Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predicting the 2017 depth chart
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robbroy45

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcticNorseman wrote:
QB: Bradford, Keenum
RB: Murray, Cook, McKinnon
FB: Ham
WR: Diggs, Thielen, Floyd, Treadwell, Adams, Bohringer (gunner)
TE: Rudolph, Hodges, Morgan
LT: Reiff, Hill
LG: Boone
C: Elflein, Easton
RG: Isidora, Beavers
RT: Remmers, Clemmings

LE: Hunter, Robison
NT: Joseph, Stephen
UT: J. Johson, T. Johnson, T. Johnson
RE: Griffen, Jones, Weatherly
SLB: Barr, Brothers
MLB: Kendricks, Gedeon
WLB: Lamur, Lee
CB: Rhodes, Mackenzie
FS: Smith, Harris
FS: Kearse, Exum
CB: Waynes, Newman, Sherels

LS: McDermott
KR: Adams
PR: Sherels
K: Forbath
P: Quigley

PUP/IR: Bridgewater and Floyd

For the Practice Squad Guys:
Nick Truesdell, TE
Aviante Collins, OG
Reid Fragel, OT
Stacy Coley, WR
Ifeadi Odenigbo, DE
Caleb Kidder, DE
Tre Roberson, CB
Tashan Bower, DE

I assume Berger retires in this scenario, but where are Sendejo and Sirles? No way they are cut in favor of Exum and Beavers, respectively

Heimdallr wrote:
Watching the game with two pcers fans.

Beer s good
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I knew I was missing someone. Yes, Sirles would replace Hill or Beavers on O Line. I could see Sendejo being retained over Exum but with him losing the starting role to Kearse, he moves on.

I don't care if Berger retires or gets cut. I think the Vikes will do the honorable thing and help him land elsewhere, but I don't see him being on the Vikes roster to start 2017.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard not seeing Berger on the roster. He's so versatile, as a backup he can fill any interior spot. You need that player active on game day.

I am hopeful that Elflein starts and I'd guess that Sirles would be the favorite at RG.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcticNorseman wrote:
Ah, I knew I was missing someone. Yes, Sirles would replace Hill or Beavers on O Line. I could see Sendejo being retained over Exum but with him losing the starting role to Kearse, he moves on.

I don't care if Berger retires or gets cut. I think the Vikes will do the honorable thing and help him land elsewhere, but I don't see him being on the Vikes roster to start 2017.

Berger is our best OL. Only way he's not on the roster Imo is if he retires.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishtanked wrote:
ArcticNorseman wrote:

Nope . . . I totally recall how a vast majority were calling for Hutch to be traded or cut because he was too old, Loadholt older and injured, Sullivan - not so old, but injured. Berger never has been a Pro-bowl caliber player. He doesn't have as much wear on his body as Hutch or other former great Vikes O-linemen did when they were cut/moved/retired. Bottom-line: If Berger's our best O-lineman, we really, really, really suck.

When the only thing really positive you can say about an O-line guy is he gets the snap count right, and he's part of a unit that's getting QBs killed and completely inept at getting the running game on track . . . we'll as a manager, I'd look at the "leader" of that group. Obviously it wasn't Fusco or Kalil last year . . . they fed off Berger, and for a couple years now, he's shown to be serviceable. Personally, I'm done with serviceable. This team needs fire, strength and intelligence in it's O-line leader, someone that puts chemistry #1.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So because you perceive him to not a be a leader, and he's never made a pro bowl, he should be cut? With the trouble this team has had with the offensive line, and the fact that we have no established interior depth, you'd cut a, at worst, league average offensive lineman that can play all three interior positions?

I'm REALLY glad you're not in charge, because that's idiotic. Placing the blame on a weak offensive line unit on the man who just happened to be playing center in the middle of a bunch of terrible players, is a misassigning of blame as well.

If the only positive you can pull from Berger's play the last fe years is he got the snap count right, you haven the been paying attention.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcticNorseman wrote:
When the only thing really positive you can say about an O-line guy is he gets the snap count right, and he's part of a unit that's getting QBs killed and completely inept at getting the running game on track . . . we'll as a manager, I'd look at the "leader" of that group. Obviously it wasn't Fusco or Kalil last year . . . they fed off Berger, and for a couple years now, he's shown to be serviceable. Personally, I'm done with serviceable. This team needs fire, strength and intelligence in it's O-line leader, someone that puts chemistry #1.

Basically what you are saying is that because the OL was bad we should cut the best OL player just to make a statement because he is supposed to be the leader and there isn't enough fire.

Not exactly the way I would approach building a team.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcticNorseman wrote:
fishtanked wrote:
ArcticNorseman wrote:

Nope . . . I totally recall how a vast majority were calling for Hutch to be traded or cut because he was too old, Loadholt older and injured, Sullivan - not so old, but injured. Berger never has been a Pro-bowl caliber player. He doesn't have as much wear on his body as Hutch or other former great Vikes O-linemen did when they were cut/moved/retired. Bottom-line: If Berger's our best O-lineman, we really, really, really suck.

What? I'm not even going to address the multitude of generalizations and inaccuracies in your post. The fact remains Berger has been the best olineman over the past couple of years and at worst provides high level, versatile back up capability. They won't cut that for a Beavers level player.

I also don't see Sendejo going anywhere this year. Not until his hypothetical replacement proves himself. You don't just cut depth for no reason.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting . . . how is it some fans can scream bloody murder about their opinions and what they think is best for the Vikes, and I'm not allowed? Laughing

I did not state generalizations, I stated:
1. Berger has been serviceable.
2. He gets the snap count right -- (and doesn't hold much).
3. He's not overly talented, not enough to warrant a sniff of the pro-bowl, although 2015 did garner him some recognition.

Yeah, that's the best I can do for complimenting him, and maybe I am being too critical. Maybe that's all the Vikes feel they need from him on the O-line, but I've been around long enough to see some ebbs-n-flows in this organization, and right now, this O-line needs to get young and develop some chemistry -- AND NOT MAKE MISTAKES (no jumps offsides, no holds, just complete the assignment), so some of what I address is really coaching.

What really throws me for a loop is that you guys are thinking the Vikings can't bet better by cutting him -- it's not even a consideration? He is OK . . . he is not young . . . he does not provide anything special --- even though he has started over 50 games in the NFL, and yes, that in itself is an accomplishment, no doubt.

The fact he's been rated highly on the line the past couple years speaks volumes to how injuries and lack of quality depth on the O-line have affected the overall team. I'll give him credit for being able to make a lot of money doing what he's wanted. But, ultimately, he's 35, even if there's chance I'll be eating crow in 6 months, I think the team can get better by moving on.

If they move Berger to RG, and no one can beat him out for the starting role, ok, I'll tip my hat to him.

At center, I think Elfein and Easton provide better options.

Ultimately, this team needs to get better at pass-blocking. They need to get better at run-blocking. They need to quit the drive-killing mistakes that cost them 3 victories last year. Part of that may have happened by letting Kalil walk and cutting Fusco. If the line this year is Reiff, Boone, Elfein, Berger and Remmers/Sirles and they lead the offense to top-15 rushing, top-10 passing and top-10 in scoring . . . I'll admit I was wrong on Berger.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcticNorseman wrote:
Interesting . . . how is it some fans can scream bloody murder about their opinions and what they think is best for the Vikes, and I'm not allowed? Laughing

i never understand when guys express an opinion that generates an opposite opinion from others the first guy then feels he's not allowed to express an opinion at all, and then criticizes others.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
ArcticNorseman wrote:

i never understand when guys express an opinion that generates an opposite opinion from others the first guy then feels he's not allowed to express an opinion at all, and then criticizes others.

How dare you criticize his criticism of people criticizing him? Where do you think we are? America? Laughing

Thx to Lil Uno!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i may or may not have taped our conversations.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: