You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers almost traded Brett Hundley
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:
Packer_ESP wrote:
cooters22 wrote:
Victor1124 wrote:
If anyone offers the Packers a 3rd round pick or higher, they should definitely jump all over that.

I disagree. My starting asking price would be a 2nd and nothing less. We chose him in the 5th, originally he was mocked as about a third rounder. Now he has two years of being a backup to a very good qb, getting coached by maybe the best organization in football for developing young qb's. And given the fact that this was a awful qb draft. At the same token New England turned down a first round pick for Jimmy Girappolo. And I'm not ceratain that he's any better or that much better than Hundley. Keep the guy unless someone offers you a boatload. We need a backup until we trade him next season.

Career stats:
2/10
17 yards
0 TD, 1 INT
1 fumble

I know stats don't tell the whole story and all that jazz but I really can't see why anyone would give us a 2nd for Hundley. He played very well his first preseason, played just one game his second preseason and has only played garbage time (and somewhat poorly) in official games. Aren't we just overvaluing our own players?

Those stats don't tell any part of the story. Referencing them is moronic. A team would give up a 2nd for Hundley because of what they see on tape in terms of mechanics, control of the Offense, etc. Teams give up 1st and 2nd Round picks for QB's that have never played in the NFL. In fact, no NFL Draft pick has played in the NFL. So makes Kizer worth a 2nd Round pick but not Hundley?

how have i never looked at it this way before

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understand it, NFL teams were high on some of Hundley's traits, but wouldn't pick him high because a) he showed very little improvement at UCLA over his career and b) some of his flaws were hard fixes.

The Packers are in position to showcase both "he's made progress" and "look at all the stuff he's fixed" just in the preseason this year. He had already got a bunch of stuff cleaned up by his first NFL preseason.
palmy50

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got on here to read what you all had to say about the draft and seen this. Bunk story guys!!!
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Got on here to read what you all had to say about the draft and seen this. Bunk story guys!!!
not surprising. thanks for the update

[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

I sort of got the sense that people (Demovsky in particular) were just throwing out plausible rumors because otherwise they wouldn't have anything to talk about Friday afternoon.

Still unclear on where "the Packers might take Kizer" comes from.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

I sort of got the sense that people (Demovsky in particular) were just throwing out plausible rumors because otherwise they wouldn't have anything to talk about Friday afternoon.

I saw that article when I woke up, that the Packers had interest in Kizer at 33. Come on Laughing

[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:

The second I saw who wrote it I was pretty sure this was the case.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

I saw that article when I woke up, that the Packers had interest in Kizer at 33. Come on Laughing

The dumbest thing about that was, how exactly would you plan to get a good return on investment for that? It would have required flipping him for a first round pick later on. And doesn't really cover the time spent increasing Kizer's value, and the loss of a player that would help the Green Bay Packers as a second round pick. Hundley is an asset because he was a 5th round pick that will turn into something better, whether that is via trade or a comp pick.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Csraverage

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I thought the JETEs were shopping Sheldon, not Mo.

When Hundley walks, what is the likely comp pick? 4th or 5th? I think we should just keep him for that rate. I don't think we will find a better #2 QB in the meantime.

You right. I got them confused.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

Any chance the Packers leaked some things to help create a market? That was my first thought when I heard the Kizer thing, and then later the Hundley thing.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
Any chance the Packers leaked some things to help create a market? That was my first thought when I heard the Kizer thing, and then later the Hundley thing.

NFL teams do stuff like this but do the Packers? I always got the sense that TT would much rather just say nothing or nothing of value than deliberately mislead.

If "Packers might take Kizer" came from anywhere other than the mind of the writer who wrote the article/tweet, it was probably from Kizer's agent who wanted his guy to go #33.
skibrett15

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

Pretty clear to me where it comes from- GB Front office leaking it so that they get blown away with an offer for 33. There wasn't a crazy offer, but that was put out there to try to drive it.
Victor1124

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooters22 wrote:
Victor1124 wrote:
If anyone offers the Packers a 3rd round pick or higher, they should definitely jump all over that.

I disagree. My starting asking price would be a 2nd and nothing less. We chose him in the 5th, originally he was mocked as about a third rounder. Now he has two years of being a backup to a very good qb, getting coached by maybe the best organization in football for developing young qb's. And given the fact that this was a awful qb draft. At the same token New England turned down a first round pick for Jimmy Girappolo. And I'm not ceratain that he's any better or that much better than Hundley. Keep the guy unless someone offers you a boatload. We need a backup until we trade him next season.

Our starting asking price should be a 2nd and nothing less, sadly, I don't think we will get that. We should hold out for a 2nd until close to the draft and then settle for a 3rd if we have to. I'd rather get something for him than wait until he is a free agent and get nothing for him.
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think the Packers were interested in Kizer, just not at 33.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

This, the Packers don't leak info unless they wanted it to be leaked.

Hundley has probably one of the best groups of playmakers for a 2nd group in the NFL. Janis, Allison, Davis, Yancey, Dupree, RichRod, Kendricks. He should have a field day this preseason and increase his value.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: