You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

John Elway?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: John Elway? Reply with quote

I know this could go into the draft forum and I apologize if I break a rule. But this deserves it's own thread because I want to maximize discussion I will settle for nothing less.

During the season I said I felt John was a product of Peyton GM'ing wise and there are points to this that are legit but I want to recsind my thought process a little. This is because I look around at the landscape of the NFL and I see teams like the packers or Saints and these teams underutilized their abilities to win a championship with these franchise qbs since 2010. While John Elway while having Peyton Manning utilized this approach and his resources by macimizing the talent around Manning.

Heck, I'm not sure if this model is sustainable but for four years it sure looked like it was and no one was better at it than John Elway.
The first two years he solidified the talent as a team around Manning in the draft and free agency, while during the last 2 he saw the window with Manning was closing so he targeted players in the draft while still dominating free agency with great signings im Talib, Ward, Ware, Stewart ,Sanders. They all came here for less money because they believed in Manning and wanted to win.

Fast forward the last 2 years free agency dried up . Year one we swear it had to do with cap. Year 2 I can argue we paid top dollar for everyone who signed. We no longer have a winning culture guaranteed to win the division ala with Manning.
This trickles dowm to the draft because you have no more bargain bin signings in free agency because Siemian, and Lynch have a small resume which can't compete with having Manning.

I'm not bashing Elway and his draft I respect that, But the fact is until Lynch, or Siemian, or Chad Kelly become the next franchise qb we are in purgatory and will have to target and covet Players because this is basically our draft and free agency all in one.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: