You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sheldon Richardson?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Marcus21


Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 1952
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Sheldon Richardson? Reply with quote

I have seen multiple reports that we were in talks to trade for Richardson during the draft. It seems like if he were willing to take a pay cut he would have been traded. I can't blame him for not.....his 8.1 mil is fully guaranteed. We could take a one year flyer on him if we were willing to lay his salary. It would cost us next to nothing!
What do you guys think about taking an expensive one year contract for a good D Tackle in a contract year? Could be nasty playing with Allen

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/50-50-chance-sheldon-richardson-is-traded
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 7252
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jets need to be willing to eat some of his salary if they're going to deal him. I don't really want him but I'd offer a 2018 4th and Matt Jones as a throw in. It's the best offer they'll get and we get another one-year deal player.
_________________
Dashing is the greatest FF poster ever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ripsean21


Joined: 20 Mar 2009
Posts: 3698
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
The jets need to be willing to eat some of his salary if they're going to deal him. I don't really want him but I'd offer a 2018 4th and Matt Jones as a throw in. It's the best offer they'll get and we get another one-year deal player.


I'd pull the trigger on that if they eat atleast 3 million of his contract this season
_________________

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 8924
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our DL would end up looking more great than good we should pull the trigger the issue is what money he wants .

We will have a lot of players to lock in .

Pryor
Murphy maybe
Kirk cousins
Crowder
Galette maybe?

But I think it's worth the risk .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marcus21


Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 1952
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Our DL would end up looking more great than good we should pull the trigger the issue is what money he wants .

We will have a lot of players to lock in .

Pryor
Murphy maybe
Kirk cousins
Crowder
Galette maybe?

But I think it's worth the risk .


Richardson would be a one year rental. I highly doubt we would pay him the money he wants.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
The jets need to be willing to eat some of his salary if they're going to deal him. I don't really want him but I'd offer a 2018 4th and Matt Jones as a throw in. It's the best offer they'll get and we get another one-year deal player.
I'd defintiely do that. Man, if the Skins got Richardson to play opposite Allen, their DL pass rush would be great.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman


Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Posts: 10361
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets aren't letting him go for less than a second rounder.

If your Allen and you can't re-sign Cousins, you do it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 5589
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Our DL would end up looking more great than good we should pull the trigger the issue is what money he wants .

We will have a lot of players to lock in .

Pryor
Murphy maybe
Kirk cousins
Crowder
Galette maybe?

But I think it's worth the risk .

Unless youre trying to roll unused cap into next year, no reason to worry about who else we need to lock up later. So many things can happen that if you have a chance to get a guy who's going to help that much imo you pull the trigger.

Murphy may have already been replaced and galette has contributed 0. We have no idea what's happening with Kirk or a handful of other players.

I say sign him, trade Matt jones if it makes you feel good. But get the best guys on the field this year because we will be replacing minimum 7 or 8 players next year anyway. Then sort it out and see who you need to re-sign.
_________________


Last edited by DCRED on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
The Jets aren't letting him go for less than a second rounder.

If your Allen and you can't re-sign Cousins, you do it.
You'd trade a 2nd rounder for Richardson? Or are you saying we should trade Cousins for Richardson?

If the Jets want a 2nd rounder - and that's the first I've heard they wanted that much in a year - then they can keep him, and we can sign him next offseason if he stays out of trouble the rest of this offseason.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Our DL would end up looking more great than good we should pull the trigger the issue is what money he wants .

We will have a lot of players to lock in .

Pryor
Murphy maybe
Kirk cousins
Crowder
Galette maybe?

But I think it's worth the risk .

Unless youre trying to roll unused cap into next year, no reason to worry about who else we need to lock up later. So many things can happen that if you have a chance to get a guy who's going to help that much imo you pull the trigger.

Murphy may have already been replaced and galette has contributed 0.

I say sign him, trade Matt jones if it makes you feel good. But get the best guys on the field this year because we will be replacing minimum 7 or 8 players next year anyway. Then sort it out and see who you need to re-sign.
I agree.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 5589
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets need a WR. Why not a 3rd rounder, Ryan Grant, Matt Jones

For Richardson.

The 8.1 m is irrelevant since we will be shuffling contracts and signing new people next year anyways...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 7252
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
The Jets aren't letting him go for less than a second rounder.

If your Allen and you can't re-sign Cousins, you do it.


They aren't getting a second round pick. They've been asking for a third and no one will do it. They either take the fourth rounder for him or let him walk next season for nothing. Nobody is going to give him a big contract so they won't get any kind of compensation pick for him. A fourth and Matt Jones would be tremendous value for a guy who gets into trouble and doesn't want to be there anymore.
_________________
Dashing is the greatest FF poster ever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ripsean21


Joined: 20 Mar 2009
Posts: 3698
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Field the best team you can. I wouldn't give up a 2nd for him though. We have a lot of guys to resign next year but we're not going to resign everyone. Adding him to this DL gives us a nice mix of run stuffing and pass rushing players. That's a nice rotation. We still don't have that NT that you look for in a 3/4 but I think our front 7 is a position of strength with him.
_________________

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
Field the best team you can. I wouldn't give up a 2nd for him though. We have a lot of guys to resign next year but we're not going to resign everyone. Adding him to this DL gives us a nice mix of run stuffing and pass rushing players. That's a nice rotation. We still don't have that NT that you look for in a 3/4 but I think our front 7 is a position of strength with him.
I don't think we know yet that we don't have the NT we need on our roster. If Phil Taylor is healthy, he can be that guy. I also heard Al Galdi say yesterday that when Stacey McGee was on the field for the Raiders last season they gave up 1 yard less per carry. McGee is a run stuffer, McClain was a good run stuffer for the Cowboys last year and Taylor had been a good run defender before his knee injury. For all we know, these guys will be our answer there. At least by the stats and watching what these guys did last year and for Taylor earlier in his career, they could be the answer at NT.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21


Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 1952
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:
Field the best team you can. I wouldn't give up a 2nd for him though. We have a lot of guys to resign next year but we're not going to resign everyone. Adding him to this DL gives us a nice mix of run stuffing and pass rushing players. That's a nice rotation. We still don't have that NT that you look for in a 3/4 but I think our front 7 is a position of strength with him.
I don't think we know yet that we don't have the NT we need on our roster. If Phil Taylor is healthy, he can be that guy. I also heard Al Galdi say yesterday that when Stacey McGee was on the field for the Raiders last season they gave up 1 yard less per carry. McGee is a run stuffer, McClain was a good run stuffer for the Cowboys last year and Taylor had been a good run defender before his knee injury. For all we know, these guys will be our answer there. At least by the stats and watching what these guys did last year and for Taylor earlier in his career, they could be the answer at NT.


We also have Joey Mbu, Matt Ioannidis, and AJ Francis!! Along with Phil Taylor surely one of them can handle the 20% of snaps we will use a NT!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group