl caliber defensive end/outside linebacker. He reminds me a lot of Houston Texans standout pass rusher Whitney Mercilus. I also liked the pick of Malik Hooker. His talent as a single-high center fielding safety is just outstanding. He has a chance to lead the league in interceptions. I also liked the pick of Quincy Wilson. He should be an immediate starter. I liken his game to Jalen Ramsey. He'll be a very good press corner in the league. Anthony Walker Jr. is another defensive player from this class that I believe has the potential to develop into a starter. Colts may not have done anything to improve their offensive line but they did improve their defense substantially.

9. San Francisco 49ers - Solomon Thomas is the obvious star of this class. He's one of the more unique players I've seen in recent years. I couldn't really get a good comparison for him because he's such a unique player so I went with a mix of JJ Watt and Aaron Donald. He's not quite as tall as JJ Watt but he's also not quite as short as Aaron Donald. He's almost at a happy medium between the two. But he is just as explosive as them when it comes to rushing the passer. I believe Solomon Thomas will develop into the best interior pass rusher in the league. He should be a dominant player for the next 10 years. Along with Thomas, I also loved the pick of Ahkello Witherspoon. He needs some time to develop but he's a heck of an athlete with tremendous range and natural hips. He should turn into a solid starting corner with the potential to be a pro-bowl caliber player. Trent Taylor was a solid pick late in the draft. He's basically a Cole Beasley type player. He'll be a starting slot receiver in the league and he'll make plenty of plays on 3rd down. The only pick I didn't like was Reuben Foster. I know a lot of other people like him but I just don't trust him. His small size, injury history, and off field issues made him a no go for me. Outside of the draft, I thought the Niners did a great job in undrafted free agency. Like the Cardinals, they picked up 2 players that I liked and thought should have been drafted. Matt Breida was a guy who I thought would get draft in day 3 so I was surprised when I saw he didn't get drafted. His tape looked an awful lot like Cadillac Williams (former Auburn RB). And he also tested really well at his pro-day. I believe he has a good chance to be a starting caliber RB in the NFL. Another undrafted free agent I liked that signed with the Niners is Cole Hikutini. He looked like a mid-round draft pick to me so I was also surprised to see him go undrafted. I expect him to make the team and get playing time. He has the potential to be a decent receiving tight end in the league.

10. New York Jets - This is honestly all about Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye. I really didn't like any of their other picks but getting Adams and Maye (two guys who I believe have All-Pro potential) is all they needed to do to get into my top 10. Talk about a perfect pairing. Both these guys compliment each other very well. I am gonna say it again, this pairing has a chance to be the best safety combination in the NFL for the next 5-7 years. Both players have the potential to be the best at their position similar to how Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas were the best at their position for several years. New York Jets have solved the back-end of their secondary for the next decade.

Best of the Rest

 Los Angeles Rams: loved the picks of Gerald Everett and John Johnson....both have pro-bowl potential.....Josh Reynolds should also develop into a decent starter
 Cincinnati Bengals: Joe Mixon, Jordan Willis, and Carl Lawson were all great picks.....John Ross can be special if he stays healthy......Josh Malone should be a legitimate deep threat
 Baltimore Ravens: Marlon Humphrey and Tyus Bowser are absolute studs.....both have pro-bowl potential.....Tim Williams should be a decent pass rusher on 3rd down
 Chicago Bears: much maligned draft class that is actually a lot better than people think.....beyond Trubisky who may or may not be good, Ryan Pace did a good job with picks like Tarik Cohen, Eddie Jackson, Jordan Morgan, and Adam Shaheen.....all 4 should be major contributors if not solid starters for several years
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group