Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Relative Athletic Scores
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Relative Athletic Scores Reply with quote

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/5/16/11678686/relative-athletic-scores-what-they-are-and-why-they-work

Read it yourself to get a better understanding. It is a neat tool that can be used to determine how athletic a player is at his position and how he ranks draft or league-wise. It isn't perfect but it is fun. Kent Lee Platte, writer for Pride of Detroit, created this formula/system. His Twitter handle is @MathBomb if you want to ask additional info on him and his system. I like it to be honest.

Check this out, he posted this earlier:

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMashMouthMike

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Thanks Lyasr 529
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMashMouthMike wrote:
Laughing

You don't like it?

warfelg

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff armsteeld. As usual your lightyears ahead on this stuff.

I'm really interested in how our overall class athleticism matches up against other teams this year, and against ourselves in other years. It really feels like since Tomlin has come in they have adopted the Dungy philosophy to drafting. We're going to take very athletic football players and let them use that. We will do our best to put them in a place to succeed. So I would imagine stacked up to other teams this would be one of the highest rated athletic classes with the "worst athlete" being "average" at his position.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
Good stuff armsteeld. As usual your lightyears ahead on this stuff.

I'm really interested in how our overall class athleticism matches up against other teams this year, and against ourselves in other years. It really feels like since Tomlin has come in they have adopted the Dungy philosophy to drafting. We're going to take very athletic football players and let them use that. We will do our best to put them in a place to succeed. So I would imagine stacked up to other teams this would be one of the highest rated athletic classes with the "worst athlete" being "average" at his position.

Thanks for the praise but I can't access it. Math Bomb created this and I enjoy his work. The Ravens drafted some tremendous athleticism. I didn't use talent because it doesn't measure talent. In terms of RAS, we were the poorest, if I can recall, drafters in our division. I will try to post them once I get to a computer but if someone else goes to his site, link above at top of post, they can share the results.

JLambert58

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work, arm. Helpful (and quick) tool to understand how these guys stack up relative to the field.

I'm curious: Who are some of the top rated OLBs and CBs using this measurement both in 2017 and all-time?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
Good work, arm. Helpful (and quick) tool to understand how these guys stack up relative to the field.

I'm curious: Who are some of the top rated OLBs and CBs using this measurement both in 2017 and all-time?

The first graph shows from 1999 til now. I don't know if it goes back farther but if you check the website, it may show it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: