Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ranking The Roster - #1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the best player on the Titan's roster?
Marcus Mariota
30%
 30%  [ 11 ]
Jurrell Casey
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
Taylor Lewan
38%
 38%  [ 14 ]
Delanie Walker
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Jack Conklin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ben Jones
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DeMarco Murray
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Logan Ryan
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Brian Orakpo
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Derrick Morgan
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Avery Williamson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 36

TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Ranking The Roster - #1 Reply with quote

With the draft over, we're officially hitting the dead period for the NFL, May and June. However, thankfully we have Ranking the Roster to get us through most of May and AaT to get us through most of June so it's not a complete borefest around here.

For the first time since the 2013 poll(which CJ took) we might have a new #1. Jurrell Casey has completely dominated the #1 spot, getting 16 of the 27 votes on the first poll last year(Walker gave him a little bit of competition), being outright given the #1 spot in 2015 without a poll, and 22 of the 27 votes in the 2014 #1 poll.

Guys like Taylor Lewan and Marcus Mariota both have the potential to beat him out this year.

If there's any names on this poll that I'm missing that you want to see placed on there, feel free to name them.

2016's Top 10 -

1. Jurrell Casey
2. Delanie Walker
3. Marcus Mariota
4. Brian Orakpo
5. Derrick Morgan
6. DeMarco Murray
7. Jason McCourty
8. Taylor Lewan
9. Avery Williamson
10. Kendall Wright

#MTGA
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewan gets my vote here. Feel he was the best and also most consistently dominant player on the team last year. Jurrell Casey was still fantastic, but I feel Lewan's level of play as an LT outdid his at DE/DT, Walker had another very nice season but still not enough to get him a #1 vote from me, Mariota had a very nice season but inconsistencies drop him, and Lewan's ability to dominate edge rushers solo compared to the amount of help Conklin received keeps him above Conklin for me.

#MTGA
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ready to go Marcus Mariota now. We have a lot of good candidates but I'm ready to put Mariota as our top guy

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be much better this year with the team being even more talented.
I'm going with Lewan. Marcus is a close 2nd but Lewan was consistent and dominant all year long. Top 5 LT in the game right now and likely moving up. Mariota will probably win though because he's the quarterback.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Double Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still going Casey. He didn't do anything to get replaced out of the top spot for me. Lewan is a monster and Conklin is a stud, but Casey is just a disruptive machine on the front line and the main reason our defensive line is so good. He does it every year, too, so bonus points there.

As for Marcus, when he is on his game, he's definitely deadly, but there were still a few games last year where he forgot how to throw the ball for long stretches at a time. I love him as much as the next guy, but he's not our best player yet. Maybe after this season if all goes well.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta go Casey. Casey is angry about getting pushed around last season. He has been working out angry, and he will attack the other team even angrier now!
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it's Mariota. Not soley because he is our franchise QB (although it plays a huge part), but also because he's the most talented and the most electric player on our team. Forget the fact that he's the most responsible for winning games because you can say that about any QB, but him only being in his 2nd year and contributing 28 total TDs while yet to throw an INT in the redzone to go with his 33 TDs puts him first on my list. Going into his 3rd season in the NFL and hes already widely considered a fringe top 10 QB in the NFL makes him the best player on this team IMO.

After that its a close race between Casey and Lewan. Casey's been dominant longer so Ill give him the nod at 2 with Lewan at 3.

2015 Adopt-A-Titan:
Marcus Mariota
Byron Stingily
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Lewan 2 but can certainly make a case for number 1. I think this is the year Mariota puts it all together and makes the case he's in that class of upper echelon of QBs in the league. Like it was just pointed out Mariotas numbers in the red zone are ridiculous. I don't have a criteria in these things but i also project a little bit on some of these guys and I just think Marcus is the best player on the team. Even in the clutch he's pretty damn good not perfect but does what has to be done. I still can't get over some of the throws this kid has made to help win games like the GW in DET and just dropping it into a bucket to Murray in KC on 4th down to set up the Henry TD. Marcus will is a special one for sure I'm just ready to say he's the number 1 guy on this team. I have the guy who plays a big part in Marcus being successful at number 2

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casey is, to me, our best player.

Mariota is our most important and, assuming he continues to improve, will be our best player soon enough.

Not going to argue anyone who says Lewan, though.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Titansfan

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is close between Lewan and Casey but Lewan's tendency to do the odd stupid thing just swings it in Casey's favour for me. I love everything about Lewan including his passion, love for the team and aggression I just wish he would channel it better sometimes so it didn't cost the team points and field position.

Casey is so consistent and has done it at times when players around him have offered so little. He is an underrated player still in my opinion.

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Lewan he has been extremely good in protecting Mariota. I can see people not picking him because of the boneheaded penalties but he seems to have gained more control of that lately.

I will say it's nice to be in this position now. The past few years it has been Casey and no one else in consideration. Now we have Lewan, Casey, and Mariota all vying for that top spot. In a year or two, we may be talking about who is #1 from Lewan, Mariota, Casey, Davis, Conklin, Jackson.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casey hasn't done anything to lose his top spot, as much as Lewan has just taken it. There was some a lot of chatter last offseason, about moving him to RT where his mauling nature would be more of a fit, and drafting a more finesse LT like Tunsil. Well Lewan shut any of us doubters up, and had his best season as a pro. He's a top 5 T right now, and would not surprise me if he makes the push for top dawg in the league again this year. Either way, I think he's our best player in 2017.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
Casey hasn't done anything to lose his top spot, as much as Lewan has just taken it. There was some a lot of chatter last offseason, about moving him to RT where his mauling nature would be more of a fit, and drafting a more finesse LT like Tunsil. Well Lewan shut any of us doubters up, and had his best season as a pro. He's a top 5 T right now, and would not surprise me if he makes the push for top dawg in the league again this year. Either way, I think he's our best player in 2017.

yup. casey's great, and i'll vote for him at #2, but lewan was outstanding this year and i expect him to continue to be one of the best left tackles in the nfl moving forward.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got 32 votes, I didn't even know we had 32 users come here Laughing

Lewan currently holds a 2 vote lead on Mariota and a 3 vote lead on Casey.

#MTGA
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give this another hour or two before moving on to the next. Not sure we're getting more than 32 votes.

#MTGA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: