You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2018 - The Year of the Quarterback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How Many 1st Round QB's in 2018 ???
One
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Two
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Three
20%
 20%  [ 16 ]
Four
40%
 40%  [ 32 ]
Five
15%
 15%  [ 12 ]
Six
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Seven
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Eight
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
More than Eight
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Blank - I just want to see the results
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 79

CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
6. Baker is short

So is Drew Brees, so is Aaron Rodgers, and the list goes on. Good thing QB height isn't the end all, be all to this discussion.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
tannenballs wrote:
6. Baker is short

So is Drew Brees, so is Aaron Rodgers, and the list goes on. Good thing QB height isn't the end all, be all to this discussion.

Aaron Rodgers is 6'2", so he is hardly short.
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel Jeremiah's scouting report on Darnold and Allen:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000813121/article/first-look-scouting-usc-qb-sam-darnold

A lot of potential there to be special.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000814722/article/first-look-scouting-wyoming-qb-josh-allen

Scary potential if he can refine his touch rather than always depending on throwing it hard.
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iamcanadian wrote:
Daniel Jeremiah's scouting report on Darnold and Allen:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000813121/article/first-look-scouting-usc-qb-sam-darnold

A lot of potential there to be special.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000814722/article/first-look-scouting-wyoming-qb-josh-allen

Scary potential if he can refine his touch rather than always depending on throwing it hard.

I've been huge on Allen for a while, so I'll be going down in flames with that bandwagon if he busts. Usually not my type of prospect - I like high floor guys early in the first, even if it means I'm giving up a little bit in the ceiling. But Allen is a high ceiling, low floor type, and I still love him as a prospect. I watched so much tape of him last year and he had several eye popping throws that the guys from last year's class couldn't match. I would have had him as my QB #1 last year had he declared.

I do worry that he'll flatline a little this year after losing Hill, Gentry, a some pieces from an offensive line that wasn't good to begin with, but I'll be backing this bandwagon all year.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Kenrik

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iamcanadian wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
tannenballs wrote:
6. Baker is short

So we just established 6'1.5" is the over/under for tall/short qbs?

Baker is short

Baker is 6'1"

Rodgers is 6'2"

Rodgers is Hardly Short
tannenballs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenrik wrote:
Iamcanadian wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
tannenballs wrote:
6. Baker is short

Baker is short

Baker is 6'1"

Rodgers is 6'2"

Rodgers is Hardly Short

Where are you getting this height from?
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayfield is listed at 6'0" 218 from NFLDS which are usually compiled by scouting agencies that get spring measurements.
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
Kenrik wrote:
Iamcanadian wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
tannenballs wrote:
6. Baker is short

Baker is short

Baker is 6'1"

Rodgers is 6'2"

Rodgers is Hardly Short

Where are you getting this height from?

Rodgers has been 6'2" forever and is listed thus on Green Bay's NFL site. I'm not sure of Baker's height.
tannenballs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Rosen has a lot of Ryan Leaf qualities
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:

I feel like an explanation is needed here

tannenballs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
tannenballs wrote:

I mean not really. His background is downright scary. Teammates don't like him. Entitled. Big time partier.
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
Forge wrote:
tannenballs wrote:

I mean not really. His background is downright scary. Teammates don't like him. Entitled. Big time partier.

Do you have a source on the teammates not liking him? I haven't heard that. I mean, he moved in with two of them off campus when he went to UCLA. Is he brash? Sure. Speaks his mind. Likely an acquired taste, so I'm sure not everyone loves him, but I haven't heard anything about his teammates hating him. I mean, I'm thinking his teammates show up at his birthday party.

I don't see anything atypical in his partying outside of a normal college kid. In two plus years, I don't think he's stirred up any real controversy or has partied to a point of misconduct. There's been no drugs. There's been no major news story break out from what I can remember. There was the hot tub incident...but I don't think that there was anything wrong with that. The lawn ornaments? Okay, immature, but almost anyone who has been 18 years old with friends has probably done something somewhat comparable, including athletes.

There are the rumors that he's entitled, but that doesn't mean much on his own. Is it affecting his ability to be coached? Make meetings or practice or games on time? Does that in and of itself prohibit him from effectively lead a huddle and offense on the field? Is it affecting his ability to focus on games and that kind of stuff?

Ryan Leaf suffered from a number of issues. Was he a partier? Yep, definitely. But there were other issues. Refused to take coaching and had a problem with authority and accountability. If I remember right, he had a questionable work ethic. He actually "failed" the personality test (it said his personality type would not a great fit for quarterback). He blew off the meeting for with the Colts for some reason (I know the story out there is that he didnt want to go to Indy).

I mean, right now on Rosen, we are mostly getting "hot tub in room". Lawn ornaments. Speaking his mind. A trump hat. So far as I know, he hasn't missed practice, or been an issue or anything like that. I don't know, I'm just don't think that "a lot of Ryan Leaf qualities" is a stretch. Are there some things that would worry me? Yes, I'll cop to that..but nothing about him at the current point in time makes me think of Leaf (yet). For some reason, I have a little more faith in his intelligence at this point to not go down the Manziel road...I don't know what is. Maybe I'm just being fooled by the way he's carrying himself...but it just seems like he has other things that he's interested in and not just partying.

CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
His background is downright scary. Teammates don't like him. Entitled. Big time partier.

His background is far from scary. He comes from a wealthy and connected family who challenged him and taught him to question things. He loves to learn and try new things. Coming from his affluent background he's about the best scenario you can hope for. I can't speak to teammates not liking him. I haven't heard anything about that. Entitlement is almost obligatory considering his background. That accusation is as much about his background as it his attitude toward a highly authoritarian football structure that essentially tells the college athlete to shut up and be grateful. He sees the money in the program and he sees his struggling teammates and speaks out for them. How many affluent superstar college athletes would go out of their way to hurt their reputation for them? Partying. If you can find a picture of him holding a drink on the internet you let me know.

tannenballs wrote:

Ryan Leaf's biggest problem coming out of college was that he had problems with emotional maturity and would fly off the handle. He wasn't cut from the right cloth to be a franchise NFL QB. There are levels of arrogance that most high level QB's show and I'm not sure where Rosen is at. He seems analytical and self critical.

Rosen isn't scary. He's just a bit of a mystery. He's a really smart guy with a lot of options and interests. He's only 20 years old. He's never had a job. He's still got that rebel in him. You hear these NFL people talk about how frightened they are of him. Maybe they know things we don't. I don't see it from what I know. The NFL establishment loves servitude. He's ruffled their feathers. Rosen just has a habit of sometimes saying what most people want to say but won't.

Two years ago, before the summer of his senior season at Bosco and after Rosen led the Braves to a mythical national championship, he was once again confronted with an obstacle and trying to figure out why. Bosco had a game scheduled against St. Louis High in Honolulu, and the cost of the trip was $1,500 per player. Bosco's athletic population is a 30-mile radius outside the Los Angeles suburb of Bellflower, a footprint that includes players from all over Los Angeles County—from the well-to-do in Rolling Hills to the working class in Compton. For two years, Rosen had driven all over the county from his home in Manhattan Beach, picking up teammates and driving them to school, their bond growing stronger with each trip through untenable L.A. traffic. The way Rosen saw it, why was he able to travel to Hawaii for the game simply because he was born into a family that could afford it? And more importantly, why couldn't his teammates go because their families couldn't afford it? So he came up with a plan, an idea to print a discount card for local businesses that would earn cash for the football program. Bosco could then use the money to help less-fortunate players make the trip. The constant, the variable, the answer. Or in the world of Rosen, a plan that answered why. He threw on a suit and tie in the 90-degree summer heat and went from business to business to sell the idea of the discount card. He tracked the progress on his iPad and gave Negro daily updates on how it was playing out. By the time it was over, he had sold enough cards that every player on the team made the trip to Hawaii. And not one player knew what he had done.

This story from HS doesn't mean he's the greatest college teammate of all-time but I've never heard of a kid doing anything like this - ever.
tannenballs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep digging
tannenballs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only June, it will probably be all out in the open by draft time

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: