Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If I was Mike Brown
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: If I was Mike Brown Reply with quote

jasonwbantle wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
jasonwbantle wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
jasonwbantle wrote:
This would have been my draft. Thoughts?

If I was GM...

1.9 Jonathan Allen DT Alabama
2.48 Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma
3.73 Tim Williams OLB Alabama
4.116 Carl Lawson DE Auburn
4.129 Desmond King CB Iowa
4.139 Jake Butt TE Michigan
5.153 Isaac Asiata G Utah
5.176 Zane Gonzalez PK Arizona State
6.193 Brad Kaaya QB Miami (FL)
6.217 Ben Boulware ILB Clemson
7.227 Malachi Dupree WR LSU
7.251 Devonte Fields OLB Louisville

.....come and see me in 3 years; I'll let you know how it all worked out then.

Lame. Anyone can do that. It takes real skill to project that now.

No; it takes real skill to predict the picks before the draft, not after it.

In terms of your 're-do' mock; the one area on the team we did not address was OL. I know the OL class was pretty weak this year; but we did lose Whit & KZ, and didn't really replace them; (given the so far poor performance of Oggy & Fisher). Andre Smith might become a good guard, but we have no idea. Right now our tackles are Oggy, Fisher & Winston with Hopkins & Smith who can kick outside. Doesn't exactly fill you with confidence.

I for one didn't like the idea of taking Jonathan Allen @ #9; just didn't see the 'fit'. He'd be backing up Geno. He'd be a UT for us IMO, not a DE.

Fine with Mixon, Lawson, Butt, Asiata, Gonzales (but not in the 5th), Boulware & Dupree picks, but not with the Tim Williams or Desmond king picks. Not sure we needed another CB in King; and the like I had with Brandon Wilson @ #193. Would have looked for the best OT option @ #73, and best NT @ #128.

And Allen would start next to geno at either position

Don't think so; assuming he's healthy, its Billings all day for me @ NT; and in selecting Allen, it depends what your aim was with the pick. If you wanted to improve your rush off the edge and upgrade MJ90, Allen doesn't do that for me. Sure; Allen is a potentially outstanding talent, but IMO just didn't seem to fit us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: