Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaylon Smith
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
doumeyer


Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Posts: 2187
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Jaylon Smith Reply with quote

How is Jaylon Smith doing? He was suck a great player at ND.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Action Jackson


Joined: 30 Sep 2014
Posts: 3094
Location: Ft.Worth, Texas
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most recent news has been fantastic. He has regained ability to move his toes which means his nerve finally has started to fire. We don't know yet if he will heel 100% but there is room for legit hope at this point. If he can be 90% of the prospect he was coming in, he's going to be a pro bowler year in year out. That said we're a long ways from that being the case. But we have room for hope!
_________________

EL ramster on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
quiller


Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Posts: 1938
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we would have drafted a LB in the draft if the cowboys did not have confidence in Smith making the field this year, so to me not drafting a LB was a Good Sign.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hiero


Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 9186
Location: Sacramento
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quiller wrote:
I think we would have drafted a LB in the draft if the cowboys did not have confidence in Smith making the field this year, so to me not drafting a LB was a Good Sign.

This is what I was thinking, hopefully he can play this year.
_________________

Skalelujah
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31394
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quiller wrote:
I think we would have drafted a LB in the draft if the cowboys did not have confidence in Smith making the field this year, so to me not drafting a LB was a Good Sign.


I really wanted a LB regardless because Lee's got an injury history of his own. But the recent news about Jaylon has been encouraging to say the least.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ware94


Joined: 02 Dec 2005
Posts: 1587
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone with the same injury, I can tell you, lifting his toes is HUGE. I haven't lifted mine in about 13 years.
_________________
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
MLB - Texas Rangers
NCAA- Auburn Tigers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Denus


Joined: 05 May 2013
Posts: 169
Location: NastyNash
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ware94 wrote:
As someone with the same injury, I can tell you, lifting his toes is HUGE. I haven't lifted mine in about 13 years.


wow... I guess I didn't realize the severity of the injury.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheFinisher


Joined: 10 Mar 2010
Posts: 105
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Jaylon Smith Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
How is Jaylon Smith doing? He was suck a great player at ND.


He will be full go at Rookie Mini-Camp so we'll get a lot of answers then.

The reviews on his current status have been extremely encouraging though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Action Jackson


Joined: 30 Sep 2014
Posts: 3094
Location: Ft.Worth, Texas
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ware94 wrote:
As someone with the same injury, I can tell you, lifting his toes is HUGE. I haven't lifted mine in about 13 years.


That sucks. Can you walk around ok though? I'm curious how that works. I can't really picture not being able to use my toes. Seems strange.
_________________

EL ramster on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 48973
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According the Jerry Jones:

They measure the sensitivity of the nerve (somehow) and there has been a *500%* increase in the last 30 days.
_________________


Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
resilient


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 4641
Location: where old school ballers go to die
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
According the Jerry Jones:

They measure the sensitivity of the nerve (somehow) and there has been a *500%* increase in the last 30 days.


"according to Jerry:" Shocked
_________________
it's not the SKILL of a man, but the WILL of a man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 48973
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

resilient wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
According the Jerry Jones:

They measure the sensitivity of the nerve (somehow) and there has been a *500%* increase in the last 30 days.


"according to Jerry:" Shocked


It didnt sound like a number he pulled out of his butt. He basically was bragging "Hey, doctors just said there is 5x more activity in his nerve today as opposed to last month".
_________________


Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 37576
Location: Somewhere in the middle
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
resilient wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
According the Jerry Jones:

They measure the sensitivity of the nerve (somehow) and there has been a *500%* increase in the last 30 days.


"according to Jerry:" Shocked


It didnt sound like a number he pulled out of his butt. He basically was bragging "Hey, doctors just said there is 5x more activity in his nerve today as opposed to last month".


It's measured with an EMG (electromyogram) Wink
_________________

^^^El Rammy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
resilient


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 4641
Location: where old school ballers go to die
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
resilient wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
According the Jerry Jones:

They measure the sensitivity of the nerve (somehow) and there has been a *500%* increase in the last 30 days.


"according to Jerry:" Shocked


It didnt sound like a number he pulled out of his butt. He basically was bragging "Hey, doctors just said there is 5x more activity in his nerve today as opposed to last month".


It's measured with an EMG (electromyogram) Wink


showoff !!
_________________
it's not the SKILL of a man, but the WILL of a man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 37576
Location: Somewhere in the middle
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

resilient wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
resilient wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
According the Jerry Jones:

They measure the sensitivity of the nerve (somehow) and there has been a *500%* increase in the last 30 days.


"according to Jerry:" Shocked


It didnt sound like a number he pulled out of his butt. He basically was bragging "Hey, doctors just said there is 5x more activity in his nerve today as opposed to last month".


It's measured with an EMG (electromyogram) Wink


showoff !!


Cool Laughing
_________________

^^^El Rammy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group